Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Attendance according to IORR
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: July 31, 2007 19:40

I was looking at the pictures from St Petersbourg, one of them shows the whole paying audience.
Later i saw the danish film from Werchter featuring 2 songs.
According BV :
Werchter 35 000
St Petersbourg 40 000
There's something wrong here, if St P. is right, then Werchter is almost 60 000.
It' pretty easy to compare the picture with the TV film.
Also Paris 50 000 is not enough and Budva 40 000 is underestimated.
For Budva all the newspapers claimed 40 000 sold tix 2-3 days before the show.
After the show the number varied from 45000 to 70000 according TV and/or press.
One week later a croatian magazine talked about 56 000 including 10 000 croatians.
If St P. is 40 000, Budva is above 50 000.
Personnaly, i would say 25000 - 30000 for the russian show not more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-13 13:04 by bv.

Re: attendance according BV
Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: July 31, 2007 21:00

Paris was not full. The whole top section except the cheap seats at the very back were covered off with tarp.

Posted by: 999 ()
Date: July 31, 2007 21:56

Werchter 2007 was for sure around 35.000 people. The Belgian press wrote 33.000 on the day following the concert.

Actually the organisator adapted the festival site configuration so that it seemed almost packed from the stage but it was +/- 50% smaller than the usual Werchter configuration.

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: July 31, 2007 22:09

I think Werchter was about 50'000

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: July 31, 2007 22:09

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-07-31 22:10 by monkeyman07.

Date: July 31, 2007 22:40

i don't know why it matters but I was at all of these shows, as was bv and the estimates seem quite right. russia seemed to be much more beyond the fence and in every balcony as far as th eye could see, includinf st isaacs church balconies etc. furthermore, local press always has wildly varying attendance numbers due to various factors including local promoters inflating their egos or deflating their take for various reasons. also, cameras with different lenses translate crowds differently, i can make a 5000 seat thater look like 50,000 with a rectilinear wide angle lens. so-i respectfully question your argument and recommend you attend, enjoy and not worry about how many folks we're present. cheers....me

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 1, 2007 00:10

You can certainly NOT make up crowd pictures by watching pictures. In STP people were sitting down in the front with chairs, then standing up of course with equal spacing from row one up front to the last row. Then in Werchter people were free to move around and they were packed up front and spread out furter back. For this part of the tour every single crowd figure for every single show have been checked by me personally plus correlated by press info and info from local people and also adjusted for possible under- or over-selling due to tax or other reasons. You may or you may not like the crowd figures but they are pretty accurate as far as I know, still knowing there is no official figures available, except for one, which you see listed in exact numbers.

Bjornulf

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: August 1, 2007 00:21

i would have thought it was easy to collect attendance information.

wouldnt ticket sales or turnstyles clicked be the way to do it.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: August 13, 2007 11:20

Budapest: 45.000 (min.) - 50.000 (max.)

Posted by: JK ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:06

In STP the seating was "wide" instead of usual "long".

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:10

Gothenburg. 56821 offical number. smiling smiley

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:57

It's tricky isnt it, on some clip on youtube maybe Werchter it looks like a small crowd, could it be that the Stones themseves "buy" tickets in the last minute? Im not saying they are just asking.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 13, 2007 13:03

Just for the record. My estimated numbers are real crowds. Not tickets sold (puchased). Some times it seems like there are more people than reporeted, other times fewer. Also, some times there might be tax reasons for reporting one number to the press (high number) and another number to the taxman and officially. And don't be confused by pictures and videos. You can NOT see if there is one or ten or twenty cm space beetween people.

Bjornulf

Re: Attendance according to IORR
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 13, 2007 21:15

If the official numbers are ever reported to Pollstar, I will report them here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home