Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Selfmade 1969 DVD
Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 14, 2009 20:10

Hello,

has anybody here made his own DVD out of Gimme Shelter and the new Ya Yas DVD? I have very good ideas for cutting them together but i have one problem. My Yayas DVD is in PAL and my Gimme Shelter is in NTSC. i know converting them isn't the best i can do qualitywise. is Gimme Shelter anywhere available in PAL on DVD? i don't want to buy the yayas box a second time...

Re: Selfmade 1969 DVD
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: December 14, 2009 21:19

PAL: [www.amazon.co.uk]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 14, 2009 23:35

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: December 14, 2009 23:57

hockenheim95
Hello,

has anybody here made his own DVD out of Gimme Shelter and the new Ya Yas DVD? I have very good ideas for cutting them together but i have one problem. My Yayas DVD is in PAL and my Gimme Shelter is in NTSC. i know converting them isn't the best i can do qualitywise. is Gimme Shelter anywhere available in PAL on DVD? i don't want to buy the yayas box a second time...

i'm thinking of doing the same..thing .

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 15, 2009 00:29

vancouver
hockenheim95
Hello,

I'd be curious as to where you put the scenes from the Ya Yas DVD. Please keep us posted.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: December 15, 2009 00:56

misterfrias
vancouver
hockenheim95
Hello,

I'd be curious as to where you put the scenes from the Ya Yas DVD. Please keep us posted.

i did one with gimme shelter + the bonus fill in carol after jumping jack flash a.s.o.

Date: December 15, 2009 14:09

vancouver
misterfrias
vancouver
hockenheim95
Hello,

i did one with gimme shelter + the bonus fill in carol after jumping jack flash a.s.o.

Thanks, vancouver. Did you do anything with either (1) the Birmingham photo shoot (perhaps adding it to the opening of Gimme Shelter) or (2) the before-the-show footage of the fans from the bonus DVD?

I think the Prodigal Son footage should have been included in the original release; it's that good.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 15, 2009 15:08

How much of the complete set from MSG is now available?

Perhaps you can do 2 versions - one just with MSG 69 and one adding in Altamont footage to try and get as much of the 69 US tour set as possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-15 15:33 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: December 15, 2009 15:18

...and you could add the Ike and Tina Turner song as a bonus track...

Date: December 15, 2009 16:01

i made a little plan for this.

Intro - audio from GS, video ariving of the band and going on stage (mixing of yayas DVD, the intro of GS and the scene right before HTW)
JJF - complete GS version
Carol - GS Bonus
Sympathy - Mix of both Altamont versions
Prodigal Son - Yayas DVD
You Gotta Move - Yayas DVD
Under My Thumb/Im Free - Yayas DVD with a cut in Im Free to have it sound as complete as possible, without the backstage scenes)
Little Queenie - GS Bonus
Satisfaction (GS version, i know its not complete and from different shows but i like this version a lot more than the one from the new DVD. Expecially the improvised vocals at the ending)
HTW - GS Version
SFM - GS Version i will try to put the yayas audio track over the radio report if it doesnt sound too strange and i will put the audience sequences of Satisfaction from the YaYas DVD over the Altamont footage part of the GS Version)

i once thought to include the missing songs from YaYas and put some footage (the donkey, the studio things and slow motion videos of the unused live footage) over those but i don't know if it fits good. i have a problem with including sympathy from altamont too because for me Altamont and the 1969 are two different pair of shoes.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: December 15, 2009 16:55

Hey Hock,

If you ever make this I'll be happy to buy one off you or trade something. Good luck with the project.

Date: December 15, 2009 17:12

when i have both films in one format i will surely make this. i really like editing videos and i think after christmas i will have time to do this. i think uploading it somewhere is illegal and i don't want to have problems with that but i really like to share it with you when it's finished. when someone has other ideas for this project i would be happy to here them.

Date: December 15, 2009 17:48

hockenheim95
when i have both films in one format i will surely make this. i really like editing videos and i think after christmas i will have time to do this. i think uploading it somewhere is illegal and i don't want to have problems with that but i really like to share it with you when it's finished. when someone has other ideas for this project i would be happy to here them.

Uploading it would certainly be illegal, at least here in the U.S. You may be able to get around this by private trading or by doing some sort of B&P arrangement.

A bit of a pain making copies one at a time but it definitely is safer than uploading it.

Posted by: sirdoug ()
Date: December 15, 2009 17:56

How about a vine like they do (or did) in the Dylan site? One master disc that gets mailed to everyone in the vine. You make a copy and send the master to the next in line. Just a thought.

Date: December 15, 2009 19:23

sirdoug
How about a vine like they do (or did) in the Dylan site? One master disc that gets mailed to everyone in the vine. You make a copy and send the master to the next in line. Just a thought.

A Tree would be great. I have done that many times through a Tangerine Dream website & have never had a problem.

thumbs up

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 15, 2009 20:13

whats a tree ???

Date: December 15, 2009 20:34

steffiestones
whats a tree ???

Sorry, I should have said vine. I was using the Tangerine Tree as a synonym for vine. From wikipedia:

Tangerine Tree was a project from 2002 through 2006 that was dedicated to the collection, preservation and distribution of unreleased concerts and other audio material by the band Tangerine Dream. The creators of the Tangerine Tree project received permission from Tangerine Dream to release the collection on a strict non-profit basis. Several of the Tangerine Tree volumes have been used as the basis for official Tangerine Dream releases. The project collected just under 300 hours of material.

Essentially, one fan would copy an "unauthorized" CD and send the original CD to another fan, who would copy it and send the original off to someone else. As long as no one made any money from it, Tangerine Dream was okay with the project.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-15 20:41 by misterfrias.

Date: January 18, 2010 16:17

i got the PAL DVD last week and i'm working right now on it. but i don't know if i should include sympathy from altamont or not. it's a great song, but the mood of the altamont footage is totally different to the NY footage. what do you think?

Date: January 18, 2010 16:46

I would include it because it really captures the chaotic atmosphere of Altamont. Also, I believe the more Stones performances the better. tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: chenry9195 ()
Date: January 18, 2010 17:32

hockenheim95
i got the PAL DVD last week and i'm working right now on it. but i don't know if i should include sympathy from altamont or not. it's a great song, but the mood of the altamont footage is totally different to the NY footage. what do you think?
Use footage from the Satisfaction video you won't be using eventually segue it to the altamont footage. Then show the footage of the Hells Angel on the phone/review of the murder, then break into Prodigal Son have the opening titles be here have Jumpin' Jack Flash/Carol/Sympathy all before the intro. Due to the quality use more unused Satisfaction footage during Carol use backstage footage and stuff with the audio over. Use the crap footage on the small T.V. they're watching. Then have the footage of Charlie saying "I don't see this coming together." Then break into Sympathy. If you guys can wait a month or two I can do this. But I am plagued with things to do at the moment.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: January 18, 2010 17:37

That sounds like a bloody wonderful idea!

IF a tree/vine is ever set up, as they had on Bob boards, that would be ideal.

I had the same problem - obtaining copies of both in the same region (PAL Vs NTSC) proved very problematic.

Goddangit, with all the technology in the world can we not just have one Universal region-DVD. No more PAL Vs NTSC, bring that wall down! One Love^*

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 18, 2010 17:41

Its already been done(and very well) called "Get Yer Yas Yas "IN". Maybe someone else can post the art for it -i dont have a photobucket acc.

Date: January 18, 2010 17:46

Get Yer Ya-Ya'a In? Good name for it,

Scott - may I ask, do you know is this version is wholly PAL or wholly NTSC?

Date: January 18, 2010 17:50

IrelandCalling4
That sounds like a bloody wonderful idea!

IF a tree/vine is ever set up, as they had on Bob boards, that would be ideal.

I had the same problem - obtaining copies of both in the same region (PAL Vs NTSC) proved very problematic.

Goddangit, with all the technology in the world can we not just have one Universal region-DVD. No more PAL Vs NTSC, bring that wall down! One Love^*

Never left North America, but would it have something to do with our different means of electricity?

Date: January 18, 2010 17:58

I know, I know^^ Differences in this that and electric other..

Was only rambling on as the PAL / NTSC thing is simply awkward sometimes. Chalk it down to having a bad day at work here - Jan 18th is supposed to be the worst day of the year according to the papers this morn^

Date: January 18, 2010 18:10

i think the problem is not the video of the 3 bonus tracks. i think it is the audio, which is very bad in direct comparison to the other tracks. but the CD audio of those tracks is very different to the bonus tracks because of the overdubbs so i can't use them.

Date: January 18, 2010 18:13

hockenheim95
i think the problem is not the video of the 3 bonus tracks. i think it is the audio, which is very bad in direct comparison to the other tracks. but the CD audio of those tracks is very different to the bonus tracks because of the overdubbs so i can't use them.

Use Time Trip for Carol. And use Broadway for Sympathy.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 18, 2010 18:18

steffiestones
whats a tree ???
a tree is a faster form of vine. instead of one master disk in the hands of one participant at a time,
in a tree the "seeder" sends a master to four or five "branches", each of whom then make copies for four or five "leaves".
leaves usually provide their branches with blank disks to cover the costs, or offer recorded disks in trade.
it takes a bit of organization, but it's not difficult and it's more efficient for a large-ish group of recipients than a vine is.

Date: January 18, 2010 18:54

I know when Gimme Shelter was to be re issued it was to have Sympathy For The Devil, Live With Me, and Stray Cat Blues. Did this ever come to fruitation? If so does anyone here have a bootleg/why weren't they released?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: January 18, 2010 19:34

I started the same type of project myself, I included the 3 bonus songs from
"Hyde Park" , GS, YaYa's & the Dec 1969 JJF, Satisfaction from London

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home