Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
What about new album?!?
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: November 30, 2009 19:08

...A couple of months ago Keef told that he was ready to record a new Stones studio album.One week ago a Canadian radio station told that Keef & Mick were writing new songs for a new studio album...Anybody know something about it?!?

P.S....I don't believe that they'll touring without new stuff (and I don't believe that the "New stuff" will be the Exile reissue...)

Re: What about new album?!?
Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: November 30, 2009 19:27

A lot of stuff's already been recorded.
There's work going on in France this very moment.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: November 30, 2009 19:27

1. Keith's always kinda "ready".
2. They're always in a kind of writting process
3. Remember Licks...a few new songs were enough to tour.

you never what happens until it does.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-30 19:28 by Roadster32.

Date: November 30, 2009 19:30

Addicted
A lot of stuff's already been recorded.
There's work going on in France this very moment.

Maybe some kind of renovation of Micks castle...but nothing more.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: November 30, 2009 19:44

I am sure,there will be another NEW Stones-album! not just 3 or 4 -new-ones, so completely new stuff. Think it will be in the stores August/Sept. 2010.--and Tour start Oct. 2010 in Germany.

under the boardwalk---down by the sea

Date: November 30, 2009 19:54

Havo
and Tour start Oct. 2010 in Germany.

Ridiculous...sorry

Date: November 30, 2009 20:10

Maybe fou you, Roadster ,its Ridic. But it is what I think. Germany is is the most importing Country in Europe for them. There will be NO Stadium-Gigs. 2011 they will rock the Us-South America--ASia, to come back 2012 to Europe And will end their Tour In London

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:12

See BV's comment in the Glastonbury thread - he hinted there is lots of recording done the last months. Just put it public guys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-30 20:19 by mtaylor.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:18

Thanks as always for sharing good information, Addicted. Are you able to say whether Don Was is producing? Do you know what happened to the tracks Jagger was working with Dave Stewart on the past couple of years? Thanks for anything you are able to share.

Date: November 30, 2009 20:37

Don't know who's producing, sorry! But I hear the album will - amongst other things - consist of some of the stuff Stewart & Jagger made in LA, and some stuff recorded in NY by the other glimmer - and some of his close pals. (Blondie Chaplin, among them, I believe)
A friend says Jagger and Richards have also written songs together. Haven't been able to have this confirmed.
Mick's working - RECORDING - in Paris now. Don't know which studio. Or who else is with him. Sorry.
Tour start is said to start EARLIER than Spetember 2010. That means you'll have to re-schedule your holidays - if you were planning to follow the tour.

Date: November 30, 2009 20:41

Thank you very much, Addicted! This is the best news I've read in a long time.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 30, 2009 20:42

my sources indicate that elton john is featured as the arranger/keyboardist...leavell has left the building....

Date: November 30, 2009 20:42

Think,theres something in the air tonight

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2009 21:22

Havo
Maybe fou you, Roadster ,its Ridic. But it is what I think. Germany is is the most importing Country in Europe for them. There will be NO Stadium-Gigs. 2011 they will rock the Us-South America--ASia, to come back 2012 to Europe And will end their Tour In London

1 visit to the US and two to Europe, then - with a five year break between their last tour in their biggest market and the next one?

Yep. That sounds likely .

Date: November 30, 2009 22:27

T&A
my sources indicate that elton john is featured as the arranger/keyboardist...leavell has left the building....

It's no big secret that Mick and Chuck get on well, and that Mick trusts Chuck when it comes to discussing the set lists, among other things. I very much doubt that Mick would replace Chuck with Sir Elton... (Elton - what kind of knowledge does he have about the Stones catalogue???)
And I am quite convinced that Keith would object strongly to this change. He might not be Chuck's biggest fan, but he dislikes Elton. It's the same thing with Keith and Blondie. Inseparable, but Mick might not be a big fan of Mr. Chaplin.
Just an observation... And I suspect I'm not the only one who's observed this.

Date: November 30, 2009 22:30

Addicted
T&A

It's no big secret that Mick and Chuck get on well, and that Mick trusts Chuck when it comes to discussing the set lists, among other things. I very much doubt that Mick would replace Chuck with Sir Elton... (Elton - what kind of knowledge does he have about the Stones catalogue???)
And I am quite convinced that Keith would object strongly to this change. He might not be Chuck's biggest fan, but he dislikes Elton. It's the same thing with Keith and Blondie. Inseparable, but Mick might not be a big fan of Mr. Chaplin.
Just an observation... And I suspect I'm not the only one who's observed this.

do you dare to discredit my highly credible sources?????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-30 22:33 by T&A.

Date: November 30, 2009 22:36

Er, no... but I have a strong feeling your sources might be pulling your leg, perhaps.
It sounds a little far fetched. And, if - God forbid - it is true, the rehearsal period would have to be extended with heaven knows how many weeks.

The possible gig at the Olympics in London in 2010 - with Elton John appearing as a guest - now that's another thing. But for the entire tour? Probably not.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 30, 2009 22:38

Mick's working - RECORDING - in Paris now.

SWAY!!!!! ........ HONESTMAN!!!! .... Get the first train ta Paris ....

ROCKMAN

Date: November 30, 2009 22:40

and, keith and elton will sit side by side on the piano bench and do a series of well-chosen duets, guaranteed to raise a smile...

Date: November 30, 2009 22:40

And hit the bar at the George V...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 30, 2009 22:42

Addicted
Er, no... but I have a strong feeling your sources might be pulling your leg, perhaps.
It sounds a little far fetched. And, if - God forbid - it is true, the rehearsal period would have to be extended with heaven knows how many weeks.

The possible gig at the Olympics in London in 2010 - with Elton John appearing as a guest - now that's another thing. But for the entire tour? Probably not.

I would really like to trust what you seem to know about the Stones, but then again you are so naive and you don't seem to get that T&A is so obviously just kidding?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 30, 2009 22:58

That sounds like good news, but where are Ronnie and Charlie?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 30, 2009 23:07

A Bigger Bang was recorded totally secret. As long as they stay private and not in hotels we would have no idea where they are and what they do. Luckily they do still have a minimum of privacy. I do only have vague undocumented info about studio works but when this info is coming in from various places and with a minimum of sense then it is safe to add it all up to some more solid info eventually. The reason why I can not just spell it loud is simply because people read too much between lines and also they don't see the difference in undocumented strong rumours and facts.

Bjornulf

Date: November 30, 2009 23:16

The other problem is the backlash when spoilers like this don't pan out and people's credibility takes a hit. At their ages, I don't take anything as a guarantee until the record label announces it or there is a press conference, but its nice to hear this news nonetheless. Hopefully we get a new CD next year. If not, no bad will from me toward you or Addicted. You're just passing on what you've heard. There are never any guarantees.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 30, 2009 23:50

........Let's drink to the hard working people.......

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 30, 2009 23:58

<< I hear the album will - amongst other things - consist of some of the stuff Stewart & Jagger made in LA, and some stuff recorded in NY by the other glimmer - and some of his close pals. (Blondie Chaplin, among them, I believe) >>

Don't know if I like the sound of this - separate MJ & KR sessions. Could be the recipe for another Dirty Work.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 1, 2009 00:06

I know the stones feel the need to put out new stuff to justify going on tour , but is it really worth the effort these days? lets be honest

Date: December 1, 2009 00:08

<< is it really worth the effort these days? lets be honest >>

No...But I'll probably buy it anyway. I got suckered into purchasing ABB, all excited about it's back-to-basics minimalism. Only one problem: The songs sucked.

Posted by: guyrachel ()
Date: December 1, 2009 00:44

i love abb very much, it's up there for me, but not for you

Date: December 1, 2009 00:47

<< i love abb very much, it's up there for me, but not for you >>

It was worth the price of admission just to hear MJ on slide guitar and bass. Maybe he'll play drums next time.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2007
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home