Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Questions to the fans from Italy (urgency!)
Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: June 25, 2007 21:15

Ciao ragazzi ! (Liddas, Wild Sl. & Co...)

I would like to plan a "swift" travel Athens- Rome for the concert. For some reasons i can arrive at Rome in concert's day, not earlier, and unfortunately only in the afternoon. Three important questions:

- 1- What time does excactly the gig start?

- 2 - How many time needs someone to carry the distance between Fiumicino airport and Olympic Stadium by a taxi? Approximately, of course...

-3- Can i consider as sure that tickets will be on sale in front of the stadium or have to go to another city's point before i arrive at the stadium?

Gracie tanto ragazzi!

Re: Questions to the fans from Italy (urgency!)
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 25, 2007 21:20

Unfortunately I don't live in rome, so I can answer only to q no 1 and 2.

Show starts at any time from 9 onwards.

For sure you will find loads of tix on the spot.

Based on personal experience, if you are tight on time, forget the taxi: use the train

C

Date: June 25, 2007 21:55

Grazie per le informazioni, liddas! In quale stagione si trova Olympico?

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: June 25, 2007 21:55

I am not from Rome, but will be there. The hotel advised me to take public transport. Mostlikely with a cab you will be stuck in a traffic jam,
According to the ticket it says after 9:00 pm. We arrive only in the afternoon and it will be plenty of time.

Posted by: loochie ()
Date: June 25, 2007 23:52

hi !
i live in rome not far from Termini train station and will most likely take the bus from there...

i know from Fiumicino airport there is a frequent express train that goes to Termini and takes about a half hour.

Then from Termini, the "best" way to get to the stadio olimpico during the day(according to the rome bus site www.atac.roma.it) is:

Take the Metro A line toward "BATTISTINI" - get off at St. Peters (OTTAVIANO/S. PIETRO stop). Then go up and get the #32 bus or the #271 bus (for 9(?) stops) and get off at the "BOSELLI" stop - then walk 800 meters to the stadium.

If you prefer to go all by bus and get a little tour of rome smiling smiley just take the #40 express bus (instead of the metro) from Termini station to S. Peters, and then get the same other buses (32 or 271) for the rest of the way.

it'll be a friday though, lots of traffic - i guess this is the one advantage to a seated concert - no need to rush around like a crazy person to get a place!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 26, 2007 00:16

I will land in Rome Ciampino at 7pm. How are my chances to make it to the stadium and what kind of transportation would you advise for this case?

Thanks!

Stoneswolf

Date: June 26, 2007 01:03

hmmm, that's kind of late but i think you can do it ! plus in italy things tend to start late and then the opening act sounds okay to miss according to what people said on another thread...

someone told me that from ciampino airport there is a 14 euro shuttle bus to Termini station (takes about an hour) and then from Termini refer to above.

i would be worried about the traffic though at that hour ... it's a little inconvenient from ciampino but you might want to take the metro instead. if i remember correctly you just have to take a local bus from ciampino that drops you off at the beginning of the metro A line (ANAGNINA stop) - it's not very far at all. Then just take a longggg ride on the metro ... don't bother getting off at Termini, just keep on going and get off at S. Peter's ! (OTTAVIANO/S.PIETRO stop) Then take one of those 2 buses from above to the stadium.

It's funny because i do some tourist rental work on the side and I feel like I'm answering questions for work smiling smiley But actually I am more than happy to give free advice to STONES FANS so hey, ask away ! smiling smiley

Date: June 26, 2007 02:26

Grazie, loochie!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: June 26, 2007 16:50

loochie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hmmm, that's kind of late but i think you can do
> it ! plus in italy things tend to start late and
> then the opening act sounds okay to miss according
> to what people said on another thread...
>
> someone told me that from ciampino airport there
> is a 14 euro shuttle bus to Termini station (takes
> about an hour) and then from Termini refer to
> above.
>
> i would be worried about the traffic though at
> that hour ... it's a little inconvenient from
> ciampino but you might want to take the metro
> instead. if i remember correctly you just have to
> take a local bus from ciampino that drops you off
> at the beginning of the metro A line (ANAGNINA
> stop) - it's not very far at all. Then just take a
> longggg ride on the metro ... don't bother getting
> off at Termini, just keep on going and get off at
> S. Peter's ! (OTTAVIANO/S.PIETRO stop) Then take
> one of those 2 buses from above to the stadium.
>
> It's funny because i do some tourist rental work
> on the side and I feel like I'm answering
> questions for work smiling smiley But actually I am more than
> happy to give free advice to STONES FANS so hey,
> ask away ! smiling smiley

thanks a lot.

Would taking a taxi be a reasonable option or is Campino airport at a completely different direction than the stadoum and chances of traffic jams are to high?

How long do you assume would the bus to cCmpino + metroride take?

Thanks a lot1
Stoneswolf

Date: June 27, 2007 12:25

howdy again stoneswolf,

i guess you could take a taxi from ciampino (plus i read that they recently cracked down on the taxi drivers and by law they aren't supposed to charge you more than euro 30 to go to Termini - at least from Fiumicino, not sure about Ciampino...) - i just think the problem might be the friday evening traffic. if it were me and i were in a hurry, i would try to go as far as possible by rail and as little as possible by car or bus.
uhhh...just hope nobody decides to go on strike that day winking smiley well, probably not! but ahem, these bad surprises do happen here...if they have a bus/metro strike i guess i might be takin a taxi too or be walkin' to the stadium. in that case, maybe we should all walk there and hit all the bars on the way, could be fun, ha ha ! winking smiley

oh to answer your other question, i think the bus would probably take about an hour if you're lucky, and the metro to st. peter's maybe half that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-27 12:32 by loochie.

Posted by: gstone ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:33

Backstage at the shows, outside the CPI (Michael Cohl's office), there are always signs telling people when sunset is in that certain town on that very day. Does anyone have a clue if the Stones come on at sunset at every show? I've been to many of the shows, but never kept a record of this.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:38

no, they start before sunset sometimes
i reckon they prefer to wait until dark unless local/venue curfews require them to start earlier

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:52

I didn't consider the "strike" issue; generally in Italy public transport's strikes take place on friday, but so far I haven't heard of any scheduled strike for July 6th (you know, public transport's strikes SHOULD be scheduled and communicated with enough advance...);

Anyway, I remember that in Milan 2003 the show started before sunset, as well as in Milan 20006; The show in Paris ten days ago started way before sunset...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-27 14:06 by Wild Slivovitz.

Date: June 27, 2007 13:14

yeah that's true about the transport strikes - there's a website somewhere where you can check the strike schedule but i can't remember what it is ! i just said "surprise" because if you're a tourist or don't speak the language or don't read the paper every day, it can be pretty "surprising". plus sometimes they announce a strike and then they change their minds and don't have it - or maybe some buses go on strike and others don't so maybe you can luck out, etc etc. insomma, sometimes here you pretty much have to "wing it" winking smiley

about the sun setting schedule - it's half dark around 9PM these days.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 27, 2007 14:12

loochie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah that's true about the transport strikes -
> there's a website somewhere where you can check
> the strike schedule but i can't remember what it
> is !

Should be this one: [www.infrastrutturetrasporti.it]

Good to read that no public transport strike is scheduled on July 6th. There's a strike scheduled regarding airplane transport, but of course shouldn't anyhow affect the flights arriving from abroad (and it's just four hours anyway).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home