Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick Jagger live on CNN with Larry King
Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 20, 2010 04:48

Sam Spade
I made my donation to the American Red Cross.

Me too

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-20 18:23 by schillid.

Posted by: NorthShoreBlues2 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:09

I thought the interview was garbarge.

Larry King is an old fool. Jagger was actually really good. He was articulate, commented many times on the goodness of the Haitian people, the culture, the music, it was good stuff.

Why didn't Larry bring up the fact that Jagger had organized a relief concert for another earthquake in 1973?

And why are are all those celebirties answering phones? Why? To get people to call? Seemed contrite, self serving, real cheesey, too.

Why not do a benefit at Madison Square Garden, carry it live on TV, and watch the money pour in?

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:23

chelskeith
I liked that song best of his album

yeah, I hadn't heard it before, and I thought it was pretty nice.

Date: January 20, 2010 07:25

NorthShoreBlues2
Why didn't Larry bring up the fact that Jagger had organized a relief concert for another earthquake in 1973?

because he doesn't know that. You don't think he got to be a TV star by actually knowing shit, do you?

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:58

I always like hearing what Mick has to say. He didn't directly Answer Larry's Question about why people should donate. He just told people where they could text. But that was a pretty dumb question though anyways. What does he mean WHY?? Has he been watching any of the coverage on his own network?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-20 07:59 by ryanpow.

Date: January 20, 2010 08:08

IMO Mick didn't look too good. Really starting to show age. I don't think they'll tour again.

Date: January 20, 2010 18:33

bump

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 20, 2010 18:50

I wasn't convinced at all by Jagger's speech .

He is usually so good in it .

I first thought it was due to the shift/lag of the footage .
But very quickly I had "mixed feelings" ,I think Jagger doesn't look concerned at all ,as he had learned a lesson and wasn't a good actor.

I would appreciate the non English natives ' opinion from this board

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 20, 2010 19:16

Y'all are a bunch of fruitcakes - wondering about tour dates not being announced when there are none yet alone HIS @#$%& HAIR?

Glad to see y'all are thinking straight on this one. It's fantastic.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 20, 2010 19:58

skipstone
Y'all are a bunch of fruitcakes - wondering about tour dates not being announced when there are none yet alone HIS @#$%& HAIR?

Glad to see y'all are thinking straight on this one. It's fantastic.
It's good to see you making well thought out articulate,non-hostile posts. Time to get back in the meds Skippy.yawning smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 20, 2010 20:09

SwayStones

But very quickly I had "mixed feelings" ,I think Jagger doesn't look concerned at all ,as he had learned a lesson and wasn't a good actor.

I watched it and thought he was not bad...depends on what one expected him
to say .He seemed to be informed about the situation and reacted in a manner one could think he did some preperation probably,
not that I mind,´cause it was for good reason and he was pretty aware to be convincing to support the cash flow...

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: January 20, 2010 20:20

All aside, what I really did not get was Larry King's intro about Mick...
Grammy award winner! Rock Legend by itself would have done it.

Anyway, Is very important to keep helping Haiti. If you have
the means, donate again.

Date: January 20, 2010 21:52

ChefGuevara

what do you expect? Superficial things like Grammy awards are important to people like King and Rose.

Date: January 20, 2010 22:39

ryanpow
I always like hearing what Mick has to say. He didn't directly Answer Larry's Question about why people should donate. He just told people where they could text. But that was a pretty dumb question though anyways. What does he mean WHY?? Has he been watching any of the coverage on his own network?

If I could expand on this...not only that but was LK not even listening to anything from the interview up until that point??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-20 22:40 by ryanpow.

Date: January 20, 2010 22:48

cc
ChefGuevara

what do you expect? Superficial things like Grammy awards are important to people like King and Rose.

as In Charlie Rose? I think his interviews are far from superficial.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 20, 2010 22:55

Mick did okay considering where ever he was at the time and
Larry leading the chat...And Skype!! ...Hell everyone looks rough on Skype ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: January 20, 2010 23:02

Glad to Mick helping out.

BTW, negative comments about Mick's hairline could stop the Stones from touring ever again. LOL!

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 23:46

SwayStones

me to. the way he speaks is very superimposed and artificial. i am german and to me if it wasn´t mick jagger i would think this guy is stupid or crazy, like a moron that everybody laughs at and only the person itself doesn´t recognise.

don´t like this interview at all.

how does he sound and appear to you native speaking people. does this sound normal to you?

Date: January 21, 2010 00:26

stoneswashed77

it's not really an interview, it's just an appearance to promote donations to relieve a catastrophe. To critique his performance is absurd.

who needs to be "convinced" to try to help Haiti? The point was simply to devote on-air time to the subject and encourage action.

Date: January 21, 2010 01:07

cc
it's just an appearance to promote donations to relieve a catastrophe. To critique his performance is absurd. who needs to be "convinced" to try to help Haiti? The point was simply to devote on-air time to the subject and encourage action.

Right.

And who cares how old he looks?

IMO Mick's appearance suggests that the Stones won't play at a benefit concert. But who knows?

Date: January 21, 2010 01:36

cc
stoneswashed77

it's not really an interview, it's just an appearance to promote donations to relieve a catastrophe. To critique his performance is absurd.

who needs to be "convinced" to try to help Haiti? The point was simply to devote on-air time to the subject and encourage action.

if you quote me, than read my post correctly, try to understand what it´s about and answer my question or just post without quoting me.

Date: January 21, 2010 01:53

stoneswashed77
cc
stoneswashed77

if you quote me, than read my post correctly, try to understand what it´s about and answer my question or just post without quoting me.

In my second paragraph, I wasn't quoting you, I was quoting SwayStone. My post was responding to you both. My response to you was in my first paragraph. I'm not interested in answering your question, because its premise--that someone donating their time and celebrity to help others should have the authenticity of their performance criticized--is stupid.

Date: January 21, 2010 02:06

you are fighting in a different war here. i don´t discuss the content or intentions of that interview at all. i am only talking about the way he speaks which sounds stupid to me.

Date: January 21, 2010 02:28

ok. Like I said, I'm not interested in discussing that.

Date: January 21, 2010 02:58

stoneswashed77

how does he sound and appear to you native speaking people. does this sound normal to you?

I interpret it diffently. He pauses a lot when he talks searching for the right word to say. To me it seems like he's one who considers his words before just yaKing away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-21 04:27 by ryanpow.

Posted by: BH ()
Date: January 21, 2010 03:06

Watched L.K. Wasn't the least surprised by Jaggers interview. Should I be??? The guy cares. Am I surprised??

Date: January 21, 2010 03:16

So obvious. The guy cares. Trying to be so serios. Even with Larry in his face! BH

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 21, 2010 03:33

Considering the nature of the questions from Larry King...for example, "How do you feel about what happened in Haiti?", I thought Mick did well. Yes, he spoke haltingly, searching for the right words.

(from a native speaker of English)

Date: January 21, 2010 03:49

Yea he did speak haltingly. What smart person does't when talking to L.K.???? He tried to keep it on subject with the guy quite well. L.K. even said you made us alot of money just now Mick-he ignored that.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: January 23, 2010 06:40

Mick's hair, his appearance, his manner, a possible tour...I think some folks are missing the point of Mick's good effort.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1938
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home