Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Your forum name, what does it mean and why did you pick it?
Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: June 12, 2014 10:30

It was the name of my cat and 12 is my favourite number

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:20

first I had "colditalianpizza" and then switched to "partnerincrime" ... why did I pick them? 'cause I like them (yes I do!)
m.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:35

from the album between the buttons released in 1967.

love this album.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 12, 2014 13:57

An ancient Greek. "Doxa" = a belief with no status of knowledge ("Episteme"). Why did I chose it? I don't know... at least, can't remember... an intuitive move I guess with no much thought, but it describes my stance well! grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 12, 2014 14:12

andrewt
Dreamer
I told latebloomer a couple of days ago I like reality as much as changing the angles on it and make new scenarios: my form of day-dreaming. So it was no surprise to me that somewhere in the past it became my work: to write and be creative with that...making all sorts of stories is part of what I do.
At the same time I hate it when people change reality (too much smiling smiley ) in their daily life; you have to live your life and take it as it comes...deal with it; winning the lottery or losing your job and anything in between.
But when I do lose my 'job' or a project I like to dream about winning the lottery or whatever kind of adventure I will be in next week or next month.
There's always something nice to do! Even dreaming about it...

Yep: I'm not the only one.
Feel free to tell us your dreams Andrew smiling smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 12, 2014 15:25

GJV are just my initials, so that was not very hard and long thinking from my part.smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 12, 2014 15:34

GJV
GJV are just my initials, so that was not very hard and long thinking from my part.smiling smiley

Georgie Jay Vaughn?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 12, 2014 15:50

I like to dream about winning the lottery

.... what about a quiz show? .... bet you'd win at that

ROCKMAN

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 12, 2014 16:10

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 12, 2014 16:11

treaclefingers
GJV

Georgie Jay Vaughn?

Who?
Nobody born in The Netherlands has a name like that, ofcourse.

Date: June 12, 2014 16:50

GJV
treaclefingers
GJV

Georgie Jay Vaughn?

Who?
Nobody born in The Netherlands has a name like that, ofcourse.

Sorry, a take on SRV, Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 12, 2014 17:33

Dreamer
andrewt
Dreamer
I told latebloomer a couple of days ago I like reality as much as changing the angles on it and make new scenarios: my form of day-dreaming. So it was no surprise to me that somewhere in the past it became my work: to write and be creative with that...making all sorts of stories is part of what I do.
At the same time I hate it when people change reality (too much smiling smiley ) in their daily life; you have to live your life and take it as it comes...deal with it; winning the lottery or losing your job and anything in between.
But when I do lose my 'job' or a project I like to dream about winning the lottery or whatever kind of adventure I will be in next week or next month.
There's always something nice to do! Even dreaming about it...

Yep: I'm not the only one.
Feel free to tell us your dreams Andrew smiling smiley

I got to meet my heroes at a rehearsal in 2002. That was a pretty big dream come true right there. And they were gracious and kind, even Mick, which is why I never buy into the "cold-hearted" Mick tropes.

As for more abstract dreams, I should probably write them down more often. They get lost to memory but sometimes one or two beauties can bubble up to the surface.

One thing that I have learned from writing (and posting here): first drafts are like snowflakes. No two are alike and they are both perfect until they hit the ground.

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: June 12, 2014 21:15

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: June 12, 2014 22:17

After reading this forum for years I finally decided to register (I was probably drunk and had something on my mind that I had to tell you all). Just before this I bought my first Gibson Les Paul and was in love with it. And there you have it..... smileys with beer

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: June 12, 2014 22:25

Mine is really silly, it´s a direct translation from my first guitar hero Mr. Blackmore.

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: June 12, 2014 22:26

Well my real name is Jane, but I named myself Bellajane after a boat called Bella Jane (boat trips) in Elgo, Isle of Skye, Scotland. It was a boat tour I took in 2007. It was a great time. Just love Scotland.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 13, 2014 01:35

I just registered. I chose “Plink” because it’s short, silly and Stones related. Of course, many Stones fans refer to Chuck Leavell’s piano playing as “plink plonking”, but my username isn’t meant to connote any disrespect towards Chuck (who, based on what I’ve read, seems like a great guy and is indispensable to the band). I just liked the sound of “Plink”. That said, I do SO WISH the too-happy-sounding boogie woogie piano would be axed from the dark, menacing songs like Rambler and Sympathy - it sounds incongruous and just plain wrong!

Hey SharksWillCry, I almost chose Actlikeagoat but decided it was too long.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 13, 2014 03:30

I was in Korea at the time,Mandu is Korean dumpling.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: June 13, 2014 03:47

mandu
I was in Korea at the time,Mandu is Korean dumpling.

Thanks for the clarification on that!

I always thought you were a man who like the song Xanadu by Olivia Newton John!

Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: June 13, 2014 03:54

Gonna raise hell...

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: June 13, 2014 14:37

I was nick-named Little Queenie on a very nice Stones board once upon a time and it stuck. I am still known as that (or just LQ), but here it was already taken. So, it "had to be" LQ and my year of birth. cool smiley Not 17 anymore (I was just about 20-21 back then, so quite close), but it is a good song! winking smiley

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: June 13, 2014 15:45

Katie is the name of my horse and I always call her Katie girl. Not very original, but it was that or Ben dog.

Posted by: Athena ()
Date: June 14, 2014 07:47

Athena is my main German Shepherd bitch and out of this world. E-Z handle to remember for me. smileys with beer

Greek Goddess of Wisdom, Skill...& War

Posted by: Mister_D ()
Date: June 14, 2014 11:06

My name is Dave. It was an obvious and perfect fit.

Surprised it was still available at the time. Have since seen another person with Mister_DDD, or something like that. Feel kind of bad because he's probably a more active poster-- and a bigger Stones fan-- than I am. Oh, well. Maybe he had something else in mind, though.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: June 14, 2014 11:29

Years back I was creating an e-mail account. I entered my name as the first part of the address and it said it was already taken. I was offered alternatives, the first one being my name with "24" added behind it. I picked it. No logic there, really.

Shortly after that I registered here and I wanted to be "Happy," which is my favourite Keith's song. Again, it said the name was already taken (eventhough I have never seen any "Happy" poster here during the years), so without much thinking I added the "24

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: June 14, 2014 12:59

Lien !... Aka Carolien winking smiley

Posted by: Nem ()
Date: June 15, 2014 00:18

It's my old nickname (my name is emma, weird how it came to this!)

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 15, 2014 07:28

When I registred my first main mail account my real name Marianne was not available as account name, so I did choose mariannerl. The time I registred here I thought to use mariannerl instead of my real name because Marianne Faithfull is THE Marianne in stonesworld not me.

On Stonestreff board where I am admin my name is Mrs M. Reason is that somebody called me "Mrs" all the time on a third board.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 15, 2014 11:31

Aquamarine is my favorite color, and also aqua + marine = the water of the sea, and I'm a water sign (Pisces). I always use this name on music forums, in case you've run into me elsewhere--yes, it's me again!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 15, 2014 11:42

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 7 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home