Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: My Fav Mick Taylor pic ever!
Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 15, 2009 20:24

fuman
This photo is from Essen 09 OCT 1973.

Thanks fuman!!

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: December 15, 2009 21:03

Some old pictures from my collection .

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: December 15, 2009 21:04

Very cool pics, Urbansteel!!! grinning smiley

Date: December 16, 2009 00:56

This one was re-post from another thread:

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: December 16, 2009 01:54

From Urbanstels selection above - presumably that is Rose with him circa '72-73?
He looks very happy there. Can't remember - did they marry? Any children?
(Infact does MickT have any children?) But I heard that Rose was not too kind to him in the end? Only hearsay - can't remember any details or how or when their relationship ended.

At some of MickT's solo gigs these days you can purchase photos of him - vintage ones in the Stones and some more recent ones too.

I have one of him sitting cross-legged with Strat in his lap and a big, beaming smile on his face. Probably shot in the mid nineties. He does have a great smile - when he's not playing the guitar! Sorry it's not to hand, but perhaps someone else has a copy?

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: December 16, 2009 03:04

MT was married twice, Rose & Valerie

and he has a Daughter

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 16, 2009 03:57

<< Would you admit that Some Girls sounds a little more vibrant that GHS and IORR? I do attribute some of that to Ronnie only if they could have sustained that punch for more than three or four years! >>

Exactly

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: December 16, 2009 12:42

Thanks gripweed, yes that's the one. Mine is unsigned!

So it's you who runs that site?! Congrats - and thanks from many of us too.

Are are at liberty/willing to say who Mick's daughter is, when born, etc?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-16 15:47 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 16, 2009 15:04

Mr Frias's photo tell me that if Ian Stewart's lokk was not the apropiatte for a RS, nor is MT's in these days.

Posted by: 72stones ()
Date: December 17, 2009 00:47

Does anybody know if any photographs of Taylor in the studio from the It's Only Rock N' Roll album sessions exist at all?

Date: December 17, 2009 01:19

72stones
Does anybody know if any photographs of Taylor in the studio from the It's Only Rock N' Roll album sessions exist at all?

I hope so. It would be really cool to see that!

Date: December 17, 2009 02:19

Posted by: Back Of My Palm ()
Date: December 17, 2009 03:11

For the lurv of God: does exactly everybody have to click on the Quote this message and keep the image part
so that one have to wait a lalf friggin' hour for every bloomin' page in this thread.. Please don't...

Date: December 17, 2009 08:59

I have to comment on the last photo that DiamondDog7 posted. That shot of Keith, Charlie and Taylor together is one I've seen here before. I can't remember if anybody has ever said this before or not. If they have, I need to be reminded. My speculation is that this has to be a shot of Keith, Charlie and Taylor huddled closely together during "Midnight Rambler". I can just so easily envision this photo as having been taken during the middle section of the song where the instrumental breaks completely take over the song. The shot itself may not be that great. But from a musical perspective and from seeing those three fine musicians so close together, I think it's a marvelous one unto itself.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: December 17, 2009 09:55

KeithNacho
Mr Frias's photo tell me that if Ian Stewart's lokk was not the apropiatte for a RS, nor is MT's in these days.

Come on, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards also do not look as young and pretty as they did in the old days. However, MT would not fit into the stadium shows playing all the oldies in a wall of sound, light and special effects.

However, for me the very prominent Taylor nostalgia on this board during the past few weeks indicates what's problematic in the stones these days.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: December 17, 2009 15:13

72stones
I have to comment on the last photo that DiamondDog7 posted. That shot of Keith, Charlie and Taylor together is one I've seen here before. I can't remember if anybody has ever said this before or not. If they have, I need to be reminded. My speculation is that this has to be a shot of Keith, Charlie and Taylor huddled closely together during "Midnight Rambler". I can just so easily envision this photo as having been taken during the middle section of the song where the instrumental breaks completely take over the song. The shot itself may not be that great. But from a musical perspective and from seeing those three fine musicians so close together, I think it's a marvelous one unto itself.

this picture is bigger with jagger rushing in from the left, it is a great picture.

Date: December 17, 2009 18:41

72stones

Yes, MR because Richards' capo is at the 7th fret.

Also, I believe it is from the North Carolina show.

Date: December 17, 2009 23:57

straycatblues73 & Smokey,
Thanks. I love the shot so much because of the musicality that it conveys. It's not a glamorous shot. It's a shot that really gets down to the nuts and bolts of what makes a great show like the guys did back then.
I have got to find somebody who owns a really great printer that is capable of printing out glossy stock quality prints that I can justify taking and putting into frames and hanging htem up. I'd even pay for the paper, etc. This board is a smorgasboard full of photos that I'm enjoying immenesely. I can't seem to find anybody here where I live who has a really good printer-like the ones that churn out photos that people have taken with their cameras.

Date: December 18, 2009 02:12

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 18, 2009 02:43

Smokey
72stones

Yes, MR because Richards' capo is at the 7th fret.

Also, I believe it is from the North Carolina show.

No, it's from Chicago....the 1st Chicago show, june 19th

EDIT 1: I remember 3DTeaFoe mentioned that he was present on this concert - and a photo taken from the nearly same angle showed him in the audience - finally found it when searching IORR: [www.iorr.org]
EDIT 2: it's taken by Marty Kovak it seems

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-18 02:58 by Erik_Snow.

Date: December 18, 2009 07:17

DiamondDog7

More great pix. Can anyone identify the acoustic guitar? EKG?

Erik_Snow

No, it's from Chicago....the 1st Chicago show, june 19th

Thanks Erik.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 18, 2009 11:39

Smokey
DiamondDog7

EKO Ranger. Italian made cheap guitar.

Mathijs

Date: December 18, 2009 20:20

Mathijs
Smokey
DiamondDog7

EKO Ranger. Italian made cheap guitar.

Mathijs

Thank you

Date: December 18, 2009 23:30

Erik,
Thank you for the information.

Date: December 19, 2009 00:13

credits; micktaylor.net

credits; micktaylor.net

Date: December 19, 2009 01:00

Date: December 20, 2009 13:34

Date: December 21, 2009 00:49

Thanks to the Farewell 1970/1971 tour-thread

Thanks to the Farewell 1970/1971 tour-thread

Date: December 21, 2009 01:27

Posted by: MickTaylorfan1 ()
Date: December 21, 2009 05:03

Wonderful pictures smiling smiley I havent seen some of them before. Great start of my birthday grinning smiley
I had some really nice ones but the computer I had them on is ruined sad smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home