Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: opening song for new tour: Sympathy
Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 8, 2009 23:59

"All Down The Line" might work as an opener.

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 9, 2009 00:01

Send It To me
I think it would be great to open up with "Please allow me to introduce myself..." First time in opening slot.

Other Suggestions?

My second choice: One Hit to the Body

I've LONG thought SFTD should be the opener. There's a plethora of spine-tingling lighting and staging effects that could be just mind blowing - until Keith starts playing his solo that is....

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: December 9, 2009 00:11

R
Send It To me
I think it would be great to open up with "Please allow me to introduce myself..." First time in opening slot.

Other Suggestions?

My second choice: One Hit to the Body

I've LONG thought SFTD should be the opener. There's a plethora of spine-tingling lighting and staging effects that could be just mind blowing - until Keith starts playing his solo that is....

Well, it may not be spine-tingling, but Keith's solo on this song as of late is pretty bone chilling if nothing else!

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: December 9, 2009 00:15

Under my thumb was a nice opening song

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: December 10, 2009 10:14

Edith Grove
SwayStones
I liked " Fade away " .JJF could be a good one ,depending on the guitar solos...

Yeahhhh!

JJF would be a better opener rather than an encore, don't you think ?

Monkey man could be great too. They did this number in Lyon 2007 and I liked it.
The stage could stay in the dark for the very first notes of the song then they could put the lights on when the music finally broke .

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 10, 2009 18:50

I get the idea it was at least considered on the ABB tour if you look at the rehearsal list for Aug 8. Too slow, bloated and plodding these days. This is one song I think would work totally stripped down with just Mick & Keith on acoustic guitar.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 10, 2009 18:52

I think Respectable would be a great opener!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: RITA ()
Date: December 10, 2009 19:07

Opening with Street Fighting Man or Where the Boys Go or Time is on My Side...

Posted by: jeanmarie ()
Date: December 10, 2009 19:27

hope they just will find a good idea for an opener, like in 78, 81/82 or 94/95, so not necessary a fast song, a song from the 60, but which one could be the good idea, the one that works !? something surprising us

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: December 10, 2009 19:31

I think Rocks Off would be the best opener for the new tour: something strong, simple, and energetic.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 10, 2009 21:55

Just wanna see his face

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 10, 2009 22:20

I would like 2120 South Michigan Avenue winking smiley

Could be a very good introduction !

HMN

Posted by: R ()
Date: December 10, 2009 22:51

Fan Since 1964
I think Respectable would be a great opener!

I couldn't agree more. It's one with which Keith is presumably very familiar so it would work like BS or JJF.

Date: December 11, 2009 00:31

I actually like Stevecardi's recommendation of 'Rocks Off', long as they got it right and played it more like they did in Cleveland on the Licks tour (best modern era version I have ever heard - fast and rocking!!)

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 11, 2009 00:47

I think they should not play Sympathy this tour, and it's NOT just the guitars...

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 11, 2009 01:14

If the boys tour I hope they keep Sympathy in the closet! It's been done to death and Keith has trouble with the solo these days.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 11, 2009 10:12

SwayStones
No SFTD anymore please,no more Mick with these awful and ridiculous clothes and hat .No more "Ouh ouh" as in SAL.....

No Start Me Up .
I liked " Fade away " .JJF could be a good one ,depending on the guitar solos...

I think the dress up was just for those particular shows...but the effect inside was really f'ing cool, especially with the effect of "hell" behind the door. i think you'll be spared the clothes and hat for the most part.

SFTD is really the only warhorse i can stand hearing these days (other than MR).

Posted by: tell.me.mr.ed ()
Date: December 11, 2009 10:35

Brown Sugar would be nice in short and sharp version. NO HORNS, only Bobby on sax.

Mr.Ed

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: December 11, 2009 17:11

Indian Girl

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: December 11, 2009 17:25

tell.me.mr.ed
Brown Sugar would be nice in short and sharp version. NO HORNS, only Bobby on sax.

and Blondie on lead guitar....

Date: December 11, 2009 17:26

tell.me.mr.ed

Mr.Ed

That would be nothing new - they did that on the Licks tour quite often, including on the Twickenham portion of the Four Flicks dvd. Hell, if you want a SHORT version, just stick with the Live Licks cd where they edited about a third of the damn thing out!

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 11, 2009 17:31

Start me up?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 11, 2009 18:38

Think of all the warhorse openers over the years. JJF has probably been done the most.

It would be nice to have something different, like they did with the Voodoo tour, than something so common. Start Me Up was great for Steel Wheels. It's stupid now, mainly because they barely play it and it's at a limping pace at that. Street Fighting Man was brilliant, I thought, at least for the MSG show for Licks. I get the frame of mind for the big riff and thumping beat to kick off the show.

But there are plenty of other 'obscure' LP tracks they could use to open a show with. I thought She Saw Me Coming would have been a great way to open the Bigger Bang shows.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: December 11, 2009 19:01

It would be great to have a song that builds up to see the boys. I did like how UMT the opening riffs continued and then Mick appears and gets the crowd wild. A lot of energy there. One by one the boys could come out. That would be different and exciting.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 11, 2009 20:37

UMT was definitely one of my favorite openers, but the one that really worked for me in person was "Not Fade Away" on the Voodoo Lounge tour. Very unexpected and the crowd totally freaked out...I remember a group of girls sitting behind me screaming their heads off when the band hit the stage.

Hopefully we'll see something different like this next time around.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 11, 2009 22:44

Why not start with the damm bloody Beatles tune...I wanna be your man!!

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 11, 2009 23:01

It would be cool if they opened with Chuck berry songs and mixed it up night to night, Let It Rock, BBJ, Carol, ect. run run rudolf for some DEC shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-11 23:01 by ryanpow.

Posted by: stonesfan ()
Date: December 12, 2009 02:18

Please!! something new, like: "DANGEROUS BEAUTY"

Date: December 12, 2009 03:22

get off my cloud
bitch
sparks will fly

however, it might be

jjf or brown sugar

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: December 12, 2009 05:59

How about Happy with Mick onstage a la 1972?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home