Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Youtube: SFTD 1975....
Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: March 12, 2007 09:57

Re: Youtube: SFTD 1975....
Posted by: dj ()
Date: March 12, 2007 14:58

Wow. That smokes. Wish there were more footage of KR.

Date: March 12, 2007 21:38

Yes, KR was the absolute coolness 1975. Noone has been that cool. Ever. Noone.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: March 12, 2007 22:20

This Sympathy is excellent, but the next one of Wild Horses I like even better! I've never heard a version of WH from that tour (unless it's on one of the crappy-sounding boots I have from '75)... I love Ronnie's guitar on it... I think the vid was just labelled 'Rolling Stones' on YouTube, but it was the next one listed in the list to the right.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: March 12, 2007 23:06

Pales in comparison to the 1969 versions!!!

But I guess that's a matter of opinion...

MLC

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 12, 2007 23:42

Thanks LA for the tip off...over the friggin' top...Stones..
...dancers..The Petal and madness....75 should be called The Roman Orgy Tour...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 13, 2007 00:02

a real find for sure! is that from the show of your namesake LA FORUM?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-13 00:03 by ryanpow.

Posted by: HoldOnToYourHat ()
Date: March 13, 2007 00:11

its from 11 July 1975 and yes its @ LA Forum in Inglewood. I have a DVD of it; a really fun show, with highlights IMO being Wild Horses, Fingerprint File, and Sympathy among others.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 13, 2007 00:14

Terrfic Sympathy for The Devil there,
not only the version audiovise, but the whole wild atmosphere on stage
hey that's a cool name for the tour Rockman!

Date: March 13, 2007 00:17

Yeah, but Wild Horses is from 1976, the one on youtube you might be thinking of! There are better versions of the song from that tour. And yes, my name is from that show.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: March 13, 2007 00:56

Wow! That is incredible! Roman orgy indeed. LOL Jagger leading the conga line. The entire band, including Billy and Ollie is on fire. Bill Wyman carries them all. I am always mysefied why Jagger lost all that natural ease that he carried himself with. He actually moves a whole lot more now, but it is frantic, almost desperate, and rehearsed. Back then his dancing was tops, but what was even better was his not-dancing. He was supercool; as cool as Keith. And Ronnie played some mean guitar.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: March 13, 2007 00:58

They were so wiped out on overindulging on everything. They had lost their simplicity and vision by 1975. That said I would have given alot to have seen one of those LA shows.

Date: March 13, 2007 01:02

Wiped out or not, it really doesn't matter becasue they were just so f*cking good. At that point they were still easily able to keep both ends burning. Top of the game.

Posted by: Landover 81 ()
Date: March 13, 2007 03:47

Chelsea, I think some of that dancing and moving stuff is a product of the wireless microphones. Even the guitarists are different on stage. Before you had that mike or amp cord everywhere you went. Kept the band closer and tighter. Now they can go all over regardless. Maybe not a good thing for modern Mick,; he has too much freedom and feels pressure to use it. I do agree with you on that.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 13, 2007 03:56

I think it's much more practised and routine these days, from what I've seen of footage (didn't catch 'em back then myself...didn't catch anything actually) things changed more from show to show in the 70s, maybe because Mick were influenced by different doses of whatever each night.
The SHeffield show I saw last summer...I got the feeling Mick was much more "loose" than the other 3 shows I saw, quite strange, he did some of those "Let's Spend The Night Together-81"-moves.

Date: March 13, 2007 04:20

This is very true about the cordless situation Landover. Jagger been using the cordless mike since 75/76. But back then he used them by choice. He had one of each. So he only picked up the cordless when he knew that there was going to be travel involved.
But it's the cordless guitars that bothered me more at first. Because now you had Ronnie constantly jogging out on the wing just because he could. So you're right. The type of stage moves completely chnaged. I alwasy loved the band kind of tied to the amps. Not tied, but mindful.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 13, 2007 06:11

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow! That is incredible! Roman orgy indeed. LOL
> Jagger leading the conga line. The entire band,
> including Billy and Ollie is on fire. Bill Wyman
> carries them all. I am always mysefied why Jagger
> lost all that natural ease that he carried himself
> with. He actually moves a whole lot more now, but
> it is frantic, almost desperate, and rehearsed.
> Back then his dancing was tops, but what was even
> better was his not-dancing. He was supercool; as
> cool as Keith. And Ronnie played some mean guitar.

I agree. I think one of the secrets to being a good front man is being able to hold the stage by just standing there, doing nothing or maybe just walking a little bit and making that look cool. It shows that you trust that the audience will still be there with you and it helps you connect with them.

Of course singing is important too!

Date: March 13, 2007 12:43

Roman orgy indeed, the last one. They were all cool and one of the last times Mick owned the stage without too many reharesed moves. Very loose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home