Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Ronnie is not that bad , in fact he is damn good !
Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 27, 2010 15:19

ablett
But would Respectable, Whip comes down, miss you been any good with Taylor? Go on be honest!

...I can't imagine Some Girls w/out Ronnie Wood.....he brought a vitality and sexiness to that record that put it over the top....

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 27, 2010 15:35

It was inevitable, wasn't it? The nostalgists for 1972 (or was it 1792?) come crawling out of the woodwork.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 27, 2010 15:42

bassplayer617
It was inevitable, wasn't it? The nostalgists for 1972 (or was it 1792?) come crawling out of the woodwork.

Just simply admit that the Stones were at their best in the Taylor era instead of offending the so called Taylorites in a weak way or defending the Wood-era by saying that Some girl is the highlight of the Stones and that every new tour is better than the one before. That's all unnecessary and, forgive me, even foolish.

Date: January 27, 2010 15:49

Just simply admit that the fans on this board actually voted the BB-tour as the best stones tour ever. I don't agree with this myself, but you're in minority here winking smiley

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 27, 2010 15:51

I'm sure Ronnie will tour 2010, but not with whom...

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 27, 2010 15:54

"...I can't imagine Some Girls w/out Ronnie Wood.....he brought a vitality and sexiness to that record that put it over the top...."

Exactly!

"Just simply admit that the Stones were at their best in the Taylor era"

Brian Jones era not count then as well?

Date: January 27, 2010 16:03

DandelionPowderman
Just simply admit that the fans on this board actually voted the BB-tour as the best stones tour ever. I don't agree with this myself, but you're in minority here winking smiley

The minority usually is right, the majority (the big masses) is mostly wrong. History proves that. There are less sensitive and intelligent people than ... well you know what I meanwinking smiley

Date: January 27, 2010 16:06

ablett
"...I can't imagine Some Girls w/out Ronnie Wood.....he brought a vitality and sexiness to that record that put it over the top...."

Exactly!

"Just simply admit that the Stones were at their best in the Taylor era"

Brian Jones era not count then as well?

Brian Jones era of course included.

Date: January 27, 2010 16:09

"The minority usually is right, the majority (the big masses) is mostly wrong."

In their own world maybe or if your a politician? Otherwise gimme an example....

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 27, 2010 16:17

kleermaker
Just simply admit that the Stones were at their best in the Taylor era

Now, you're talking absolute nonsense. The Stones overran the world in the 60's, how can the Taylor era be the best if all their major hits are from the Brian Jones era? How can the Taylor era be the best if (in your country Holland) only HALF of the Stones with Taylor albums made it to the nr 1 position, whilest almost ALL of the Ron Wood era Stones studio albums did make it to the nr 1 position of the Dutch album charts? How can the Taylor era be the best if the two world wide best sold Stones studio albums EVER are both from the Ron Wood era? How can you say that their performance have become worst and worst if they have become the best paid rock band in the world during their last tour? Do you think people are really so stupid that they will go to a band who's performance both live and on record are tainted with the rapid signs of severe decay after the demi-God Saint Michaél Taylor had deseerted them to fetch for themselves in the swamps of musical incapability? Either they are all blind and you are the only one with a superior intellect, or you are just plain arrogant (your choice). And anyway how can you judge the Stones live since you haven't seen them since 1982? Sorry if i sound a bit rude but bold statements ask for bold replies.

Posted by: behroez ()
Date: January 27, 2010 16:24

kleermaker
The minority usually is right, the majority (the big masses) is mostly wrong. History proves that. There are less sensitive and intelligent people than ... well you know what I meanwinking smiley

So you are finally admitting that Dirty Work is the best Stones albums ever?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-27 16:27 by behroez.

Date: January 27, 2010 16:25

<Do you think people are really so stupid that they will go to a band who's performance both live and on record are tainted with the rapid signs of severe decay after the demi-God Saint Michaél Taylor had deseerted them to fetch for themselves in the swamps of musical incapability?>

LOL!!!!!!! thumbs up

Date: January 27, 2010 16:28

behroez
kleermaker

Now, you're talking absolute nonsense. The Stones overran the world in the 60's, how can the Taylor era be the best if all their major hits are from the Brian Jones era? How can the Taylor era be the best if (in your country Holland) only HALF of the Stones with Taylor albums made it to the nr 1 position, whilest almost ALL of the Ron Wood era Stones studio albums did make it to the nr 1 position of the Dutch album charts? How can the Taylor era be the best if the two world wide best sold Stones studio albums EVER are both from the Ron Wood era? How can you say that their performance have become worst and worst if they have become the best paid rock band in the world during their last tour? Do you think people are really so stupid that they will go to a band who's performance both live and on record are tainted with the rapid signs of severe decay after the demi-God Saint Michaél Taylor had deseerted them to fetch for themselves in the swamps of musical incapability? Either they are all blind and you are the only one with a superior intellect, or you are just plain arrogant (your choice). And anyway how can you judge the Stones live since you haven't seen them since 1982? Sorry if i sound a bit rude but bold statements ask for bold replies.

The difference between you and me, which you've worded very well in your post, is that for me quality comes on the first place, for you quantity is decisive. Your post is again exactly a proof of the Stalinist mentality I mentioned in another thread just some minutes ago. But don't be afraid, you are not really forced to admit that the Stones were at their best in the Taylor era. Of course you can stick to your own opinion. But the way you treat the fans of the Stones as they composed and played during the Taylor-era is disgraceful and Stalinist. Think about that. I mean what I say. This time without irony or sarcasm, because irony is too difficult to understand for those with a Stalinist mentality.

Date: January 27, 2010 16:30

Top stuff.... I'm getting to like this Behroez!

But in my experience "Taylorites" have a thicker skin than a Rhinos butt!

Date: January 27, 2010 16:37

behroez
kleermaker

So you are finally admitting that Dirty Work is the best Stones albums ever?

I said usually. But you so called hardcore fan are not that subtle, are you? Even proper reading seems too much to ask. Well, I can live with that.

Date: January 27, 2010 16:38

"The minority usually is right, the majority (the big masses) is mostly wrong"

Go on then Einstein, give us half wits an example....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 27, 2010 16:44

behroez
kleermaker

Chart rankings and "best paid [whatever] band" are usually arguments used by a
12 year old before starting to cry...complete kindergarten !

Date: January 27, 2010 16:48

Its also immature to call names when you can't come up with a decent responce?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 27, 2010 16:59

ablett
Its also immature to call names when you can't come up with a decent responce?

It was decent enough and you weren´t adressed,ablett.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 27, 2010 17:16

behroez
kleermaker

Look, Behroez. We all get that you don't like Taylor or the Taylor era. That's fine,. But your arguments do nothing to support your opinions, and are increasingly bizarre and nonsensical. I do not know why you should be so surprised that many of us feel the Stones did their best work during the Taylor era, particularly the albums Sticky Fingers and Exile. We are talking about quality, not necessarily "hits". And to say that ABB is better than Exile is almost perverse. And to use evidence of the last tours as being "the best paid ever" in support of your argument that they are the best tours is also ridiculous. By that argument Britney Spears is better than the Stones because she has sold more records. Go ahead and enjoy what you enjoy, but you aren't convincing anyone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-27 17:20 by 71Tele.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 27, 2010 17:27

ablett
Thats my thoughts!

I love statements like...

"But would Respectable, Whip comes down, miss you been any good with Taylor? Honestly, they wouldn't have happened with Taylor."

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot! Thats the whole point I was making....

Yes, I was conceding the point that Ron Wood made a vital contribution to exactly ONE great Stones album (two if you count TY). I didn't shoot myself in the foot at all. He then spent 30 years declining and playing on subpar records. Are you familiar with the expression "the exception that proves the rule"? I don't have to disown everything Ronnie did in order to make the argument that Taylor was infinitely better for the group.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-27 17:28 by 71Tele.

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: January 27, 2010 17:29

I think we all love Mick Taylor, we don`t like the posture from some of the Taylor fans.
It has nothing to do with the best or who`s better, it all had to do with feeling.
I really don`t get it that grown men are discussing about guitar players who are better.
Please get a live allspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 27, 2010 17:29

"I do not know why you should be so surprised that many of us feel the Stones did their best work during the Taylor era, particularly the albums Sticky Fingers and Exile." Quote 71Tele

Not to forget about their live performances during the Taylor time, because imo he was far more prominent live than on the studio-albums and I like the live performances during his era even more than the studio work, which is also not bad, to use an understatement. The best songs are those on which Taylor shines. Listen one more time to Shine a light on Exile, behroez. It's not so dark, it has something to do with light, you know. But lighthearted, no. If you like lighthearted music, well then you better choose another band. There sooo much choice and it's sooo popular, so the quantity here is no problem and because you don't care about quality, well: there's a world to explore for you yet. You lucky bastardwinking smiley

Date: January 27, 2010 17:40

Why is the perceived decline of the stones always accounted as RW fault and not one of the glimmer twins not writing better material?

Isn't it more to do with the band turning into globe trotters that don't work for hours on end in the studio jointly on a song???

"Ron Wood made a vital contribution to exactly ONE great Stones album"

Date: January 27, 2010 17:56

ablett
Why is the perceived decline of the stones always accounted as RW fault and not one of the glimmer twins not writing better material?

Isn't it more to do with the band turning into globe trotters that don't work for hours on end in the studio jointly on a song???

"Ron Wood made a vital contribution to exactly ONE great Stones album"

Ablett, if you had followed the discussion well (here or at the other 'Ron Wood'-thread, it's indeed sometimes confusing), then you could have read that I and also some others came to the conclusion that it's not Ron who's to be blamed in the first place (if he is to be blamed anyway), but both Glimmers.

Date: January 27, 2010 17:58

Phew!! thank the lord for that, I can sleep tight now my friend......

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 27, 2010 18:07

ablett
"The minority usually is right, the majority (the big masses) is mostly wrong."

In their own world maybe or if your a politician? Otherwise gimme an example....

interesting political system you're describing here.

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: January 27, 2010 18:07

Ronnie Wood hit his prime before he joined the Stones- he was essential to the sound/success of those early Rod Stewart albums and had a killer signature guitar sound with The Faces- not to mention several of his solo LPs which are excellent. He undoubtedly saved the Stones when he joined due to his agreeable personality...not his musical skills. Far more interesting player before he became a Rolling Stone.

Date: January 27, 2010 18:12

we all know that, its just not his problem solely if there is a decline in the stones musical quality....

Date: January 27, 2010 18:13

<"Ron Wood made a vital contribution to exactly ONE great Stones album">

Black and Blue (Hey Negrita)
Some Girls (Lies)
Emotional Rescue (Summer Romance)
Tattoo You (Black Limousine)
Undercover (Undercover Of The Night)
Dirty Work (Title track)

Of course, there are lots of other examples.Ronnie Wood made great contributions on all of those albums. Let´s all agree on that, without comparing who´s the better guitar player.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home