Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Tickets Sale in London
Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: August 19, 2007 02:40

Does anybody know how the tickets sales in London is going.
I've just searched for tickets and they are still awailable for all 3 shows.
Come on Britain 69.000 tickets for the Stones compered to the 129.000 tickets sold for 2 shows in dear old Denmark ;-)

Re: Tickets Sale in London
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:01

AND what?? Those people in dear old Denmark just lerve to tell people to SIT DOWN during a Stones show. Oh - and dancing/jumping about is a NO NO.

Posted by: nikki bong ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:02

Beast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AND what?? Those people in dear old Denmark just
> lerve to tell people to SIT DOWN during a Stones
> show. Oh - and dancing/jumping about is a NO NO.

i know that was the case in '03 - was it the same last week @ parken?

p.s. i love denmark

Date: August 19, 2007 03:06

nikki bong, the answer is: a resounding YES.

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:07

nikki bong Wrote:
> Beast Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > AND what?? Those people in dear old Denmark
> just
> > lerve to tell people to SIT DOWN during a
> Stones
> > show. Oh - and dancing/jumping about is a NO
> NO.
>

I've only ever been in the standing area (the GF was a bit pissed off in '95 as she was extremely pregnant *lol*) - and it would seem kind of foolish to ask people to sit down.....

..on the other hand...the guy in front of me had got the part about Mick doing his Kermit imitations right with the forward motions of the hands...unfortunately he also thought they had to go backwards so he hit my face a few times (about 10!)

I was about to make him lie down permanently when fortunately he moved a little forward ;-)
>
> i know that was the case in '03 - was it the same
> last week @ parken?
>
> p.s. i love denmark

Date: August 19, 2007 03:08

Beast Wrote:
> nikki bong, the answer is: a resounding YES.

Well as most of the tickets are seated, that would explain it, wouldn't it. But still come on London, you've got a lot to learn ;-)

Date: August 19, 2007 03:12

Yeah right. :-)

Date: August 19, 2007 03:13

nikki bong Wrote:

> i know that was the case in '03 - was it the same
> last week @ parken?
>
> p.s. i love denmark

Thanks a lot...and don't believe everything you hear :-)

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:33

Saw some great shows in Denmark. Audience somewhat sedate but wonderful.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 19, 2007 06:31

svendborg Wrote:
> Does anybody know how the tickets sales in London
> is going.
> I've just searched for tickets and they are still
> awailable for all 3 shows.
> Come on Britain 69.000 tickets for the Stones
> compered to the 129.000 tickets sold for 2 shows
> in dear old Denmark ;-)

well, if you MUST count last years Danish sales, then I think thats about 350,000 for the British shows in both years (half of that in london alone) plus 60,000 for todays show in Ireland.

Were the Danish tickets priced at about 150 quid (250 Euro) apiece as well?

The tickets that were put on sale sold out. All thats left are the extras they released a few days ago - you know, the same ones they couldnt find enough takers for to pay double or triple the asking price (300-400) for a hotseat or fan package?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 19, 2007 06:44

Gazza,you are amazing. Sending in the setlist from slane one minute,than in the same day posting numbers on ticket sales.........hats off to ya mate. That's more than a days work for some people.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: August 19, 2007 11:34

Gazza Wrote:

> well, if you MUST count last years Danish sales,
> then I think thats about 350,000 for the British
> shows in both years (half of that in london alone)
> plus 60,000 for todays show in Ireland.
>
> Were the Danish tickets priced at about 150 quid
> (250 Euro) apiece as well?
>
> The tickets that were put on sale sold out. All
> thats left are the extras they released a few days
> ago - you know, the same ones they couldnt find
> enough takers for to pay double or triple the
> asking price (300-400) for a hotseat or fan
> package?

Heh Heh, we could discuss this for ages, it really was some sort of joke. But on the other hand, even with your numbers the danish ticket sales are impressive, remember only 5,4 million people here and what? 60 millions in the UK.
Concerning tickets prices this year, I do believe they were from 60-150£. The ticket prices are really the point, last years concert in Horsens sold 84.500 tickets in hours and ´due to the increased ticket prices it took months to get 44.000 people into Parken in Copenhagen.
Never mind 69.000 tickets and not all sold out months ago in London, well that's not good...in their hometown and perhaps for the last time.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 19, 2007 11:50

Beast Wrote:
> nikki bong, the answer is: a resounding YES.

Not where I was standing, but the Danish audience is lame anyway.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 19, 2007 13:02

svendborg Wrote:
> Beast Wrote:
> -----
> > nikki bong, the answer is: a resounding YES.
>
> Well as most of the tickets are seated, that would
> explain it, wouldn't it. But still come on London,
> you've got a lot to learn ;-)

<<< Well as most of the tickets are seated, that would explain it, wouldn't it >>>

Actually no, it wouldn't explain a bloody thing. As the person that Beast is indirectly referring to ... yes I was the ONLY person in the whole of the front lower tier seating blocks on Keith's side in Parken standing up and dancing to Toots and the Maytals ... the entire bizarre Danish attitude towards standing/jumping about was summed up by the guy behind us. I'd say he was about mid fifties, with a daughter in her late teens. When Toots finished his set he tapped me on the shoulder and said "excuse me, could you do me a favour and make sure you stay seated during the Rolling Stones' performance, I haven't bought our tickets to enjoy a view of the back of your head ?"

My reponse was to say that I was sorry, but "no ... I couldn't in any way guarantee that I'd be sat down, because not only I, but EVERYONE else in our immediate area and more than likely the ENTIRE stadium would be on their feet." He then got quite nasty and essentially threatened this and that ... finishing up by saying that I would consider myself lucky if he wouldn't kill me. Anyway, as it happens my friends and I moved to other seats a few metres away. He seemed absolutely delighted. THEN, when the show started, and during Rough Justice we walked right past him down to the nearest bar, we noticed that ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE in his block was standing up, INCLUDING people that had taken up the seats that we were formerly sat in during the Toots' set - and more to the point, he HIMSELF and HIS DAUGHTER were standing too. We went to get our drinks, and as we walked past on our way back we simply could NOT resist stopping right in front of him and shouting at him telling HIM to sit down. He looked really really embarrassed, and as for his poor daughter ... she looked like she wanted to crawl under the chair and not be seen within 100 metres of her father. I can safely say that would have been THE LAST EVER concert - whether a Rolling Stones one or otherwise - that the girl EVER would attend with her total embarrassment of a father. And interestingly enough, between making a couple MORE runs to the bar and/or the toilet, EVERY time without fail that we walked past where they were sat ... (a) EVERYONE - including them - were STANDING, and (b) we didn't miss a single opportunity to stand in front of them and rub salt in the wound.

So please Svendborg, enlighten us. WHAT exactly is it that London has to learn ? Based on our interaction with one particular member of the Rolling Stones concet going public in Denmark, the lesson we've learnt is that corpses apparently do speak ... although what on earth a corpse should be doing in a Rolling Stones concert, heaven knows ???

As for ticket sales, yes indeed ... most impressive figures for Denmark, especially given the small population. Copenhagen was my 10th show of Europe 2007, and I can honestly say looking around Parken, it was difficult to spot unoccupied seats. That was probably the best attended/fullest venue of all those I'd been to to date. It was a pleasure to see. As for London ticket sales, I think Gazza has more than adequately responded to your concerns or observations ... as below:

<<< Well, if you MUST count last years Danish sales, then I think thats about 350,000 for the British shows in both years (half of that in london alone) plus 60,000 for todays show in Ireland.

Were the Danish tickets priced at about 150 quid (250 Euro) apiece as well?

The tickets that were put on sale sold out. All thats left are the extras they released a few days ago - you know, the same ones they couldnt find enough takers for to pay double or triple the asking price (300-400) for a hotseat or fan package? >>>

Posted by: jomo297 ()
Date: August 19, 2007 13:24

Love that story Paulywaul. And if anyone asks me to sit down in London, I'll say the same thing.

Date: August 19, 2007 13:25

paulywaul Wrote:
Based on our
> interaction with one particular member of the
> Rolling Stones concet going public in Denmark, the
> lesson we've learnt is that corpses apparently do
> speak ... although what on earth a corpse should
> be doing in a Rolling Stones concert, heaven knows
> ???

LOL. Great story mate :-)
Well, I saw people his age rock'n'rolling at the concert. You could propably witness people his age that didn't and some that did. On the other hand there also young people who has a much too quiet attitude at a concert.
But what on Earth were YOU doing going to the bar or the toilet during a Stones concert? It wasn't that boring ;-)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: August 19, 2007 14:31

svendborg Wrote:
> paulywaul Wrote:
> -----
> Based on our
> > interaction with one particular member of the
> > Rolling Stones concet going public in Denmark,
> the
> > lesson we've learnt is that corpses apparently
> do
> > speak ... although what on earth a corpse
> should
> > be doing in a Rolling Stones concert, heaven
> knows
> > ???
>
> LOL. Great story mate :-)
> Well, I saw people his age rock'n'rolling at the
> concert. You could propably witness people his age
> that didn't and some that did. On the other hand
> there also young people who has a much too quiet
> attitude at a concert.

Exactly, that was pretty much the case

> But what on Earth were YOU doing going to the bar
> or the toilet during a Stones concert? It wasn't
> that boring ;-)

It's those damm female friends of mine ... they lead me astray, forcing all that white wine down my throat !! They're true BEASTS !!

Anyway, we all LOVED Copenhagen, we just had the most perfect time in that city and the show itself was up there in our top few ... and between us we're lucky enough to have seen quite a lot of shows on this leg of the tour. We had an absolute blast.

And here's me ... all on my lonesome you'll notice ... the ONLY person in this part of the stadium leaping around to Toots !! Tsk tsk, naughty naughty !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-19 15:09 by paulywaul.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home