Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Anyone definitely not going to go and see the Stones if they do another tour?
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: January 30, 2010 19:34

The only reason I would go see I a Stones show is if they record a new album worth listening to live.

Re: Anyone definitely not going to go and see the Stones if they do another tour?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 30, 2010 19:34

Norwegian Rats are actually from Denmark.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: January 30, 2010 19:56

Loudei
The only reason I would go see I a Stones show is if they record a new album worth listening to live.

Good point, Loudei. And even if they did, how many tracks would they play?

Date: January 30, 2010 19:59

Only 2.

Maybe the Stones need to do a Bail Out tour - as in, tour for free for the fans. That's the only way people will be able to afford to financially and it might make hearing the same tired wrecked songs again a little more...palatable.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 30, 2010 23:10

Saw them in '76.confused smiley

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 30, 2010 23:46

skipstone
Maybe the Stones need to do a Bail Out tour - as in, tour for free for the fans. That's the only way people will be able to afford to financially and it might make hearing the same tired wrecked songs again a little more...palatable.

It is very confusing those responses that is. On the one hand you all say that particulairily Keith ccan't play anymore, and that they play allways the same songs. But when some one says, right Jagger send Keith on retirement and get Taylor back instead of Keith. In the Taylor interview on the Taylor threat he tells how he had a "creative relation" with Mick, but Taylor doesn't say anything positive about Keith at all. And it was allready established on this site that most responders here thought Wandering spirit was a bettter album than what Keith composed for the Stones at the time, plus the excellent solo albums of Ron wood. So logical conclusion Keith on retirement, Taylor, Wood and Jagger coming together with Watts (if he's still in the game) and writing and recording a new and final album followed by a final tour playing only those new songs and some new renditions of older cover songs (the Womack and womack version of It's All Over Now for example). This is a logical and propositional vision, but yet it gets panned by the "fans" (what do they actually want you wonder)... Why would the Stones actually listen to the fans, look at you, all you do is complain and criticise, DITCH THE FANS i saysmiling smiley DITCH THEM!

It is true, fans are the enemies of any band, because they love a certain time and period and forever wants you to re-enact that past glory, And than complain that it is not exactly like that time....no ofcourse it ain't. Ditch the fans and do what is wise, (which is the opposite of what the fans want).

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 1, 2010 09:59

Havo
i am sure they will cut the ticket price and the last time to see them.

That is the funniest thing I've read here today.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: kees ()
Date: February 1, 2010 10:14

Skipped the last tour. Bored with the set lists and bad playing of Keith and Ron.
However, if they refresh the set list and Ron and Keith get their act together again, I will go.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 1, 2010 15:24

I'm on the fence myself. The days of foolishly squandering $500 a show for a couple hours of pleasure are long over. I could think of several much better uses for that money. Some days it pisses me off that I was so foolish for so long. But then I do have my days when I get very excited at the thought of a new tour and following them (somewhat) around again. I guess it will all depend on where the ticket prices are......

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: February 1, 2010 15:30

VoodooLounge13
I'm on the fence myself. The days of foolishly squandering $500 a show for a couple hours of pleasure are long over.

You hit the nail on the head. It is crystal clear that the Stones now have to shift their attention from the old fanbase to the younger generation.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 1, 2010 17:40

kees
Skipped the last tour. Bored with the set lists and bad playing of Keith and Ron.
However, if they refresh the set list and Ron and Keith get their act together again, I will go.

so, in other words, you're not going

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: February 1, 2010 17:55

I´ll definitely go - only if their lineup doesn´t change.

How often depends on the venues, the friends, the Stones´ state´.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 1, 2010 18:17

I wait and see what happens. I wont be buying tickets a couple of months in advance, thats for sure. In case I hear positive reports after the first couple of shows that make me curious and awakes my interest in seeing them live again (whatever that may be - interesting setlist, guitar players in great shape, line-up changes) I will go. Otherwise - if its the same as ABB or even more downhill, I wont.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 1, 2010 18:26

I'll go if they do clubs and if Blondie gets to play more guitar, maybe an intro and a couple of solos while Keith and Ronnie keep on posing.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 1, 2010 18:32

The Stones
I'll go if they do clubs and if Blondie gets to play more guitar, maybe an intro and a couple of solos while Keith and Ronnie keep on posing.

ronnie did a better job of lead posing on the last tour though, while keith held down more of the rhythm pose duties...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-01 19:18 by T&A.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 1, 2010 19:14

thabo
VoodooLounge13
I'm on the fence myself. The days of foolishly squandering $500 a show for a couple hours of pleasure are long over.

You hit the nail on the head. It is crystal clear that the Stones now have to shift their attention from the old fanbase to the younger generation.

As if the "younger generation" is waiting for those aged people, about 70 years old now and some of them acting as if they're still in their 20th.

How 'young' should this generation be, in your opinion?

That's the whole point about artistic integrity. Adapting themselves to attract younger people? By playing even more air guitar? By smoking even more sigarettes on stage? What would do the trick? It's also just an illusion, however much they would adapt themselves. It's utterly undesirable. Trying to be or remain popular would be humiliating too.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 1, 2010 23:13

As they will probably start the new tour in America, I get to read reviews on IORR and listen to bootlegs before I have to buy tickets. If the music is as bad as last time around (my last gig was Werchter), I won't go.

Plus, I wont ever pay to see them perform in a stadium or big field ever again.

Date: February 1, 2010 23:59

Even if i've been very disappointed about the BB tour, especially the last leg, i'll be there. I can't imagine not being there for their last ever concert, after more than 35 years of addiction. But i'm definitely done with those ridiculous prices in USA. As far as i love travelling USA and meeting all those wonderfull people, no way i would put 500 bucks one more time for a two hours show. I did it a lot of time, and don't regret anything, but it's over.
Don't tell me it's the market or something like this, it's just ridiculous. For my pleasure, my wife and my daughter are also dedicated fans. 3 x 500 $ is a very xpensive night isn't it? More than millions of people in our west countries earn in on month. Even if i can afford it, maybe because i get older and more responsible, i feel bad about it.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 2, 2010 00:05

yes i will go see them but only once or twice as has been my trend since licks, mostly due to ticket prices followed by warhorse boredom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-02 00:07 by melillo.

Date: February 2, 2010 00:09

behroez, I am Darth Vader.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: February 2, 2010 01:55

I'll go if I'm given a ticket or if I get very rich (unlikely). It will surely be fun (and I'll have reasonable expectations); but there are so many other concerts to spend money on that are more fun today.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 2, 2010 02:28

If they want me to come I can only say: GIMME GIMME GIMME a good reason!

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: February 2, 2010 02:59

Sure I will go see them... Hadn't seen them live in 16 years... Can't wait for the new tour.

drummer_dude

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 2, 2010 03:08

Of course I would go see them. If they are reachable, in my area, or withink reasonable travel distance I will see them...not much longer they will be doing touring so grab the experience while you can.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 2, 2010 03:48

The Stones? You can bet I'll be there for at least a dozen shows, no 'ifs' or 'unlesses' to it. I can whine about what I didn't like afterward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-02-02 03:52 by atip.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: February 2, 2010 03:50

The Stones? You can bet I'll be there for at least a dozen shows, no 'ifs' or 'unlesses' to it. I can whine about what I didn't like afterward.

Date: February 2, 2010 23:50

kleermaker
As if the "younger generation" is waiting for those aged people, about 70 years old now and some of them acting as if they're still in their 20th.

Wrong again kleermaker;

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 3, 2010 01:08

Fifteen years ago, in a country they'd never played before and back at a time when younger fans weren't priced out of their concerts. Not exactly a great counter argument, in fairness, for 2011-2012.

Date: February 3, 2010 01:21

Gazza
Fifteen years ago, in a country they'd never played before and back at a time when younger fans weren't priced out of their concerts. Not exactly a great counter argument, in fairness, for 2011-2012.

No, they were even younger and wilder during the ABB toursmiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 3, 2010 01:46

They were certainly wild if those riots outside the stadium were anything to go by!

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1758
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home