Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Track Talk: Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 21, 2009 22:11

There was no 81 tour, Tod....was there?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 21, 2009 22:12

Erik_Snow

oh, right - i was confusing that with the 74 tour....dammit.....

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 21, 2009 22:14

T&A
Erik_Snow

...ahh, 1974.....Brian Jones last tour before he went and joined the Faces -those were the days

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: December 21, 2009 22:16

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 21, 2009 22:18

Erik_Snow
T&A
Erik_Snow

...ahh, 1974.....Brian Jones last tour before he went and joined the Faces -those were the days

high times, my friend....very high times.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 22, 2009 00:28

They did a really strange version of it on the Dirty Work tour. I don't know what they were thinking.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: September 19, 2010 20:52

I've always had mixed feelings about this particular ditty. It's kind of different-sounding, and reasonably catchy, but it doesn't quite fit on GHS ... not ethereal enough, I suppose. The lyrics are a gritty slice of city life, in sharp contrast to the gentle pastoral imagery of, say, 100 Years Ago.

It's not a bad track, just not one of their best, either.

Drew

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: September 20, 2010 00:07

Mick Taylor's lead and solo are classic.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 18:31

I had never heard the Brussels affair version.... it’s brilliant..
Incidentally have made a playlist of ladies and gentlemen and Brussels affair side by side. It’s all good stuff but ladies and gentlemen is very muffled sounding compared to Brussels...

Posted by: cimaz ()
Date: April 15, 2021 19:36

Nothing tops the original studio version and the London and Birmingham versions for the 73 european tour.I like the funky bridge by Taylor. Also the introduction on the LA show (10 july) during the 1975 US Tour.

Date: April 15, 2021 19:45

cimaz
Nothing tops the original studio version and the London and Birmingham versions for the 73 european tour.I like the funky bridge by Taylor. Also the introduction on the LA show (10 july) during the 1975 US Tour.

The funky bridge by Taylor?

Taylor is playing licks off of Keith's funky riff.

Date: April 15, 2021 20:05

DandelionPowderman
cimaz

The funky bridge by Taylor?

Taylor is playing licks off of Keith's funky riff.

Thanks. I thought it was more Taylor than Richards on this part of the song.

Posted by: Pietro ()
Date: April 15, 2021 20:29

In the early 1970s, the Stones were good even when they were bad.

Posted by: kidquick185 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 20:46

Always loved it; never saw it live until the Summerfest Milwaukee show on the 2015 Zip Code tour.... what a train wreck

Date: April 15, 2021 20:55

Agree. The nineties and after 2000 versions are rather disappointing to listen to.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: April 15, 2021 21:07

I think this piece is, lyrically at least, as current in 2018-today in the US as it was in 1972-73, maybe more-so. Police shootings constantly in the news, often for mistaken reasons, like this week's shooting of a 20 yr old black kid when the officer mistakenly pulled her pistol instead of her taser, putting a bullet in his chest.

I have not heard a live version in decades that was anywhere near the energy of the 1970s.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 11, 2021 23:50

First part of MTs solo resembles Perkins on Marley’s Concrete Jungle, or is it only me?

[youtu.be]

Starts at 2.53

MONSTER solo by Wayne!

C

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: May 12, 2021 00:17

buffalo7478
I think this piece is, lyrically at least, as current in 2018-today in the US as it was in 1972-73, maybe more-so. Police shootings constantly in the news, often for mistaken reasons, like this week's shooting of a 20 yr old black kid when the officer mistakenly pulled her pistol instead of her taser, putting a bullet in his chest.

I have not heard a live version in decades that was anywhere near the energy of the 1970s.
”Thekid” had robbed a girl during which he stuck a loaded gun in her stomach and threatened to shoot her.This and another violation of the law was why the police officer was attempting to arrest him for.He struggled with officers instead of complying and Che shot him with her firearm thinking it was her taser.She has been changed with homicide.I draw no conclusions as to whether she is guilty until the evidence is presented in a court of law.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: May 12, 2021 01:03

Evidence in a court of law is generally about as far away from the "truth" as one can get. I have seen that one from three sides now.

jb

Date: May 12, 2021 01:18

jbwelda
Evidence in a court of law is generally about as far away from the "truth" as one can get. I have seen that one from three sides now.

jb
That is ridiculous.Yes there are miscarriages of justice but our judicial system with its burdens of proof and appeals systems are still the fairest and most just system in the history of the world. What you suggest Western Civilization exchange it with? Tribal leaders deciding guilt?And 99percrnt of all blacks killed in America are killed by other blacks, usually in gang / drug fights.Help these people economically .Stop putting them in jail for drug crimes while rich white people do drugs without going to jail Cops aren’t the problems.Economic inequalities and drug laws have hurt the African American community .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-12 01:36 by Taylor1.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: May 12, 2021 20:53

A great and powerful track. Never get tired of it.

Date: May 12, 2021 21:56

<still the fairest and most just system in the history of the world>

Do you have any knowledge at all about other countries' judicial systems?

Date: May 13, 2021 03:36

I was a prosecutor for 21 years in New York.Tried lots of cases.Am now in private practice but not doing criminal law in the last 2years .I know the New York criminal justice system .I assume Europe and Israel have fair systems where justice is done.I doubt China and other countries do, but I am not knowledgeable enough to say one way or the other

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-05-13 03:40 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1664
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home