Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 16
Re: Ronnie arrested
Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:41

Lets all just hold our breath, and wait and see what transpires. I have a bad feeling about it, but he is innocent until proven guilty.

A couple of random thoughts spring to mind:
1] The stupid Black and Blue album advert with the "beaten up" models
2] The fact that everyone loves Ronnie - including the likes of Bob Dylan.

And, can I be the first to say that I hope she is ok and not injured. Noone else seems to have worried about that.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:44

ironbelly
turd
She also may have wanted to move her mother in - now that could have ended in murder.
Well... Move to her mother is not very russian style of life. You do not know russian woman. In Russia they have a saying for this case that translates like "if he bits me it means he loves me". Very Russian, very specific and very stupid. And believe me, russian woman used to tolerate drunk junkies and alcoholics. To be drunk and to bit woman under influence... that is not very unusual in Russia. Especially in rural regions. And Katya for sure came from one of those depressing post-Soviet region. So it is not all over now sad smiley

But I think Ronnie is way out of normal state. Maybe they would be able to cure him. However, knowing alcoholics (an in particular quite a few russian in person)
I doubt anyone could drag him back.

Soo true ironbelly, I have seen and known Russians up close, and I am sure you have many more stories. A very interesting dynamic, and a lot I don't understand. I guess a lot of Russian women feel a sense of being out for themselves, and a need to not be owned or bothered by anyone,

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:48

Good God...What a pathetic loser. More reasons NOT to see the next tour. His playing was bad enough.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:48

Mkjan---Never heard that one..

Date: December 3, 2009 20:54

hot stuff, I read an article in a legit paper with photos, of the girl and her mom. She is not allowed to talk about it, but the mother blabbed, said she was given an even million. I hope someone else on this board can recall this, and post something.

In any case, now as before, I never thought of Ronnie as a violent person so I hope this story has a good ending. This Russian girl could be ruthless, stopping at nothing to empower herself.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:55

black n blue
Is she Black and Blue from the one hit to the body

Gives new meaning to Street Fighting Man!

Y'know.........we've enough tunes here for a setlist on the next tour!!! And a pretty damn good one, too:

One Hit
Tie You Up (The Pain of Love)
Star Star
Biggest Mistake
Stop Breaking Down
Dear Doctor winking smiley
Let it Bleed
Crackin' Up
Sad Sad Sad
Wish I'd Never Met You
Midnight Rambler
Too Much Blood
Can I Get A Witness winking smiley
Sad Day
It Must Be Hell (to the BStage)
It's All Over Now
Please Go Home
Something Happened to me Yesterday
Pretty Beat Up (back to the main stage)
Mean Disposition
Street Fighting Man
Paint It, Black

encore
Saint of Me
Fingerprint File winking smiley

A very funk, Darryl Jones heavy set.......... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:56

MKjan
hot stuff, I read an article in a legit paper with photos, of the girl and her mom. She is not allowed to talk about it, but the mother blabbed, said she was given an even million. I hope someone else on this board can recall this, and post something.

In any case, now as before, I never thought of Ronnie as a violent person so I hope this story has a good ending. This Russian girl could be ruthless, stopping at nothing to empower herself.

I remember that story too, but dunno if there is still an article or anything up

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 3, 2009 20:57

>> Mkjan---Never heard that one. <<

here's an old thread about those allegations, which were not about violent behaviour: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-03 23:02 by with sssoul.

Posted by: clapton71 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:01

Sorry, Sid and Nancy.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:02

You forgot:

Had It With You

see ya Kat

Date: December 3, 2009 21:03

with sssoul
>> Mkjan---Never heard that one. <<

alleged sexual harrassment is not "sexual assault", and i hope MKjan will edit that post to correct that.

yeah, you are absolutely right sssoul, there is a very big difference, and I believe this incident was about harassment.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:03

Corrected.....

One Hit
Tie You Up (The Pain of Love)
Star Star
Biggest Mistake
Stop Breaking Down
Dear Doctor
Let it Bleed
Crackin' Up
Sad Sad Sad
Wish I'd Never Met You
Had it With You
Midnight Rambler
Too Much Blood
Can I Get A Witness
Sad Day
It Must Be Hell (to the BStage)
It's All Over Now
Please Go Home
Something Happened to me Yesterday
Pretty Beat Up (back to the main stage)
Mean Disposition
Street Fighting Man
Paint It, Black

encore
Saint of Me
Fingerprint File

Not sure if the boys could hold up for the length of this set though.....

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:05

ironbelly
turd
She also may have wanted to move her mother in - now that could have ended in murder.
Well... Move to her mother is not very russian style of life. You do not know russian woman. In Russia they have a saying for this case that translates like "if he bits me it means he loves me". Very Russian, very specific and very stupid. And believe me, russian woman used to tolerate drunk junkies and alcoholics. To be drunk and to bit woman under influence... that is not very unusual in Russia. Especially in rural regions. And Katya for sure came from one of those depressing post-Soviet region. So it is not all over now sad smiley

Well, I am Russian woman, so can say - yes, we are accustomed to drunkards, half of Russian men(and maybe two thirds of musicians and artists) drink heavily. And lots of women feel not angry but pity for them. And play strong part in family.
And yea, alas,some woman really repeat that "he beats-he loves",
But,as I heared, Ekaterina was brought up not in Russia,her family moved abroad taking her as a child. Isn`t it true?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:07

If I were a Russian woman, I'd be none too pleased about some of the wild generalizations being posted on here as if they were facts applying to all Russian women.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:07

I hate this, it's on every web site here in Croatia with the worst picture of him, like he's some sort of a maniac

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:09

Thank you with sssoul...Plus i don't know why the stones Org. with give anything to cover woodie for that..Did they payoff all the girls who had
problems with Brian, keith mick, bill wyman? NO---

Plus----The Stones would never want to get in a legal mess for one member..It would then become their problem.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:14

This is the reason why they need to get on tour now. Keith said it is the time between tours that is the problem. That's when he got bad habits. Ronnie have many bad habits too, but on tour Mick is big brother watching him so things are working better. Life is hard.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:21

kater-v
Is far as I recon the beginning of that story (very messy with a lot of unconfirmed reports) Katya came from Kirghizia with her mama. Her granny was also mentioned. But no word about father. So knowing the history of post-Soviet states you can model the situation.... Ivanov is not a family name for Kirghiz.

Beast
That was not a wild generalization. That is a kind of cultural tradition. Very barbaric, very uncivilized etc. But this tradition and preoccupation exists. And it is very strong especially in rural and depressed regions. You missed the point - women try to be strong, they feel pity and they try to keep their stupid drunk men alive.

I am sorry if I said something that harm you. In the US and in Europe things looks very different. But I was born in the USSR, I know the situation from inside. You can not even imagine a number of women over there who are bitten every day by their drunk husbands and never call police. The fact that Katya did that means she got something from western culture.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-03 21:24 by ironbelly.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:42

Story has now hit major U.S. media outlets including tabloid websites.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:48

in germany as well

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:51

Why does Kat have 2 black eyes?

Ronnie told you once and he told you twice...

Seriously though what Ronnie has done is wrong and I think that hitting a woman is not conduct befitting a gentleman.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: December 3, 2009 21:56

To those who make 1$ Jokes with this sad story Down in the hole fit better !

HMN

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:00

Little bit of interesting language. I'd be interested to hear what some legal experts have to say about the wording. Especially experts from UK as what I'm about to bring up is decidedly USA...

The AP is reporting "possible domestic assault".

In the US "Assault" is anything short of physical contact. If I swing at you and miss, it's assault. If I swing at you and connect, it's Assault & Battery. If I pick up a stick and threaten you with it and then drop it and walk away with out ever swinging it at you, I can still be charged with Assault but not with battery until I actually connect with you physically.

It was interesting to look up Assault and then Assault And Battery at Dictionary.com. Won't bore you with the results you can find it pretty easily.

I've never been to the UK. Maybe "Possible Domestic Assault" means he threatened to slam a door in her face? Maybe he swung at Kat, missed and hit the wall instead?

Unfortunately, those sarcastic ideas are probably the farthest from the truth of what happened. Let's just hope that if he did swing and connect he's able to convince the court of public appeal that it was as a result of drunkeness and she just happened to be in the way as he was falling down. Best case scenario that I can think of as I try to think like a lawyer/pr rep.

Is it just me or does it seem that the next tour just got farther away? Does is seem that there is now even more of a chance that they won't tour again as a result of the negative PR that will come out of this?

Prayers for Peace (among all men & women)
Mr DJA

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:02

The situation is very sad indeed.

...and all down to the demon alcohol.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:07

The reality is we don't really know any of these people and what they're like in their private lives...whether it be musicians, athletes, actors, etc. For me, it's rarely a surprise anymore when stuff like this happens.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:15

Who's Driving Your Plane?
I wonder what Cohl is doing today?

counting his money?

Date: December 3, 2009 22:16

Adrian-L

counting his money?

I hope he's not taking guitar lessons.

Posted by: boogie1969 ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:29

From what I've read she said he assaulted her, so it looks like the cops had to do their job based on the law. This doesn't mean he did or didn't do it, as of now it just means she's accusing him. I'm not excusing Ronnie, if either of them got physical with the other, it's wrong, but until the facts come out it sounds like they had a fight of some kind and he either hit her or she got pissed enough just to say he did.

Your all overreacting on how this will affect their future. I doubt the tour will be affected. It's months away, nothing has even been announced officially yet. Besides, the charge is assault not murder (or drug trafficking in Canada). I doubt whatever happened will result in jail, especially with the lawyers Ronnie has access to.

Regardless, I bet the Jag is pissed!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:33

Adrian-L

counting his money?
Yeah and figuring out how much of Ronnie's share he can take.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-03 22:33 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Javi ()
Date: December 3, 2009 22:34

Of course, I´m not sure about that incident BUT I never understood why a young woman (20) can "fall in love" (and have sex) with a rock star man FORTY YEARS OLDER. Well, yes, FOR MONEY. Bill Wyman knows what I mean. Ronnie isn´t a saint but... "This is too much for me".

Come on UP now Ronnie, let´s rock again! I´m with you.

And boys and girls of IORR: Don´t believe everything you read.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 16

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1779
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home