Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
Daily Mail - NO Stones tour for 2010- official stones statement
Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:09

Bad News if this is to be believed, Maybe no Glasto either, below is the daily mail article

The Rolling Stones tonight announced they had no plans to tour this year.
The superstars took the extremely rare step of issuing an official statement after intense speculation in the music business they were planning another global jaunt, which had been pencilled in to be announced in April.
The statement read: ‘Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear, there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010.’
The Rolling Stones (from left to right Ronnie Wood, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts) will not be touring this year, seen here in July 2007

The decision will be seen as a blow to troubled Ronnie Wood, who is notoriously poor at looking after his money.
Indeed, following his divorce from ex-wife Jo - which will see him selling both their former marital home in Richmond, Surrey and their estate in Ireland as part of her £6.5 million pay-out - a money-spinning tour would have been the ideal way for Mr Wood to replenish his funds.

The last Stones tour, A Bigger Bang, netted more than £300 million.
'Ronnie's always been terrible at holding onto cash - so the Stones' tours are invaluable. And at the moment he's got the cost of the divorce as well ' a source insisted.
Ronnie, who is famously careless with his money, with ex Ekaterina Ivanova back in November in happier times

Rumours had been rife for months that the legendary rock group were planning a series of huge concerts across the globe.
It had also been suggested that frontman Mick Jagger was preparing to replace guitarist Mr Wood, 62, following his recent troubles - unless he went into rehab to seek help for his drinking.
He received a formal police caution for common assault after attacking erstwhile partner Ekatarina Ivanova in a road close to his home in Claygate, Surrey at the beginning of December.
Divorce deal: Ex-wife Jo Wood

Since then, Ms Ivanova has been interviewed talking of the attack and Mr Wood’s alcohol and drugs problems. In total, she is believed to have received more than £100,000 for the series of interviews.
She is also one of the contestants on this year’s Celebrity Big Brother series, which began on Sunday on Channel 4, and for which her fee is £75,000.
But despite the humiliation Ms Ivanova’s growing public presence is causing Mr Wood and the band, sources last night indicated there was some good news for Mr Wood because there are no plans for them to sack him.
A source revealed: ‘There haven't been any serious discussions between Ronnie and Mick during the Christmas holiday. They wished each other Merry Christmas and that was about it. There was certainly no ultimatum for Ronnie.'
However, the band’s statement yesterday evening is at odds with comments Mr Wood gave to reporters at the beginning of November.
When asked then if the band were planning to tour this year, he said: ‘Let’s hope so, yeah...I’m ready to rock.’
The A Bigger Bang tour, went on for almost two years before ending in August 2007.
Mr Wood joined the Rolling Stones in 1976 after the departure of Mick Taylor.

A lonely 2010

Re: Daily Mail - NO Stones tour for 2010- official stones statement
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:12

well, there are no plans at the moment...they are probably just trying to stop the rampant media now.

Date: January 5, 2010 00:13

Or buying ronnie a bit of time.......

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:15

Well, that's at least news (if true)

Posted by: Doxa ()

Quite a surprise!

If this new turn - or: one could say, the first real turn - it is intersting what has happened behind the curtains. Is the tour 'cancelled' due to Ronnie (or someone else/some other reason) or was there a tour at all planned in thd first place?

- Doxa

Posted by: Whale ()

Link to the daily mail article?

Date: January 5, 2010 00:16

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:19

[www.iorr.org]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:21

Quite unprecedented for them to actually make a statement that they WONT be touring. Not hard to see what prompted it, unfortunately.

"At the moment" suggests plans are still subject to change.

I guess recent events have totally scuppered what must have already been a tight schedule.

Cheers, Ronnie.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:22

......well I hope they rest up...write some good tunes and re group for 2011.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:23

It is not clear yet if this statement comes from the Stones, but if there are no plans in january, then I doubt that there will be a tour this year, and if they do not tour this year, I doubt that there will be future concerts.Maybe it is not dark yet, but it is getting there. - Anyway, whatever will happen, the Stones' mission is accomplihed, the Stones are the greatest blues and r'n'r band ever. Yet there many wonderful other genres out of which one can gain joy (even more joy than out of r'n'r), but the Stones are Rock'n'Roll!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 00:24 by windmelody.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:27

Gazza
I guess recent events have totally scuppered what must have already been a tight schedule.

Must´ve been a non-stop recent event since August ´07....

Can´t believe everyone at their camp closed their eyes concerning what´s
happening with Ronnie since then.

If it´s true what article implies and it´s true to blame it on Ronnie,
that´s not been handled professionally.......

windmelody
It is not clear yet if this statement comes from the Stones,

The superstars took the extremely rare step of issuing an official statement after intense speculation in the music business they were planning another global jaunt, which had been pencilled in to be announced in April.
The statement read: ‘Following recent UK media speculation, The Rolling Stones would like to make it clear, there are no plans at the moment for the band to tour in 2010.’

It's not clear???

Gazza
Quite unprecedented for them to actually make a statement that they WONT be touring. Not hard to see what prompted it, unfortunately.

Cheers, Ronnie.

Seemingly they are not so desperate to tour like they were in 1969 - or perhaps they tolarate the weak links better nowadays than then... (hmm.. I was already setting my mind ready for EC to walk in...)

- Doxa

Date: January 5, 2010 00:30

shortfatfanny
Gazza

Must´ve been a non-stop recent event since August ´07....

Can´t believe everyone at their camp closed their eyes concerning what´s
happening with Ronnie since then.

If it´s true what article implies and it´s true to blame it on Ronnie,
that´s not been handled professionally.......

June '08 specifically, I suppose.

I don't know. I think it certainly helps to end any rumours and let everyone get on with the rest of their year.

Certainly a lot more 'professional' than the total silence from the Stones camp post-Fiji and up until a week before their '06 Euro tour was scheduled to start whilst at the same time their website was continuing to sell concert tickets for shows which local promoters were already admitting were not going to take place.

At least this gives them ample time to prepare a new record and tour properly.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:33

Gazza

Cheers, Ronnie.

<<< Cheers, Ronnie. >>>

Quite !!

Posted by: windmelody ()

Gazza
windmelody

It's not clear???

Since I do not live in Britain I ask you how clear the Daily Mail can see.

Well, maybe not only Ronnie is to blame. Tonight, Shine a light was on television and I heard the solo of Keith on Sympathy for the devil. thumbs down

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:40

Probably a stupid question, but why would this be given to the Daily Mail rather than an international newswire or even RS.com?

Date: January 5, 2010 00:42

I don't think that Ronnie can be to blame. If the Stones really had in my mind to tour, there is just no way that Ron Wood's little escapades would have mattered to that monster juggernaut.

Date: January 5, 2010 00:42

I don't think Ben at the daily mail was 'given' it, a leak, some digging, ruthless journalism,seems far too bold a story for them to run if it wasnt based on a very good source

Date: January 5, 2010 00:43

RS.com is probably the worst place to get news.

I agree with Gazza "Certainly a lot more 'professional' than the total silence from the Stones camp post-Fiji and up until a week before their '06 Euro tour was scheduled to start whilst at the same time their website was continuing to sell concert tickets for shows which local promoters were already admitting were not going to take place."

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:44

Gazza
I think it certainly helps to end any rumours and let everyone get on with the rest of their year.
At least this gives them ample time to prepare a new record and tour properly.

Yep ! Let´s hope the best...

Date: January 5, 2010 00:46

Edith Grove
Probably a stupid question, but why would this be given to the Daily Mail rather than an international newswire or even RS.com?

Since when have rs.com ever been first with news?

The statements get issued by either Fran Curtis or Bernard Doherty, the band's PA people. Thats their job - to liaise with the press.

It wont be on rs.con unless theres a t-shirt to commemorate it.

Date: January 5, 2010 00:48

DeliveranceStraightwayHoliness
I don't think that Ronnie can be to blame. If the Stones really had in my mind to tour, there is just no way that Ron Wood's little escapades would have mattered to that monster juggernaut.

The Stones WERE planning a tour.

You seriously think Ronnie's antics haven't created some problems?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:49

well it must be that they really dont want to go out without ronnie and are going to give him every chance to get himself right instead of just dumping him

Date: January 5, 2010 00:51

windmelody
Gazza
windmelody

It's not clear???

Since I do not live in Britain I ask you how clear the Daily Mail can see.

..because the wording of that statement makes it clear that this is an officially authorised press release, not speculative gossip by some anonymous 'source'.

The Daily Mail aren't speculating in this case. PA people DO issue statements. As they did when they released one three months ago to the press denying reports that Charlie had left the band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-05 00:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: January 5, 2010 00:53

@GAZZA

...Certainly a lot more 'professional' than the total silence from the Stones camp

I never get that silence, I could get it if there's a main reason, but when all the Band is ready , what the f#@# did they wait to make an announcement, speculation ?

At least this gives them ample time to prepare a new record and tour properly...

AGREED 100 %thumbs up

HMN

Date: January 5, 2010 00:54

I like the idea that they don't want to tour without Ronnie and at the same time it makes him an arsehole towards his peers.

Date: January 5, 2010 00:56

Gazza

It wont be on rs.con unless theres a t-shirt to commemorate it.

Most likely they start selling Rolling Stones American Tour 2010 T-shirts in April there...

- Doxa

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1875
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home