Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Stones' "Wild Horses" Re-released
Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: November 20, 2009 21:56

'Due to massive public interest generated by Susan Boyle's cover version of the song, Polydor have quietly released a digital EP featuring a re-mastered version of Wild Horses, as well as the version from Stripped and a live video taken from Knebworth 2006.'

It's officially released on the 23rd but is already available on iTunes here: [itunes.apple.com]

Found this on the Shidoobee website. "Knebworth 2006 ??!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-20 22:20 by Harlem Shuffler.

Re: Stones' "Wild Horses" Re-released
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:00

Would have been nice if the version from Shine A Light had been included. Still, perhaps the younger generation will come to know who actually wrote it!

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:31

That's a sensation (for me)!!! I was in Knebworth 34 years ago ... 3rd row ... and this is the FIRST OFFICIAL release of the PROSHOT-Recording!!! So please: publish the WHOLE CONCERT!!!

Date: November 20, 2009 23:32

... sorry: 33 years ago.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:36

Wild Horses is in Shine A Light?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:40

skipstone
Wild Horses is in Shine A Light?

Instrumental rehearsal version in the closing credits.

Date: November 20, 2009 23:42

Oh. I guess it wasn't that memorable for me.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 20, 2009 23:45

Will this have a physical (ie CD) release?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 21, 2009 01:46

This is the first time, a part of the PROSHOT video of the KNEBWORTH concert is published ... vision and sound are so much better than the bootlegs ... amazing!!!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 21, 2009 02:02

skipstone
Oh. I guess it wasn't that memorable for me.

Me neither. lol! I was gonna say....

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: November 21, 2009 02:10

This obviously means they are playing with the film, it's catalogued etc.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: November 21, 2009 09:56

The Stripped version is far out better than any other version in my opinion.
Such great feel and sound. Jagger's really working on the vocals.

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2009 12:36

So it goes: The Stones 'using' the obscure success of some 'talent show nobody' (Sorry all Boyle fans but that's how it is) to sell few more copies. Awhile ago we were wondering what Mick might think about Susan's version. Now we see the results. Waiting for the duets to come... Dignity...

Anyway, I hope all the susans and justins and britneys of the world to cover as much old Stones tunes as possible if this is the only way to get the vaults opened...grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 21, 2009 12:51

She'll be dueting on Gimme Shelter on the next tour............NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SC UK

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 21, 2009 20:46

straycatuk
She'll be dueting on Gimme Shelter on the next tour............NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

SC UK
Well, she isn't pretty but she can sing...

Date: November 21, 2009 21:04

I find the Stripped version to be quite lame actually. Mick's singing is too affected. To me, this is a song the should never do live. The original version is simply outstanding.

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: November 22, 2009 02:51

I died a little inside when i heard the Susan Boyle version...

What's worse is the number of people on YouTube saying her version is BETTER than the Stones' - what kind of a world do we live in?!?

Date: November 22, 2009 03:22

It's youtube. What do you expect? It's gone down hill.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 22, 2009 03:30

If somebody downloaded that Knebworth 1976 version, could they please upload it to youtube....or something?
The thing is, that I would be really surprised if Rolling Stones got this "Wild Horses"-footage from anywhere but the bootleg-DVDs.....it would be a great and unsuspected surprise if they really had these video-reels in their vaults.....but I doubt they do

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: November 22, 2009 05:31

LastStopThisTown
I died a little inside when i heard the Susan Boyle version...

What's worse is the number of people on YouTube saying her version is BETTER than the Stones' - what kind of a world do we live in?!?

It's all subjective...

I think her version is fantastic...a great rendition..and some of the Stones adorers on this board should be glad she did a Stones cover as it actually gives this classic song some recognition...as this thread suggests.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 22, 2009 11:11

Erik_Snow
If somebody downloaded that Knebworth 1976 version, could they please upload it to youtube....or something?
The thing is, that I would be really surprised if Rolling Stones got this "Wild Horses"-footage from anywhere but the bootleg-DVDs.....it would be a great and unsuspected surprise if they really had these video-reels in their vaults.....but I doubt they do

There is no doubt the Stones have the footage in their vaults as in the end, the footage we have is copied from the original footage owned by the Stones. There's many shows video taped for their own use that have leaked to be botlegged, like LA 75, Fort Worth 78, Seattle 81.

Mathijs

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 22, 2009 12:00

There is a small preview of the clip on itunes.The picture quality seems a touch better but it's difficult to tell if the audio is any different.

If it is from the 'vaults' then would it be the first 70's era unreleased footage to get an official release?I can't think of another example,apart from a few incomplete clips in documentarys.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-22 12:26 by still ill.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: November 22, 2009 12:14

would buy it if they chose to release it not only on itunes...

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 22, 2009 21:01

It is not available on USA itunessad smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 22, 2009 21:26

Mathijs
Erik_Snow

There is no doubt the Stones have the footage in their vaults as in the end, the footage we have is copied from the original footage owned by the Stones. There's many shows video taped for their own use that have leaked to be botlegged, like LA 75, Fort Worth 78, Seattle 81.

Mathijs

Oh yes they probably have (or "have had" ) a lot of stuff in their vaults - but I meant that it would be a surprise if they went to their vaults just to get this downloadable "Wild Horses" footage.....seems so much easier for them to just make a copy of the bootleg-DVD.....it's just a "bonus-track" on a ipod-download anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-22 21:28 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 22, 2009 21:47

The Stones DON'T have the 78 Ft Worth complete footage because they wouldnt cough up the money for it! The 75 LA was done for an in house closed cicuit feed (what I was told by reliable souces) although I'm sure they got a copy if they wanted. BUT whatever exists I think Bill Wyman would be the most dependable source!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 23, 2009 03:20

scottkeef
BUT whatever exists I think Bill Wyman would be the most dependable source!

Bill might know what does exist, but it looks like that the only key to open the vaults is owned by Mick. If I remember right Bill has even stated this in several occasions when the 'old' stuff is discussed. Of course, Jagger is the leader of the band, but I have never quite undertood how come he and only he have such a big say into that policy to teh effect that all the rest, even Keith, sound to be totally powerless. Maybe Keith and Charlie 'don't care', and Bill's been out for years, and Ronnie is a puppet, but does Mick have actually some kind of veto right here? Or do the others just trust so much to his judgements that they let him decide from their behalf??

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-23 03:23 by Doxa.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 23, 2009 11:48

Weird to think that Mick and Keith as songwriters are likely to score their biggest commercial chart hit since at least Start Me Up through a middle aged lady from Scotland. Saw Susan Boyle being given a hero's welcome in America on TV this morning. Good for her and doubly so for choosing such an excellent song to launch her career. Expect Wild Horses to be on next year's Stones' setlist.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 23, 2009 12:04

Silver Dagger
Weird to think that Mick and Keith as songwriters are likely to score their biggest commercial chart hit since at least Start Me Up through a middle aged lady from Scotland. Saw Susan Boyle being given a hero's welcome in America on TV this morning. Good for her and doubly so for choosing such an excellent song to launch her career. Expect Wild Horses to be on next year's Stones' setlist.

Well, Chuck Berry, Muddy Waters etc. scored their biggest commercial chart hits through a group of English teenagers ... so it all goes round circles!

C

Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: November 23, 2009 13:51

...Anybody here knows if this is (gonna be?) an actual, 'physical' release or not??
I mean, will we be able to buy a CD in stores and/or via mailorder, or will this be limited to purely downloadable stuff!??

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1982
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home