Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Met Bernard tonight
Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: March 8, 2007 01:29

Just back from the concert with Bernard and his band in Hanover. What a night for me! The band was excellent,they played for a "crowd" of approximately 80 (!) people, but they seemed to have fun nevertheless. Between two songs he said: "There are some familiar faces in the audience tonight - like YOU!" And then he pointed directly at me. And he added: "I have seen you many, many times" and I responded "I guess I have also seen you before" which made him smile. That was so cool of him. After the show he came straight towards me, shook my hand, gave me a big hug and we talked for quite a while. Of course I tried to find out about the summer tour and I told him about the many rumours about the forthcoming tour and that we were all waiting for the tour announcement to come. And he responded: "Me, too." He said something like the fans seem to know more details about the tour than the musicians and the only thing he knew for sure that they were going to meet for rehearsals in May. But he had no idea where they are supposed to take place and where the tour is going to kick off. Anyway, it was a very special night for me, both musically and having the chance to talk to Bernard, who is such a nice guy - as some of you probably know. Wanted to share this with you before I'll go to bed and dream of the tour announcements. Good night.

Re: Met Bernard tonight
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: March 8, 2007 01:39

He's really a nice guy, great you enjoyed the show smiling smiley
Rehearsals in may confirms what they say on Shidoobee - hopefully some new songs will be played during the tour!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: March 8, 2007 01:49

i love bernard...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 8, 2007 03:38

I think it is a cool story.

Don't hate (American slang for being jealous).

Let's name him St. Bernard!

Posted by: TE ()
Date: March 8, 2007 04:54

Great story rrronnie.
Thanks for sharing.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 8, 2007 09:36

Bernard is a great guy, and also a true gentleman. Also he is a great performer, singer, musician. If you don't have anything nice to say about him then show some manners by NOT posting offensive about a person who means much to other people. Thank you.

Bjornulf

Posted by: glen759 ()
Date: March 8, 2007 09:54

He really is a cool, great natured, wonderful person.

Total respect for someone to take time to meet and talk to fans.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: March 8, 2007 11:31

rrronnie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
"Me, too." He said
> something like the fans seem to know more details
> about the tour than the musicians and the only
> thing he knew for sure that they were going to
> meet for rehearsals in May. But he had no idea
> where they are supposed to take place and where
> the tour is going to kick off. [...]

That sounds not that bad!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 8, 2007 11:42

bv Wrote:
> Bernard is a great guy, and also a true gentleman.
> Also he is a great performer, singer, musician. If
> you don't have anything nice to say about him then
> show some manners by NOT posting offensive about a
> person who means much to other people. Thank you.

Hear, hear.

Nice story, rronnie. Thanks for sharing it

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 8, 2007 14:59

Bernard does seem to be really nice and genuine. And his CD is fantastic!!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 8, 2007 22:11

VoodooLounge13 Wrote:
> Bernard does seem to be really nice and genuine.
> And his CD is fantastic!!

It's a great album indeed. I particularly like the track called "You Know What I Mean".

Date: March 8, 2007 23:28

That's my favourite track, too. But the whole album is really great and worth buying.

Date: March 8, 2007 23:39

I wish he'd sell it after the concerts - I don't wanna go through all the hassle ordering it via paypal. Or is that plain easy anyway?

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: March 8, 2007 23:40

I talked to him once - in Prague on July 26th (*g*) after he left the club where Mick had his 60th Birthday anniversary party. He was just gentle, smart and extremely nice. He's such a good bloke far away from star behaviour, and a brilliant singer!

Date: March 9, 2007 00:32

Korenz: wish he'd sell it after the concerts - I don't wanna go through all the hassle ordering it via paypal. Or is that plain easy anyway?

He did sell and sign it after the concert in Hanover.

Date: March 9, 2007 00:34

rrronnie Wrote:
> Korenz: wish he'd sell it after the concerts - I
> don't wanna go through all the hassle ordering it
> via paypal. Or is that plain easy anyway?
>
> He did sell and sign it after the concert in
> Hanover.

Interesting... I'll get one at the concert in Budapest next week then smiling smiley

Posted by: mcparty ()
Date: March 9, 2007 23:37

I meet him in '97 - very, very nice and personable. I had him sign a copy of "Warm & Tender" which was a gift for my Mom. So he wrote a personal Birthday greeting for my Mom!

Posted by: JaggerFan ()
Date: March 9, 2007 23:54

He seems nice in interviews.

Posted by: JustinCaseBandDK ()
Date: March 10, 2007 08:46

rrronnie Wrote:
> Of course I tried to find out
> about the summer tour and I told him about the
> many rumours about the forthcoming tour

..But you didn´t ask for Lisa´s phone-number??? :-)

Big T

Date: March 11, 2007 05:04

Yesterday in Dresden:

[www.bilder-hochladen.net]

[www.bilder-hochladen.net]

www.rollingstonesarchive.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-11 05:04 by child-of-the-moon.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 11, 2007 05:23

OK, Shanghai, my sister and I have spent the night at the bar at the top of the hotel drinking with the Ronnie Wood entourage and family when I remember at the end of the night our tickets for the show are supposed to be down stairs. We wonder down to the lobby and as we cross Bernard walks in the door. He goes to the front desk, gives the fake name he is supposed to and tells the tiny Chinese girl behind the counter he has lost his key.

She does her job And demands a passport to match the name he has just given. Bernard tries his best to explain without saying too much that he does not have his passport with him and even if he did it would not match the name he is using.She is holding fast against the tall black man she does not know and unwavering in her refusal to give him a key. Now it may have only lasted a minute or two more, but at that point I tossed my passport up on the counter and jokingly said that I knew the man and would vouch for him. The lady said ok and handed him a key!

OMG the three of us laughted together all the way across the lobby.Bernard was totally cool and hugged my sister and we talked fior a while riding up in the elavator together. Now while that is all interesting, what makes it for me is that the following summer in Vienna, Bernard perfromed with Tim Reis' group at a little jazz club and not only did he make time to talk to fans again, but he remembered me and the event in Shanghai!In a very small way, he ,made me feel special.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 11, 2007 13:06

Way cool story Kahoosier. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: March 13, 2007 20:13

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
> Way cool story Kahoosier. smiling smiley

Hey rrronnie,congtat's on the Bernard thing. Iwish i was there with you,we would of had a ball. Just from the stories we told each other in person,i think that one in Denmark on the Lick's tour that was cool,when you lost your car and everything else that procede that night. I just got an e-mail from Uwe and he can't wait for the tour announcement too. He want's too know haw many show's i'm going to make,hopefully alot. I've been away for a week so i'm going to see who i can talk to regarding the tour but it looks like it's going to happen for sure it's just a matter of time i hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-13 20:15 by stonesfrk.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1467
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home