Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13
Re: My Fav Mick Taylor pic ever!
Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: January 21, 2010 01:35

Deluxtone

Yes and it's amazing - that would make him 18 when he first toure the States with Mayall - and I think it was that year too that he jammed with Hendrix backstage.

The first US Tour with Mayall was Jan 9th - Feb 10th 1968. So Taylor turned 19 during that tour.
The Winterland / Fillmore West gigs promoted by Bill Graham were part of this tour (1-4 February). Hendrix and the Bluesbreakers shared the bill with Albert King.

Prior to that MT had already met Jimi at gigs in London and spent some time with him. By the late 60s Taylor knew Hendrix well enough to use his place in Mayfair (Brook St) as a crashpad.

The pictures that Ethan Russell took backstage at Madison Square Garden are from 1969. November 27 of that year was Jimi's last birthday.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 21, 2010 02:18

Lightnin'
Deluxtone

Yes and it's amazing - that would make him 18 when he first toure the States with Mayall - and I think it was that year too that he jammed with Hendrix backstage.

The first US Tour with Mayall was Jan 9th - Feb 10th 1968. So Taylor turned 19 during that tour.
The Winterland / Fillmore West gigs promoted by Bill Graham were part of this tour (1-4 February). Hendrix and the Bluesbreakers shared the bill with Albert King.

Prior to that MT had already met Jimi at gigs in London and spent some time with him. By the late 60s Taylor knew Hendrix well enough to use his place in Mayfair (Brook St) as a crashpad.

The pictures that Ethan Russell took backstage at Madison Square Garden are from 1969. November 27 of that year was Jimi's last birthday.

He turned 20 during that tour: bio Mick Taylor

But I promised one more pic:

Posted by: laugui ()
Date: January 21, 2010 11:52

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 21, 2010 13:43

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: January 21, 2010 13:47

Come On

That's Nick Drake!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: January 21, 2010 14:57

Come On, I also don't think it's Mick Taylor. I don't recognize him. But I don't know Nick Drakesmiling smiley.

Date: January 21, 2010 15:07

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 21, 2010 16:16

Looks a bit like Hans Teeuwen. cool smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: January 21, 2010 16:30

You can find some rare pics of Mick playing with John Mayall in Zurich, May 1968 here:

[www.monsterkonzert.ch]

For the guitarists out there, note he's using a Rangemaster in to a Marshall.

smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-22 01:32 by His Majesty.

Date: January 21, 2010 17:19

Lightnin'

kleermaker

Please kleermaker, you must know that IMDB is one of the most unreliable sources you can consult on the internet.
Mick Taylor was born 17 January 1949. So he started off his first US tour as a 18 year old lad and turned 19 a week into the tour. Really. Take it from those that are in the know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-21 17:20 by Lightnin'.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: January 21, 2010 18:43

Deltics
Come On

That's Nick Drake!
Indeed it is...

Date: January 21, 2010 19:16

Lightnin'
Lightnin'

kleermaker

Please kleermaker, you must know that IMDB is one of the most unreliable sources you can consult on the internet.
Mick Taylor was born 17 January 1949. So he started off his first US tour as a 18 year old lad and turned 19 a week into the tour. Really. Take it from those that are in the know.

It's not my only source: [www.stonesforum.nl]

Maybe this serious and interesting article will finally convince you, maybe not.

[www.micktaylor.net]

There are more reliable sources on the internet.

Greetings,

k.

Date: January 21, 2010 19:24

His Majesty
You can find some rare pics of Mick playing with John Mayall in Zurich, May 1968 here:

[www.monsterkonzert.ch]

For the guitarists out there, note he's using a Rangemaster in to a Vox AC30.

smoking smiley

Great pics of the masters of the guitar: MT and JH (they played together in the dressing room, 1969 end of November. Who wouldn't love to hear that?

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: January 21, 2010 19:32

His Majesty

[www.monsterkonzert.ch]

For the guitarists out there, note he's using a Rangemaster in to a Vox AC30.

smoking smiley

Thanks for this link!

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: January 21, 2010 19:47

Will someone who lives near Hatfield please visit the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages and consult the records for January 1948 and 1949?!

but kleermaker - I think Gripweed has the info from the Horse's mouth.

perhaps the blues-horse himself (or his associate/manager) might chip in here?

but more important - to celebrate the Man's birth - and keep posting the photos!

Date: January 21, 2010 20:34

"but more important - to celebrate the Man's birth - and keep posting the photos!"

Exactly, and to listen to his fantastic playing with the Stones. I just got 2 DVD's with MT yesterday and still have to see and hear it all. Will be a pleasure.

Nevertheless, I'll check it out further. Maybe his own website has some info. I'm gonna take a look there right nowsmiling smiley

Date: January 21, 2010 20:58

[www.rosenbluthphoto.com]

some nice black and white pics here during the 1973 tour.

Date: January 21, 2010 21:04

Again: MT's year of birth:

[micktaylor.free.fr]

and

[www.micktaylor.net]

Make your choice pleasesmiling smiley

I've emailed the Man himself to help us outwinking smiley

Date: January 21, 2010 23:11

kleermaker
Again: MT's year of birth:

[micktaylor.free.fr]

and

[www.micktaylor.net]

Make your choice pleasesmiling smiley

I've emailed the Man himself to help us outwinking smiley

If you look at the biography on the fansite carefully you will read this:

"Michael Kevin Taylor was born Jan. 17, 1949, in Welwyn Garden City, England. He grew up in Hatfield, a London suburb, and began playing guitar at age 9. Taylor became interested in joining a rock band after his parents took him to see Bill Haley & the Comets".

FYI, micktaylor.net is the only website that Taylor has any involvement with. All the other sources that you are referring to have their information wrong. Like I explained before, the mix up regarding MT's date of birth is widespread and goes a long way back (1969).

Just out of interest, when you say you have 'e-mailed the Man' himself, where did you write to ?

Date: January 21, 2010 23:44

"Just out of interest, when you say you have 'e-mailed the Man' himself, where did you write to?"

Lightnin', I emailed to:

[www.micktaylor.net]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-01-22 03:24 by kleermaker.

Posted by: laugui ()
Date: January 22, 2010 00:55

mick was born in 1949

Date: January 23, 2010 21:59

kleermaker

Maybe this serious and interesting article will finally convince you, maybe not.

[www.micktaylor.net] [I found 1948 in that article]

As a result of my email (see my former post) the author of the article mentioned above has changed MT's year of birth into a question mark. Until now it's not certain what his year of birth exactly is. Maybe that author will try to find out the right year. Funny thing, isn't it?

PS: has anyone any more pics?

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: January 25, 2010 01:25

some pictures here
[www.photoshelter.com]

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: April 19, 2010 01:02

Because of the whole Exile on Main Street hype and the speculations about the main man... :-)

By the way, all credits unknow. Sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-19 01:03 by DiamondDog7.

Date: April 19, 2010 02:17

On Pg 1 of this thread, does anyone know the individual names of the Bluesbreakers pic? Because it looks like John Mc Vie, and a dude who played with Journey (?) later on.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 19, 2010 02:24

This one ?

Date: April 27, 2010 23:57

Date: April 28, 2010 00:09

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-06-12 17:41 by kleermaker.

Date: April 28, 2010 00:20

Cool pic, Kleermaker! Ziet er erg tof uit! (=dutch; Looking very cool!) ;-))

Date: June 7, 2010 13:05

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1309
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home