Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What Is the Rattlesnake Inn?
Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 4, 2006 05:23

Ive heard this place talked about before what exaclty is it?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-04 05:25 by ryanpow.

Re: What Is the Rattlesnake Inn?
Date: October 4, 2006 05:36

it seems like its the name given to whatever hotel the stones stay at?

Date: October 4, 2006 05:37

I know that they call Keiths Room Camp X-Ray.

Oh well, I'm out.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 4, 2006 05:38

Ya need a special pass to get in....meal
and drinks supplied...Stones people/families
hang out there before the show and occasionally
some of the Stones...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 4, 2006 08:05

i think it's basically backstage - the area where the food and games are. the stones have their own spaces (like x-ray) with tighter security. i was supposed to go at churchill but i never got the call...bummer...

i've only been backstage for the dead and jackson browne (oh yeah, and megadeth - don't ask). i had very easy access to all those guys.

i had to get out of jerry garcia's way at a new year's show in '86 - he was huge and had huge body guards. bob weir and i just stood and stared at each other...kind of uncomfortable.

one thing i'd like to ask about rattlesnake: can you see the stones walk out on stage before the show or do they clear you out?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 4, 2006 08:23

Clear you out....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shidoobee ()
Date: October 4, 2006 08:44

The Rattlesnake Inn is different from show to show. But the 3 snake-parties I've been to, we've been asked to leave at 8 pm, more than one hour before showstart. And then after the show - one can hang out there again.
One funny thing happened at the Rattlesnake Inn in Bergen, Norway, though. The Stones bring their own cook, but locals are also hired to assist. In Bergen one of the local bakers had the "brilliant idea" to make huge pastries, covered with marsipan. And with a photo of each Stones member printed in the marcipan... Quite vivid. Even though everyone in the Rattlesnake Inn (actually inside the Museum of Defence) knew these cakes would probably taste fantastic (they always do!), nobody had the nerve to grab the kniife and "open" up the cake. Very funny standing there, looking at people - urging for cake. But something stopped them. Great idea for a diet, yes?

Date: October 4, 2006 12:27

A security guy hollered out, "The Rattlesnake Inn is now closed". That was at 7:30 PM, about an hour before show-time.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: October 4, 2006 13:55

In Louisville the Inn closed before the Stones set about the time the On Stage people were coming back.

We fought 30 minutes through the rain and massive crowd to get back there again only to find that out and barely got back for JJF. Live and learn.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 4, 2006 16:33

Keith is in charge of naming the backstage area they use for the band, friends and family, not to be confused with his dressing room, which used to be called The Tuning Room and now is Camp XRay.

The most famous name is probably the Voodoo Lounge, and many know the name Shebeen. Rattlesnake Inn came to be as a result of a song off Warren Zevon's last album where he sings:

I was working on a steak the other day
I saw Waddy in the Rattlesnake Cafe
Dressed in black, tossing back a shot of rye
Finding things to do in Denver when you die

John

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: October 4, 2006 16:53

its a vip area not to be confused with backstage, although it is usually behind the stage

OLDKR

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2233
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home