Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: stones should take mick taylor on tour.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 1, 2009 15:44

98% would not give one toss if Taylor joined them, 70% would ask who he
When do you people get this FACT is their heads??? Stop living in the past.[/quote]

As long as I play The Stones with MT..I listen in the present time cool smiley

I prefer a splendid Stones area above the the things they did afterwards..
Learn your classics boys!!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 1, 2009 16:01

ok , it won't happen, we all know that.
but it doesn't mean that it would be great if it happened.
Just listened to live village and live in osaka and m.t. is really
a great,great, great guitar player and he would add something more to the band.
that's it

Posted by: Pelle ()
Date: December 1, 2009 16:36

I wouldnt have anything against it if he was coming up on one song (midnight rambler?) as guest.. but I do think that they should to their farewell(?) tour together with bill wyman, that would really rock

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 1, 2009 17:31

i love this thread - we need more like it. i think we should have a daily new thread devoted to discussions pertaining to MT rejoining the band. maybe double dailies....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 1, 2009 17:34

squando, I am in a good mood. I just get totally mystified at these kinds of things. It's beyond not realistic. A few fans want this. A majority of the fans in Stones Land probably don't know who half the band is, yet alone the line up from 19whatever. It's no different than thinking the Stones will do a new album that is of the intensity and songwriting craft of Sticky Fingers or Beggars or Bleed etc. It's just not going to happen. The Stones themselves have never said 'This album is fantastic and our best since (name of album here)' unlike other bands. They just don't DO that.

Date: December 1, 2009 17:57

skipstone
The Stones themselves have never said 'This album is fantastic and our best since (name of album here)' unlike other bands. They just don't DO that.

actually, they have in some manner - on almost all of their most recent albums, too....

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 1, 2009 18:02

Hear me now and listen to me later people! If The Stones don't bring back Taylor for this supposed 2010 tour I Guarantee you it will end up in complete disaster. If Wyman won't come on board all we have to do is move Ronnie over to Bass (where he really belongs anyway) and let "his majesty" Mr. Taylor handle that guitar slot in his usual mind-boggling manner. Oh yeah, and if you REally want to turn some heads I think we get Billy Preston back on keyboards and Rocky Dijon back on congas. That's what this band Really needs to get it out of it's funk, a good conga player. Peace, out.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: December 1, 2009 18:04

The Stones themselves have? I can't recall any. Just critics/reviewers.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 1, 2009 18:09

olorin
No, the Stones shouldn't. Mick T. is not a RS anymore and he will never be again. No nostalgy please, he left more than 30 years ago.

The Stones is a nostalgy act these days,and the bulk of the material they play these days does come from Mick Taylor period. So I don't see any problem in this sense.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-01 18:10 by Doxa.

Date: December 1, 2009 18:10

skipstone
The Stones themselves have? I can't recall any. Just critics/reviewers.

yeah, they have. but then again, what are they supposed to say when they are trying to promote a new album? "hey, it's another piece of shite, just like the last one." don't think the company execs would approve of such honesty....

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 1, 2009 18:12

Duane said:

I think we get Billy Preston back on keyboards

Unfortunately, Billy Preston [RIP] passed away in 2006.

Date: December 1, 2009 18:17

Chris Fountain
Duane said:

I think we get Billy Preston back on keyboards

Unfortunately, Billy Preston [RIP] passed away in 2006.

this is where someone says something off-color like: but he probably plays no worse than the guitar players. glad it wasn't me....

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: December 1, 2009 18:41

Well, Iron Maiden's got three guitarists so why not? Of course Mick T coming back won't happen, I understand that and that's why I'm not that hopeful. I also don't care if MT's fat or not, it's the guitar playing that counts. I'm not sure what his standard is nowadays but back in 2003 he was still awsome. Three guitars could actually work because Keef and Ronnie have declined quite a lot during the last 10 years.

There are lots of bands where ex-members have come back so why some are thinking that "he was a Rolling Stone 35 years ago". Does that mean he can't re-join them? I'm afraid that if The Stones won't come up with something different, next tour will be in people's mouths: "oh no, not again" tour. To me they should go back to smaller venues and use a smaller stage. And get rid of those back-up singers. Let Keef and Ronnie do the singing once again. I've missed that since 1981-82 tours. But let's see what happens...

Date: December 1, 2009 18:47

single malt, eh? got any faves? like the islays much?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 1, 2009 18:50

1. It's interesting that the "anti-Taylor" folks here seem to think MT's being overweight is an issue, but seem not not mind a guitarist in the current lineup who is an apparently incurable alcoholic.

2. Taylor fans are accused of being nostalgic, when the Rolling Stones Inc. of the last several tours is about nothing more than raking in big bucks based on their brand, which means filling stadium seats mostly with people who only know the hits, and know little about the history of the group. In another words, they are marketing nostalgia.

3. The people here advocating Taylor joining for a tour are doing so because they want to see songs they love performed with the lineup that created them, not because they think it will sell more tickets (it won't). Many of us are desperate for the Stones to do something, anything, that challenges them and us, instead of giving us another stadium oldies show full of predictability, preening, and poor playing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-01 18:52 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 1, 2009 19:01

it's gonna be the same old song and dance (sorry joe perry and steven tyler).why would the stones have to change anything? the only way that would happen is if the stones could not pack em in the stadiums and arenas (i just had a deja vu of someone very close to me telling me that four years ago)the only thing that gets jagger/cohl attention how many fannies in the seats .to those expecting a new album good luck with that and if it happens well it will probably be a throw away as they say .more songs like rain fall down and streets of love .

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: December 1, 2009 19:02

Well, Scottish single malts all in all are great. Islay whiskies are great but I love others too...

Date: December 1, 2009 19:20

Single Malt
Well, Scottish single malts all in all are great. Islay whiskies are great but I love others too...

seems like most whisky lovers can't take the peat of the islays...i love 'em - ardbeg, lagavulin, laphroaig...in that order. cheers.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: December 1, 2009 19:29

"Unfortunately, Billy Preston [RIP] passed away in 2006."

OK...well...so.....Billy was never my first choice for keyboards anyway....so give me :

Nicky Hopkins or Stevie Wonder on keyboards
Bill or Ronnie on Bass
Ronnie on Pedal Steel
Rocky Dijon on congas and assorted percussion
and,
Marianne Faithful, Bianca Jagger and Anita Pallenberg on backing vocals (if any of them are dead replace them with Jerry Hall or Jo Wood)

There you go, the Concert Tour of the Decade !!!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 1, 2009 19:43

andrea66
ok , it won't happen, we all know that.
but it doesn't mean that it would be great if it happened.
Just listened to live village and live in osaka and m.t. is really
a great,great, great guitar player and he would add something more to the band.
that's it

Amen...nothing more, nothing less

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: December 1, 2009 19:59

Quote Duaine in Houston:-

"Unfortunately, Billy Preston [RIP] passed away in 2006."

OK...well...so.....Billy was never my first choice for keyboards anyway....so give me :

Nicky Hopkins or Stevie Wonder on keyboards
Bill or Ronnie on Bass
Ronnie on Pedal Steel
Rocky Dijon on congas and assorted percussion
and,
Marianne Faithful, Bianca Jagger and Anita Pallenberg on backing vocals (if any of them are dead replace them with Jerry Hall or Jo Wood)

There you go, the Concert Tour of the Decade !!!!"

Try again!

Nicky passed on - as did Rocky, I think.

Mick Taylor - It's never going to happen - not even for one song. Maybe Bill.

But a thread like this IS worthwhile - to read Tele71's contributions - esp. his reasonable 'outing' and 'righting' of the paranoid anti-Taylor factor.

ps they already have a third guitarist - who is likely to be more prominent on lead as well as rhythm next tour. He'll cover very well for the two clowns. He can also sing and hit things too - a role that Taylor wouldn't fulfil - or at least, he'd look rather odd doing so between Lisa and Bernard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-12-01 20:10 by Deluxtone.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 1, 2009 20:03

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: December 1, 2009 20:05

T&A
Single Malt

seems like most whisky lovers can't take the peat of the islays...i love 'em - ardbeg, lagavulin, laphroaig...in that order. cheers.

an ard bheag - 'the small height (hih point)'

lag a' mhuilein - the mill's hollow - i.e. the small dip/hollow where the mill is

'laphroaig' - hmmmm - more tricky .......

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: December 1, 2009 20:10

Maybe BV should declare these MT/BW threads as OT.

HEY, don't get upset...just joking!!!

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: December 1, 2009 20:11

--If they offered Taylor a million to tour, he'd be back down to 180 lbs in a moment. That's not an issue.

--No one can accuse Taylor of losing his chops in the same sentence with the words Ronnie Wood.

--I think we need to worry about the Stones principals going on tour much less Taylor or Wyman.

--After the release of the Beatles Anthology I, Pete Best became a millionaire 40 years after the fact. I wish the same for Taylor. He deserves it. Open the vaults, you @#$%&.

Good night.

Date: December 1, 2009 20:11

Smokey

Whose answer?

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: December 1, 2009 20:18

...in a word, yes.

Date: December 1, 2009 20:35

Barn Owl
...in a word, yes.

but owls don't utter words

try again!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: December 1, 2009 21:10

Adding Taylor to the current line-up certainly could not hurt the much maligned guitar section. Yes, much of the band's material is from the Taylor era, so it would be fitting. At this late date, neither Richards or Wood are going to improve their chops - neither seems particularly dedicated to their instrument. Anything that would improve the guitar sound of the Rolling Stones would be welcome - I will never understand the anti-Taylor sentiment. Whether or not Jagger or Richard would consent to the idea, has nothing to with the merit of the idea.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: December 1, 2009 22:06

Shawn20
Adding Taylor to the current line-up certainly could not hurt the much maligned guitar section. Yes, much of the band's material is from the Taylor era, so it would be fitting. At this late date, neither Richards or Wood are going to improve their chops - neither seems particularly dedicated to their instrument. Anything that would improve the guitar sound of the Rolling Stones would be welcome - I will never understand the anti-Taylor sentiment. Whether or not Jagger or Richard would consent to the idea, has nothing to with the merit of the idea.
so true,i think its funny when people say IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN as if its the end of the isreal/palestinian conflict.its a friggin rock band adding a much needed 3rd guitar.big deal,it means nothing in the real world.if the stones want to keep trying to fill out their weak guitar sound with a guy strumming an acoustic in the backround let em do it.as i've said before the stones aren't looking down from the mountain top anymore,they need some help.did the bigger bang record ever make it gold,by the way?last i heard it was stumbling along at about 300,000 copies sold,a sort of stones chinese democracy.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1905
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home