Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: John Lydon
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 23, 2009 19:08

Midnight Toker
71 Tele- How ya doin'?

I live in Belltown. I know exactly where Emerald City Guitars is. The vintage guitars they have are awesome. I am a lefty, therefore, I get most of my Fender guitars either new, or through London from Japan. Otherwise, I would do business there.

I don't play in a band due to my work schedule. After 37 years, I admit that I am not a technically savvy guitarist and I am weak from a musical theory perspective. On the other hand, I can play Hendrix,SRV,Buddy Guy, Stones etc... note for note know my pent. scales etc....

I will stop by your store sometime soon to say hello. I don't have to return to work until March, so I have alot of free time right now.

While we are on the topic of The Sex Pistols, I do like Steve Jones alot. How about you?

Toker: send me an e-mail at jpc58@msn.com. We are moving the store on the 4th, so probably better to stop by after. We will be at 408 Occidental in Pioneer Sq. Cheers.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: December 23, 2009 20:57

I lurrvee his contradictory inconsistencies, which makes for a more fascinating human being.

Incidentally, raking it in from appearing in butter commercials was lambasted, but he has gone on record to say he used the proceeds to fund these PIL shows that he otherwise would not have done, which is pretty admirable in my book. Fleecing the corporations to give music lovers some great shows is a splendid scenario.

..... I saw PIL at the Brixton Academy on Monday night.

Superb band, really locked in and to my astonishment (I have seen the Sex Pistols several times), Johnny boy was actually singing and hitting some high notes too. The show clocked in at over 150 minutes and there was no sign of strain on his voice either. I'm going tonight, so it will be interesting to know how his voice is after three consecutive shows.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 24, 2009 00:44

No matter what the Ramones or other low-brows might say Johnny INVENTED punk as a musical genre as well as a political stance thumbs up

You know you're doing good when people want to stab you in the street.

Sir Geldorf? What a twat!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 24, 2009 00:46

and an @#$%& too! angry smiley
"Geldof has been actively engaging in tax avoidance while at the same time demanding increased aid for Africa paid for from taxation"
[en.wikipedia.org]

F'king scumbag!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 24, 2009 03:28

SonicDreamer
I lurrvee his contradictory inconsistencies, which makes for a more fascinating human being.

Incidentally, raking it in from appearing in butter commercials was lambasted, but he has gone on record to say he used the proceeds to fund these PIL shows that he otherwise would not have done, which is pretty admirable in my book. Fleecing the corporations to give music lovers some great shows is a splendid scenario.

..... I saw PIL at the Brixton Academy on Monday night.

Superb band, really locked in and to my astonishment (I have seen the Sex Pistols several times), Johnny boy was actually singing and hitting some high notes too. The show clocked in at over 150 minutes and there was no sign of strain on his voice either. I'm going tonight, so it will be interesting to know how his voice is after three consecutive shows.

Cheers,
SonicD

Saw them at Brixton too. Great gig. But the two nights at the Electric Ballroom, were absolutely mindblowing. Just got back from the second one ... SUPERB. Amazing band, and what a singer and performer he is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-24 03:29 by Nikolai.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: December 24, 2009 03:34

dcba
No matter what the Ramones or other low-brows might say Johnny INVENTED punk as a musical genre as well as a political stance thumbs up

You know you're doing good when people want to stab you in the street.

Sir Geldorf? What a twat!

THANK YOU!

No disrespect to The Ramones (one of my favourite bands), but no Johnny Rotten/John Lydon, no punk rock.

He's still got it too - those three PIL gigs I saw this week were incredible.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 24, 2009 03:46

dcba
No matter what the Ramones or other low-brows might say Johnny INVENTED punk as a musical genre as well as a political stance

Saying the Sex Pistols invented Punk is like saying Bill Haley and the Comets invented Rock n' Roll.

Dig a little deeper.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home