Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT - tired of U2 hypocrisy? ME2
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 24, 2009 01:24

Silver and Gold ... that's the only thingo anywhere
near u..u..u..U2 that's been allowed in The Bunker...Oh and Joy once..

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 24, 2009 01:34

"Do-gooder Robin Hoods" is a bit of an exaggeration, don't you think? U2 does not present themselves as anything, but they do try to raise awareness about human rights and yes, environmental concerns. They are a hugely successful rock and roll band that uses their success to raise awareness, but like other bands, they are wealthy and often buy expensive things. They don't say "We're poor just like you." They say, directly to their audiences, "You've made us very wealthy." Then they rock out to an extremely enthusiastic multi-generational audience. I think the Edge's future (?) home sounds excessive, but he's trying to do it in a way that is somewhat responsible, (or less irresponsible) so that others like him will do the same and reduce environmental impact in the future. If I lived there, I wouldn't want a local natural spot impacted by some rich guy's home, but I've seen much worse happen to places here in Maine, places I consider quite sacred. If it's gonna happen, let it happen in So. Cal, and let it not be the disaster it would be if someone less nature-conscious had their way with it.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 24, 2009 02:08

To ease your pain,hbwriter...

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 24, 2009 02:53

jjflash73
Lost me after the Joshua Tree which was excellent.

yeah and the stones havent done an album worth a hoot since 81, and the point is?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: December 24, 2009 04:21

Tate--that's a very reasonable and reasoned point of view - much appreciated - i guess my point about robin hoods though is how they present themselves as "regular guys made good" - yet on "The Edge's" real estate web site, which is really obnoxious, he TOTALLY TRASHES the neighbor who lives nearby - it's a power play to crush the guy; an elitist bulldozer move - that's what i find most hypocritical - it's the sort of under the bus stuff happening now in DC with this White House - anything gets in your way - don't reason with it - destroy it - it's offensive to me

short - thank!1 smiling smiley

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: December 24, 2009 04:36

shortfatfanny
To ease your pain,hbwriter...

love that tune. we cover it with my band! great song, great band (the wipers i mean ;-)

Posted by: Rochdale3 ()
Date: December 24, 2009 05:08

The Wipers! I saw Greg Sage once in Portland in the mid 80's

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home