Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Ronnie is not that bad , in fact he is damn good !
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 28, 2010 22:38

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: January 28, 2010 22:39

behroez
What an intellectual diarea. First the masses are insensitive and lacking intellegence according to your thinking. And than when it turns out that you are a part of those Stones fan MASSES (thus lacking sensitivity etc) than suddenly those people who ON MASS vote for Exile as the best are not fans but experts LOL. So than what about the MASSES of Stones "experts"???? LOL

hot smileyHAHAHA thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 28, 2010 22:40

There is no "masses of Stones experts". It's only a very small group of people.
But it's obvious that you didn't get the point of my argument (i.e. that I'm not a part of the Stonesfan masses) at all. You made a mistake by saying that those who buy a Stonesalbum are automatically Stonesfans.

There are many people who once or even twice or more bought a CD of Mozart, but that doesn't automatically mean that they are all Mozartfans. Only a very small part of them is. You made a big logical error and it took a while before I saw that. You can blame me for that.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 28, 2010 22:47

kleermaker
You made a mistake by saying that those who buy a Stonesalbum are automatically Stonesfans.

?????eehh? Where did i say such a thing, i did not write anywhere something like that at all! I don't mind that you are mixed up (we all are) but do not say things that i didn't say anywhere. Again, where did i say such a thing, qoutes please!!!! I have no hard feelings to you because of a disagreement, but don't come with lies if you can't win an arguement and make up sentences i didn't utter or write anywhere boy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-28 22:51 by behroez.

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: January 28, 2010 23:11

behroez
kleermaker
You made a mistake by saying that those who buy a Stonesalbum are automatically Stonesfans.

?????eehh? Where did i say such a thing, i did not write anywhere something like that at all! I don't mind that you are mixed up (we all are) but do not say things that i didn't say anywhere. Again, where did i say such a thing, qoutes please!!!! I have no hard feelings to you because of a disagreement, but don't come with lies if you can't win an arguement and make up sentences i didn't utter or write anywhere boy!

Hey Kleremaker! I have followed this thread for the past few days and indeed nowhere has Behroez said this. It is very unpleasant of you to attack someone with lies after having trapped yourself by your own statements. Whether i agree with Behroez or not, this is not the way to go on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-28 23:12 by thabo.

Date: January 28, 2010 23:57

thabo
behroez
kleermaker

Hey Kleremaker! I have followed this thread for the past few days and indeed nowhere has Behroez said this. It is very unpleasant of you to attack someone with lies after having trapped yourself by your own statements. Whether i agree with Behroez or not, this is not the way to go on.

Behroez, you're right. You didn't say that literally. Replace the word saying with suggesting, because that's what I meant. But accusing me of lying seems very exaggerated to me, especially because you yourself are not the most prudent poster on this board. So calm down. You used big salesnumbers as an argument and by doing so it seemed to me that you did mix up Stonesalbum-buyers with Stonesfans. Not such a strange thought, I guess even a just one, but if you want to call that a lie, then maybe your head is too much involved in one of your favourite songs (Lies). Calling me "boy" isn't very subtle. I would say: not wise.

Thabo, why overreacting? Take it easy. I didn't trap myself by my own statements though it might seem so at first sight. But read my posts carefully and give it a thought. I'm sure you'll understand that you're wrong. But let me guess: you agree with Behroez.

Date: January 29, 2010 00:32

kleermaker
Behroez, you're right. You didn't say that literally. Replace the word saying with suggesting, because that's what I meant. But accusing me of lying seems very exaggerated to me, especially because you yourself are not the most prudent poster on this board. So calm down. You used big salesnumbers as an argument and by doing so it seemed to me that you did mix up Stonesalbum-buyers with Stonesfans.

No my friend, i had stated very clearly that there are different ways in which one can attempt to meassure what might be the best Stones era, of which the personal "what i like" is SUBJECTIVE to a personal taste. And that the use of salesnumbers as a means to measure what is the "better" Stones era is a more OBJECTIVE way (outside of ones personal SUBJECTIVE being moved by or not), Than i very clearly referred to another way which was looking at what the MASSES of people on this site (STONESFANS or on other Stones sites for that matter) vote as the best Stones album, and that's where your statement about the masses being insensitive came into the argument (not mine, your statement).
This was all said in the same response and you can clearly see that i made a distinction between what people buy on mass and what the STONESFANS (people active in Stones fanclubs, sites etc) consider on mass. It was very clear and you responded to that so it must have been also very clear to you. Therefor i could not but read your above statement as a deliberate false accusation, (and it seems i was not the only one who draw that obvious conclusion).

Anyway leave it, this is becoming a useless waist of time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-29 01:19 by behroez.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 29, 2010 00:41

If it's becoming a useless waist of time........................

A response with "Shall we be friends again " was enough

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-29 21:50 by NICOS.

Date: January 29, 2010 00:44

I think I'll go with the wise words of Let it Bleed.

Date: January 29, 2010 00:52

<><><><><><><><><<>>><><<>

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-29 01:04 by behroez.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 29, 2010 06:29

Anybody know her name?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 29, 2010 06:31

Brue

Anybody know her name?

Ronnie must have cut back drinking because his taste in women has certainly improved. This is a big improvement over the Scrawny Slav.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 29, 2010 06:53

Ronnie might have some problems, but picking women isn't one of them.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 29, 2010 09:34

Well, i like both periods, MT's and RW's, both are charming. If you don't like RW era you just have to listen RS until 1974's IORR album, except for the song IORR where RW ic co-composer.
As i like all the eras, i have much more to listen and enjoy.
Fpr example, Hey negrita's groove is very RW's, and i like it (this is just one example)

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: January 29, 2010 10:13

Anyway, RS's best moments are: 1/ Sister morphine with Ry Cooder and 2/ Heart of Stone (metamorphosis version) with Jimmy Page.

MT is a wonderful guitar player, the best one in the RS. But he is only a session music. His solo work is awful; much better are RW's solo albums.

And the worst guitar player , technically, is KR. But is the only one that has created a style that has been imitated for thousands and thousands of guitar players. The simplicity, and efectivity of those simple and easy riffs (brown sugar, gimme shelter, etc...) are GENIOUS WORK. He is the masters; the others, blues guitar p`layers as good as thoudsands of them in the world.

Date: January 29, 2010 10:17

KeithNacho
Anyway, RS's best moments are: 1/ Sister morphine with Ry Cooder and 2/ Heart of Stone (metamorphosis version) with Jimmy Page.

MT is a wonderful guitar player, the best one in the RS. But he is only a session music. His solo work is awful; much better are RW's solo albums.

And the worst guitar player , technically, is KR. But is the only one that has created a style that has been imitated for thousands and thousands of guitar players. The simplicity, and efectivity of those simple and easy riffs (brown sugar, gimme shelter, etc...) are GENIOUS WORK. He is the masters; the others, blues guitar p`layers as good as thoudsands of them in the world.

This is indeed the most sensible post in this thread thumbs up

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: January 29, 2010 13:17

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-06 21:32 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 29, 2010 19:04

Kleermaker and Behroez"IORR is the opium of the MASSES"LMFAO!!grinning smileygrinning smileysmoking smiley

Date: January 29, 2010 20:44

MARSBAR
Kleermaker and Behroez"IORR is the opium of the MASSES"LMFAO!!grinning smileygrinning smileysmoking smiley

A nice one! LMFAO means? Let's Make Fun And O?

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: January 29, 2010 23:02

kleermaker

The minority usually is right, the majority (the big masses) is mostly wrong. History proves that. There are less sensitive and intelligent people than ... well you know what I meanwinking smiley

...utter bollocks.

Next you'll be telling us that Harold Shipman was just misunderstood.

Posted by: MARSBAR ()
Date: January 30, 2010 01:50

kleermaker
MARSBAR

A nice one! LMFAO means? Let's Make Fun And O?
LMFAO=Laugh my F*****G Ass Off.smoking smiley

Date: January 30, 2010 02:13

Barn Owl
kleermaker

The minority usually is right, the majority (the big masses) is mostly wrong. History proves that. There are less sensitive and intelligent people than ... well you know what I meanwinking smiley

...utter bollocks.

Who is or was Harold Shipman? I'm just an ignorant Dutchman you know.

But don't take everything so literally, and didn't I use this sign: (winking smiley)? But what I really meant is that what the majority thinks or finds is not an objective criterion. This thesis: "the Stones are the best band of the world, not because you and me think they are, because that's just subjective, but because of the fact that they sell the most albums and that's just objective" is simply not just.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: January 30, 2010 02:23

kleermaker
Barn Owl
kleermaker

...utter bollocks.

...the doctor will see you now.

Date: January 30, 2010 02:51

Barn Owl
kleermaker
Barn Owl
kleermaker

...utter bollocks.

...the doctor will see you now.

Thanks to google I know it now. Dr. Death. Didn't remember the name. Too far away from my bed, as we use to say herewinking smiley

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: January 30, 2010 03:12

Ronnie can out drink Mick Taylor and MT can out eat RW.

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: January 30, 2010 03:22

There is something I like better about feel on the cusp (and often over) of skill level vs. skill level where the feel is harder to find.

I know guys personally that can out play MT at his best and people that are good but not great. This virtuoso is almost boring at times. This guys is amazing though. He is playing below. (wait for lead if you dare!) Skill means nothing without feel. My bro is good but when he hits the zone the feel overtakes playing skill for me!

it's all rock N roll and what is better then that!

Date: January 30, 2010 03:44

I've seen and heard clips of Indonesian guitar players who can play more than ten times faster and just as fluidly as MT. Still, their music did nothing to me. In the case of MT it's that special combination of the Stonesmusic and MT's musical feeling and musicality that does the trick, as Tele already worded much better than I can. Of course are technical skills a necessary condition. Who could play Beethoven's violin concerto without having a great deal of technical skill? Nobody. But skill is not enough to play it so that people get moved. Taylor did flourish on the Stonesmusic in his days as he later undoubtedly must have discovered himself. The other way around did the Stonesmusic profit most from MT's musical and emotional qualities as a musician.

Date: January 30, 2010 03:46

Markdog
Ronnie can out drink Mick Taylor and MT can out eat RW.

OK: Mick Taylor vs. Ron Wood in a hot dog eating contest and then a drinking contest.

And here's a great new drinking game for IORRians: Every time someone says "weaving" or "rehab" you have to take a drink.

Posted by: dtklamf ()
Date: January 30, 2010 04:01

I just hope that fat fok of Mick Taylor has nothing to do with a new tour in case it happens.

Date: January 30, 2010 04:19

dtklamf
I just hope that fat fok of Mick Taylor has nothing to do with a new tour in case it happens.

Very nice sentiment from you. A true fan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1974
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home