Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

THE Memory Motel
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 3, 2006 16:52

Anyone ever been there? I just spent the weekend in Montauk and ended up for much of both nights in there.

The walls are covered with Stones memorabilia, though not too much rare stuff.

I tried to get a t-shirt. but they were out. the owner/manager promised to send me one, what do you rthink the chances I will see that are?

Ona seperate note, I thought the Stone sounded great last week in NY and there were enough changes in the set list to keep me happy.

Re: THE Memory Motel
Posted by: Rev. Robert W. ()
Date: October 3, 2006 17:17

I live about ten miles east of the Memory and all of its seedy charm.

It's mind-blowing to think about how quiet and remote the Montauk of 1975 was for the Stones. The Warhol/Morissey estate, especially, gives one the feeling of being at the end of the Earth...I love all the shots of the band in the kitchen there or out front or facing the sea.

I went to the second Boston show in January and when the boys broke out "MM," they showed a photo of the old joint on the screen behind the band. Good for a little chuckle from any Hamptons/Montauk folks in the audience.

A plug: When in Montauk, be sure to visit Joni's on South Edison for excellent sandwiches, salads and wraps. The owner is one of the world's great beauties (both physically and spiritually) and the iPod that supplies the house's music was filled by a Stones lunatic--me. It's "Rev. Radio" and very heavy on Mick'n'Keith and related gems...

Re: THE Memory Motel
Posted by: IgotDbluez ()
Date: October 3, 2006 18:17

A good friend of mine gave me a Memory Motel t-shirt for my birthday a few years back.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1830
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home