Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sway in Boston?
Posted by: IheartKeith ()
Date: September 9, 2006 05:29

Do you think they'll do Sway in Boston, since it seemed more of a regular in Europe? Am I crazy for thinking that? It doesn't seem out of order.

Re: Sway in Boston?
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 9, 2006 05:31

I'd say its a cast iron certainty as they'll be aware (through Chuck) that it hasnt been played at any of the 4 boston shows to date and they'll want to shake the show up from last time as much as is feasible. Expect SOL as well for the same reason.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: September 9, 2006 05:32

Absolutely, four shows in Boston last year and they did not play it. So they will throw it in this time.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 9, 2006 06:52

to bad no one will be there to see it, lol

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 9, 2006 11:05

Gazza Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd say its a cast iron certainty as they'll be aware (through Chuck) that it hasnt been played at any of the 4 boston shows to date and they'll want to shake the show up from last time as much as is feasible. Expect SOL as well for the same reason.

Most likely. Also Ruby Tuesday, Slipping Away and Before They Make Me Run. Regular songs on the European leg, but neither have been played in Boston this tour.

Date: September 9, 2006 17:03

Tsk, Tsk; Shame on you, melillo.

What an awful thing to say.

I prefer to think of the lackluster turnout as karma winking and calling out to broke ass stones fans like me, who were just waiting for a cheap trip to come around. (Though, I can't complain; I am getting to see the tour twice more this leg!)

Focus on the positive, my friend!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: September 9, 2006 17:16

yeah but i dont want the stones to be humiliated in an empty stadium

Date: September 9, 2006 17:24

Gazza Wrote:
> I'd say its a cast iron certainty as they'll be
> aware (through Chuck) that it hasnt been played at
> any of the 4 boston shows to date and they'll want
> to shake the show up from last time as much as is
> feasible. Expect SOL as well for the same reason.

We would expect this to be the case but,as much as they talk about looking for different songs,they don't always do a good job in that area.For example,why did they play Ruby Tuesday once again in London instead of As Tears Go By?

Date: September 9, 2006 17:37

erikjjf Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Also Ruby Tuesday, Slipping Away and
> Before They Make Me Run. Regular songs on the
> European leg, but neither have been played in
> Boston this tour.

That would be taking the easy way out.Slipping Away and Before They Make Me Run were KR's two songs the only other time the Stones played in Gillette Stadium,September 2002.Slipping Away was also played at both of the other two Boston 2002 shows.Ruby Tuesday was done not too far away in East Hartford 2005.Before They Make Me Run was played in Boston '99 (I won't even mention '94 or '89) and 2003 as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-09 17:43 by Theif in the Night.

Date: September 9, 2006 22:17

I'm being selfish, though. I, being a relatively infant stones fan myself, have never seen Keith do BTMMR, so I want him to play it. I would love to see little T&A ass well. I would LOOOOOOVE to see Worried About You. CYHMK, woudln't that be lovely......

You guys go on while I daydream......

Date: September 10, 2006 19:09

I have a feeling that It's All Over Now has a shot.It was rehearsed in January and it wasn't added to the 1994 set lists until after they had already played the area.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 10, 2006 19:12

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> Gazza Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'd say its a cast iron certainty as they'll be
> > aware (through Chuck) that it hasnt been played
> at
> > any of the 4 boston shows to date and they'll
> want
> > to shake the show up from last time as much as
> is
> > feasible. Expect SOL as well for the same
> reason.
>
>
> We would expect this to be the case but,as much
> as they talk about looking for different
> songs,they don't always do a good job in that
> area.For example,why did they play Ruby Tuesday
> once again in London instead of As Tears Go By?

"Once again"? They only did Ruby Tuesday at one of the London shows. I expected As tears Go By but the reason they didnt play it on the 2nd night was quite obviously to do with Mick's voice. The setlist for that show was designed for that purpose. They didnt do any ballads at all that night.

Date: September 11, 2006 06:02

What I meant was that,if they were only going to play one ballad between the two shows,As Tears Go By would have seemed like a better idea because it had not been played in London since the '60's.Ruby Tuesday was played there in 1990 and in 1999.I suppose the condition of Jagger's voice could have been a factor but,from time to time they have been known to repeat non-warhorses in given cities.More examples off the top of my head are Dead Flowers in Houston and Respectable in Boston.I don't see why they repeat these songs when there are other songs that they do which would be different for these cities.Why did they play Bitch instead of Heartbreaker at the '05 Chicago concert?At the time they were playing both of these songs.Bitch had already been done there in 1997(both shows),1999,and in 2003,Heartbreaker has not been played there at all but,they went with Bitch again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-11 06:24 by Theif in the Night.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: September 11, 2006 06:38

Theif in the Night Wrote:
> but,they went with Bitch
> again.

the stones weren't the only ones who went with 'bitch' (ing) again winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home