Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OK ... so who thinks Sunday 26th August 2007 at the O2 was their last ever Stones show ?
Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: January 6, 2010 10:14

ROLLINGSTONE
If I can quote the great Kenny Dalglish: Mibees Ayes, Mibees Naws.

It's a canny Scots thing but covers all eventualities.

>grinning smiley<

King Kenny was a great fitba' player. Scotland need more his kinda class to enter big events. But that was OT. Now, back in business. Wish Keef and Ronnie put themselves back in condition and start making smaller venue tours without back-up vocalists. That's the thing I'd like to see (and of course a tour with MT&BW would be an icing on the cake)...

Re: OK ... so who thinks Sunday 26th August 2007 at the O2 was their last ever Stones show ?
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: January 6, 2010 10:34

.... I was watching Oprah last week and she got the rapper Jay-Z to get her to rap a bit, a few lines or something....
So, you know, the fat lady has sung...... ("not over till the fat lady sings" for those lads that don't GETZ DA SLANG)....

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 6, 2010 12:29

HelterSkelter
.... I was watching Oprah last week and she got the rapper Jay-Z to get her to rap a bit, a few lines or something....
So, you know, the fat lady has sung...... ("not over till the fat lady sings" for those lads that don't GETZ DA SLANG)....

I couldn't believe Jay Z is reaching 40 ,he looks so young !
Anyhow,I always have fun watching these broadcasts .That's why I like most of the American people ,they don't take themselves seriously compared to "us ".winking smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 6, 2010 13:06

If it was the last show then these are the last few seconds of them on stage ever. But I don't believe it will be. Photo by SD.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 6, 2010 13:10

Silver Dagger
If it was the last show then these are the last few seconds of them on stage ever. But I don't believe it will be. Photo by SD.

Ahhh ,****!
Now you almost bring tears in my eyes ...sad smiley
See how touching and "beautiful" they are !

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: January 6, 2010 13:14

Hello,

I went to the Tuesday and Thursday shows (with Tuesday edgeing it slightly...only slightly mind) and did write at the time that if they were the last Stones shows that I saw then I couldn't have asked for much more:I enjoyed those gigs enormously,warts and all.

Mind you,it helped having a decent pre-gig boozer to meet-up at too!

Cheers,

Si.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 6, 2010 13:18

Great photos, thanks Si

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: January 6, 2010 13:43

As they have decided against a tour this year, I have to admit, I really do feel we have reached the end of The Rolling Stones as a touring act. Age and health are against them and by the time 2012 comes around, who knows? Would Mick's voice still hold up? Keith's arthritis will only worse - and Ronnie? Will he still be alive, by then?

I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the shows I have been privileged enough to attend. To witness my heroes in action has been such an unimaginative thrill. I would also like to add that I have enjoyed the company of many fine posters on these here boards and I am going to miss those pre-concert gatherings tremendously.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 6, 2010 13:51

Big Al
As they have decided against a tour this year, I have to admit, I really do feel we have reached the end of The Rolling Stones as a touring act. Age and health are against them and by the time 2012 comes around, who knows? Would Mick's voice still hold up? Keith's arthritis will only worse - and Ronnie? Will he still be alive, by then?

I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the shows I have been privileged enough to attend. To witness my heroes in action has been such an unimaginative thrill. I would also like to add that I have enjoyed the company of many fine posters on these here boards and I am going to miss those pre-concert gatherings tremendously.
Don't do that Al. Don't say goodbye yet. If you lose faith that they'll be back, they might never. Somebody once said "Lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind". Don't do it man. They WILL be back.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: January 6, 2010 13:54

No way.They will do shows for their 50 anniversary.Probably a residency at O2 Arena.Its a long way from been over.

Date: January 6, 2010 19:20

I knew when I walked out of the 02 that night that it was my last Stones show.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:25

Sir Craven of Cottage
I knew when I walked out of the 02 that night that it was my last Stones show.

I agree completely with that feeling.
I doubt the Stones have any idea what they'll be doing in a year or two.

sc uk

Date: January 6, 2010 19:31

It was the first time I've walked away from a Stones show not needing another one.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:39

haha! its pretty funny
As soon as a rumour starts, everyone really hopes it to be true, even so much that they "know" its true.

They WILL go touring again. If they dont have any new ideas of a concept for anything new, they dont come out with any official news. We just got to wait untill they have finnished everything and just be patient.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 6, 2010 19:40

stargroover
No way.They will do shows for their 50 anniversary.Probably a residency at O2 Arena.Its a long way from been over.

They'll need to do a serious price restructuring if theyre going to manage a residency anywhere. They did 3 shows at the 02 last time and it was an easy ticket.

By contrast, Prince - who has a fraction of the Stones drawing power - managed to sell pretty close to all of his tickets for 21 nights.

The Stones wont be capable of doing multi-night runs anywhere - even MSG - unless they lower their prices. If they play multiple nights in one city now, they have to stagger the shows several months apart as they did on the last tour.

Residencies are the way to go though in the long-term I think. They need to get it right though.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:10

At the time I thought that the Stones concert at the O2 might be the Stones' last concert. Just like when the Beatles played on the roof in London, no one knew at the time that it would be their last show together.

The Last Time
(Rolling Stones Rooftop Concert)

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:29

I had the same "final" feeling after the Sunday show. To me, the Thursday show actually blew the 2 other shows away but there were some sentimental moments on the Sunday with so many family members there, Bill Wyman there, and the kids and grand kids doing back-up vocals. I think they were making it thefinal bow even if they may have not have known for sure.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:33

I'm pretty sure that we'll see and hear more from Mick in the future....for ego reasons.
Concerning the band, it appears to me that O2 was their last show ever. It's pretty clear to see that Keith and Ronnie can't do any shows in their entirely.

Mick said once during their last shows, that they wouldn't announce their 'last tour' - so it's simply over when it's over.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: January 6, 2010 20:57

I was at the first two shows. IMO the 02 shows were it. The last.
No great deal. But I hope it wasn´t.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 6, 2010 21:14

I hope that the last O2 show wont be the last one ever, but when i was there the last night, i was thinking that it might be so. I´m very happy that i was there then and had great tickets on the floor (12th row).

Date: January 6, 2010 21:16

I hope the 02 shows were the last. I saw the first and third shows. They can't have improved since and they should leave it there.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 6, 2010 21:21

His pathetic behavior and unwillingness to correct it merely cements my opinion. I realize a lot of folks here will be unhappy with my comments - so be it.
are we talking about his guitar skills or something else .imho who are we to judge him on his personal life ?

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 6, 2010 21:28

I´m born 30 years to late, i´m 29 and i have seen 12 shows, i don´t know what to do when they are gone? I wish i could have been there in the 70s and 80s and it´s unbelivable when a lot of people here a talking about shows they have been to such as MSG 72, Hampton 81, Atlantic City 89 and so on, shows that are so great! For me it seems unreal that many people here was attending these famous shows. You guys can be very lucky! But maybe i´m the one who is lucky in 30 years time, when i can say that i was attending the last three shows they ever did, if that´s how it´s going to be?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-06 21:30 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 6, 2010 21:39

georgeV
I had the same "final" feeling after the Sunday show. To me, the Thursday show actually blew the 2 other shows away but there were some sentimental moments on the Sunday with so many family members there, Bill Wyman there, and the kids and grand kids doing back-up vocals. I think they were making it thefinal bow even if they may have not have known for sure.

Yes I agree. Of the three O2 shows, I think most people that saw all three, as indeed I did, would agree that the second one on the Thursday was truly outstanding. It stood out as the best of the three.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: January 6, 2010 21:47

I was there as well!

I still have hope.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 6, 2010 21:50

NO.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 6, 2010 22:41

If it´s so - I have seen their last three shows ever, together with two
great friends. The second one was the best, one of my best ever (out of 47).

The thing really is...what am I gonna do without them? Hard to imagine a world
without them making music/touring.

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: January 6, 2010 22:46

TooTough

The thing really is...what am I gonna do without them? Hard to imagine a world
without them making music/touring.

Same here!!, But I wont stop hoping!, If chuck berry can make it to 84 this year, It bet my balls that stones could make it to at least 70 if they tried and want to wich I hope. It would fit perfectly to to one last tour and let all fans enjoy them one last time!!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 6, 2010 22:47

I thought the 2nd was the best too. The last had so much expectation that they would dip into the archives and play sme real rarities but it was a pretty average set list.

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: January 7, 2010 00:54

i was at the last concert at the 02 in 2007.

felt the body language between the band suggested they had come to an end, hope im wrong and anyway if they knew that was the last gig surely they would have told us by now.

if it turns out that it was the end then what a way to go, the concert was great and it was a joy to hear a couple of songs i thought i would never hear live "she was hot" and "cant you hear me knocking".

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home