Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones in Australia 1973
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: September 6, 2007 18:00

Re: Stones in Australia 1973
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 6, 2007 19:34

Did you hear what that fan with the beard said, almost at the end of the vid?

Something like "I have been a Stones fan for many years ... I preferred their older stuff, but they are still OK!!!"

Stones fans used to whine also in the Golden Era!

Priceless!

C

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 6, 2007 23:09

>> used to whine also in the Golden Era! <<

smile: yep they sure did - i believe the Official Whining started in 1963, and hasn't let up since.
each phase of 'em was sure they were right too, just like nowadays - which i think is always very worth bearing in mind.
and the best part is: the Rolling Stones are still the Rolling Stones. ain't that fine?! :E

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-06 23:16 by with sssoul.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: September 7, 2007 01:00

really a pity we do not have an official video of this era

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2007 01:35

Liddas
Did you hear what that fan with the beard said, almost at the end of the vid?
Something like "I have been a Stones fan for many years ... I preferred their older stuff, but they are still OK!!!"

Ah yeah he was an old Brian Jones boy...but Me & Super
Scruff lured him into a dark room...shaved off his Mutton
Chops...played him Rocks Off for a full day and then set him free....

We last spoke to him at the Sydney Bang 2006 concert...He said thanks to
us he never went back to his job in the foundary and was now working as
a gigolo performing his deeds daily mainly to Exile...Some Girls and Bigger Bang...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 7, 2007 01:42

great footage; great clip, ty; they sound great; too bad we don't get more of the music. hopefully there's a good australia boot of that show?? some good fidelity soundboard? in any case, thanks for the clip...gee you don't think keith was high there or anything do you?

Posted by: nikki bong ()
Date: September 7, 2007 02:13

the 1973 australian tour consists of some of the greatest rock performances of all time . . .

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 7, 2007 02:34

The whining sure started early, but we stopped updating the "best year slot" after 1973.

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: September 7, 2007 05:21

that was the best tour ever , i dont care if it was small , i have all the shows in bootleg and mt did the greatest work of the band!

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: September 7, 2007 05:27

Funny MLC see is on the comment section of Youtube as well bitchin about the sames things he does here...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 7, 2007 05:32

cant understand why the bootleggers havent matched up the audio to these great videos for a live dvd

Posted by: ozstoner ()
Date: September 7, 2007 16:32

the concert footage is from the 1st Stones gig i went to, Kooyong Tennis Courts Melbourne, Feb 73. Led Zep played the same venue almost exactly a year before, it was easy to break in without a ticket-not so with the Stones who had thuggy security guards everywhere. but a mate and I out ran them and got in. been a stones fanatic ever since. kooyong is in a pretty ritzy part of melbourne and the locals didn't take at all to the noise and general riff raff attracted by the stones, this was one of the last concerts at that venue

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: September 7, 2007 16:45

The 73 Austrailian tour was perhaps the greatest tour of all time. For me, it represents the best elements of both the 72 tour and the 73 tour, albeit that it was really an extension to the 72 tour with similar set lists etc.

The version of Midnight Rambler from Sydney is my all time favourite with some of Mick Taylors simplest and best blues guitar fills in the middle bit. This was sheer perfection.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home