Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
MSG 1969 Soundboards
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 5, 2009 16:18

I put together a list of existing soundboard tracks from the MSG 69 shows (+ Baltimore). Did I forget something?

In () = date (November 1969)

Jumpin' Jack Flash (27) -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Jumpin' Jack Flash (28-1) -> Gimme Shelter DVD
Carol (28-1) overdubs -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Carol (28-1) overdubs, different mix, correct announcement -> Time Trip Vol. 4
Carol (28-1) no overdubs, -> Gimme Shelter VHS video (US) bonus track
Carol (28-2) -> Gimme Shelter DVD bonus track
Sympathy For The Devil (28-1) verse 1,2,3 -> Original Ya-Ya's
Sympathy For The Devil (28-1) verse 1,4 -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Stray Cat Blues (28-1) -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Love In Vain (Baltimore 26) -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Love In Vain (Baltimore 26) different mix, correct announcement -> A Shot Of Salvation
Love In Vain (Baltimore 26) different mix, edit, missing one verse, wrong announcement -> Gimme Shelter DVD
Prodigal Son (27) -> Ya-Ya's DVD
Prodigal Son (27) -> Gimme Shelter DVD bonus track
Prodigal Son (28-2) -> Ya-Ya's bonus tracks CD
You Gotta Move (27) -> Ya-Ya's DVD
You Gotta Move (28-2) -> Ya-Ya's bonus tracks CD
Under My Thumb (27) -> Ya-Ya's bonus tracks CD
Under My Thumb (28-1) -> Ya-Ya's DVD
I'm Free (27) -> Ya-Ya's bonus tracks CD
I'm Free (28-1) incomplete -> Ya-Ya's DVD
Midnight Rambler (28-2) intro cut -> Original Ya-Ya's
Midnight Rambler (28-2) intro complete -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Live With Me (28-2) -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Little Queenie (28-1) -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Little Queenie (28-1) -> Gimme Shelter DVD bonus track, also b&w video
Satisfaction (27) -> Ya-Ya's DVD
Satisfaction (28-1) -> Ya-Ya's bonus tracks CD
Satisfaction (28-1/28-2 mix & edit) -> Gimme Shelter DVD
Honky Tonk Women (28-1) -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Honky Tonk Women (28-2/27 mix) -> Gimme Shelter DVD
Street Fighting Man (28-1) vocal overdubs -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate
Street Fighting Man (28-1) original vocals -> A Shot Of Salvation
Street Fighting Man (28-1/28-2 mix) with voiceover -> Gimme Shelter DVD

Some people say that Stray Cat Blues is from Baltimore 26th with overdubbed vocals.

Edited 13 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-20 10:58 by midnrambler.

Re: MSG 1969 Soundboards
Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 5, 2009 16:22

midnrambler

Some people say that Stray Cat Blues is from Baltimore 26th with overdubbed vocals.

From [www.rollingstonesnet.com] --

Stray Cat Blues: Music Baltimore 11/26/69, vocals overdubbed. Two musical "markers" were identified. Missing Turnaround Verse #4 ("It's no hangin' mat-tar..." ). A lessor possibility: 11/28/69 1st. This is noted due to the "Champaign Variation", which is a close approximation to "Ya-Ya's" lyrics, and therefore a possibility in a live '69 performance.

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-05 16:22 by misterfrias.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: December 5, 2009 17:42

thanks for this list!
However, I have done a lot of comparing of Street Fighting Man from the "Shot Of Salvation" bootleg and GYYYO and always thought they were different mixes of the same performance. Have always wanted to find the SFM performance from GIMME SHELTER without the annoying announcer voice during the instrumental break....

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: December 5, 2009 18:04

Some corrections:

Carol on the Gimme Shelter DVD is from Nov. 28 2nd show.

Satisfaction on the new 40th anniversary DVD is from Nov. 27, the version on the bonus tracks CD is from Nov. 28 1st show.

Street Fighting Man on the Shot of Salvation CD is from Nov. 28 1st show.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-05 18:07 by Tornandfrayed.

Date: December 5, 2009 18:08

thkbeercan
thanks for this list!
However, I have done a lot of comparing of Street Fighting Man from the "Shot Of Salvation" bootleg and GYYYO and always thought they were different mixes of the same performance. Have always wanted to find the SFM performance from GIMME SHELTER without the annoying announcer voice during the instrumental break....

I took the information from www.nzentgraf.de. The vocals of both versions are clearly different, but the Ya-Ya's version may be overdubbed?

Date: December 5, 2009 18:15

Tornandfrayed
Some corrections:

Carol on the Gimme Shelter DVD is from Nov. 28 2nd show.

Satisfaction on the new 40th anniversary DVD is from Nov. 27, the version on the bonus tracks CD is from Nov. 28 1st show.

Street Fighting Man on the Shot of Salvation CD is from Nov. 28 1st show.

Thanks Tornandfrayed for the corrections. I've updated the post above.

Posted by: Mister J ()
Date: December 6, 2009 20:03

midnrambler

Love In Vain (Baltimore 26) different mix, edit, missing one verse, correct announcement -> A Shot Of Salvation

complete version on Scorpio A Shot of Salvation.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 6, 2009 22:04

misterfrias
midnrambler

Stray Cat Blues: Music Baltimore 11/26/69, vocals overdubbed. Two musical "markers" were identified. Missing Turnaround Verse #4 ("It's no hangin' mat-tar..." ). A lessor possibility: 11/28/69 1st. This is noted due to the "Champaign Variation", which is a close approximation to "Ya-Ya's" lyrics, and therefore a possibility in a live '69 performance.

I have had many discussions with Chris: Stray Cat from Ya Ya's most definitively is NOT from Baltimore but from MSG 28/11 first.

Chris mainly listens to the vocals and not to the guitars, and there simply is no resemblence of Ya Ya's Stray Cat with the Baltimore Stray Cat.

Mathijs

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: December 6, 2009 23:36

thank you !!!

nice work.......

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 7, 2009 02:57

Mathijs
misterfrias
midnrambler

I have had many discussions with Chris: Stray Cat from Ya Ya's most definitively is NOT from Baltimore but from MSG 28/11 first.

Chris mainly listens to the vocals and not to the guitars, and there simply is no resemblence of Ya Ya's Stray Cat with the Baltimore Stray Cat.

Mathijs

yes - fully agreed...

good job MR..

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: December 7, 2009 03:47

Eleanor Rigby
Mathijs
misterfrias
midnrambler

Mathijs

yes - fully agreed...

good job MR..

The Ya-Yas vocals on this track are overdubbed.
If you listen in headphones you can just about hear the original live vocal in the background.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 7, 2009 12:26

With Satisfaction the first verse of 28-1 verision has been copied over as the first verse of the Gimme Shelter version, the rest of which is 28-2. I don't think the intro riff was copied over, it must have been the first verse part only, right up to the first break, after which it goes straight into the guitar solo. They dispensed with the second verse, however I think it was the right choice for the film as it gives a lot more momentum and drive to the song (and I always thought the Stones had not bothered to play the second verse on this show). This means there is no official release of both the first and second verses of the 28-2 show.

I have finally bought the deluxe Ya Ya's. It is of course great for what it is. After all all these years of watching/listening to Gimme Shelter and the original Ya-Ya's, it's great to have more footage and images of MSG...really evokes what it was like to have been there and the feel of the venue etc.

The BB King and Ike & Tina Turner tracks are great - however they have slapped a load of reverb/echo on the music, no doubt in order to "enchance" it...I wish they hadn't done this. I would have preferred the music to be a drier and more up front like the Stones' music. (A similar thing was done with the deluxe version of Janis Joplin's Pearl album - the live tracks on the second CD had a load of reverb added and they don't sound as good compared with the same live tracks on the Joplin Live album which have no added reverb).

Posted by: misterfrias ()
Date: December 7, 2009 14:18

Mathijs
misterfrias
midnrambler

Mathijs

Thanks for the clarification, Mathijs.

All I know is what I read on the Internet eye rolling smiley

Greetings from the Jersey Shore.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: December 7, 2009 17:59

street fighting man on "gimme shelter" after the voiceover from nov 28 2nd,,,

Posted by: FRANCKY ()
Date: December 7, 2009 18:48

Honky Tonk Women (27) -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate

This is wrong !
This track comes from 28th 1st show... Just listen both guitar solos...

All infos on artworks on VGP (F**ck) and DAC 092 (Broadway) are right

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: December 8, 2009 13:16

Love in vain from Shot of salvation:

unless I have a different version, it doesn't seems to me that there' one verse less. It's the complete LIV in the best audio.

Ok, just made a search. I have the Scorpio version including the whole version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-08 13:37 by straycat58.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: December 8, 2009 14:03

FRANCKY
Honky Tonk Women (27) -> Original Ya-Ya's, different mix -> Ya-Ya's acetate

This is wrong !
This track comes from 28th 1st show... Just listen both guitar solos...

It looks like the solos are different after a thorough listening. Well, Ya-Ya's HTW is then from 28th First show (and the solo also doesn't match 2nd show) although so long there's been info that it's taken from 27th.

Was it that the vocals of HTW were overdubbed in Ya-Ya's?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-08 14:09 by Single Malt.

Date: December 8, 2009 15:37

vocals are overdubbed in HTW on Ya yas...

what about the other soundboards of the Tour?
we have songs from Detroit, Oakland, Baltimore, Altamont from soundboard sources.
I might need to do some homework myself on this smiling smiley

Posted by: FRANCKY ()
Date: December 8, 2009 18:47

Vocals of HTW on the ya-ya's are overdubbed (Paris verse) with
the music from 28th First show (Not 27)

Date: December 8, 2009 19:31

Thanks for all the corrections! I've updated the original post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-08 19:31 by midnrambler.

Posted by: jjflash73 ()
Date: December 8, 2009 20:34

The post on 'Satisfaction' is very important to me. I have the version on the 'Baltimore and more' boot where the solo is after the first verse. This is my all-time favorite version. Is this a compilation of mixing or where is it from? NYC?
Help.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: December 9, 2009 15:54

jjflash73
The post on 'Satisfaction' is very important to me. I have the version on the 'Baltimore and more' boot where the solo is after the first verse. This is my all-time favorite version. Is this a compilation of mixing or where is it from? NYC?
Help.

My post above is only my theory. Maybe they did miss out the second verse on the 28-2 NYC version. Which performance is on your boot?

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: December 9, 2009 18:54

How do we know that much about 28-1? My understanding is that there is no boot from this show, just alternate mixes from Ya-Ya's.

Date: December 10, 2009 03:23

Happy Jack
How do we know that much about 28-1? My understanding is that there is no boot from this show, just alternate mixes from Ya-Ya's.

process of elimination...

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 10, 2009 03:56

jjflash73
Help.

I'm not sure I know what version you're describing -- I don't have "Baltimore and More," but it sounds like it might be the Gimme Shelter version, which is apparently edited from two shows. If your version also has a second solo later (in the normal spot), it's probably the one from Gimme Shelter. If not, I don't remember hearing it.

Date: December 12, 2009 12:06

Under my thumb from 27 november on Ya-Ya's bonus CD..

this sbd is missing two riffs in the intro. Compared with the audience reconrdings, the intro riff is played 4 times, while it's played only twice in the Ya-Ya's CD. At the end of I'm free, I'm not 100% sure about the spoken words and have impression one line (we've a good time) has been spliced from another show: need help to identify it.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-12 12:33 by straycat58.

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: December 12, 2009 12:48

straycat58
Under my thumb from 27 november on Ya-Ya's bonus CD..

this sbd is missing two riffs in the intro. Compared with the audience reconrdings, the intro riff is played 4 times, while it's played only twice in the Ya-Ya's CD. At the end of I'm free, I'm not 100% sure about the spoken words and have impression one line (we've a good time) has been spliced from another show: need help to identify it.

Well, you're right about that. Bootleg's version is played four times and Deluxe's only two. Verdammt!!!

Date: December 12, 2009 15:16

SATISFACTION:

One thing regarding SATISFACTION on the YA-YA DVD: I think the vocals have beed overdubbed in the first verse soon after the first solo.
If you listen to the audio of the NYC 27, Jagger makes an out of tune on the second "I can't get no" verse, which has been repaired on the DVD version at 3,05.

The version on Live in Baltimore % More: this is the "I give you no bullshit" version, i.e.: the 11-28 2nd.
The first verse only, until "useless information" is from November 27.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-13 18:19 by straycat58.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 12, 2009 18:01

Without having to pull out both sources, just to toss the question out to verify: is the RAGE b/w video of Little Queenie the Ya Yas or Gimme Shelter DVD bonus track?

J

Date: December 15, 2009 11:21

JMARKO
Without having to pull out both sources, just to toss the question out to verify: is the RAGE b/w video of Little Queenie the Ya Yas or Gimme Shelter DVD bonus track?

J

good question. What i do know is the music from the RAGE b/w Little Queenie is the music on the Ya Ya's official album. Ya Ya's has vocal overdubs.
Not sure if it's the same on the bonus GS extras...i'd have to check.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home