Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Middle East Crisis - How Freaked out are you?
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:00

I KNOW this isn't about the Stones or Music but it is about a World Event (Like the World Cup only very negative) and I'm sure it's on many peoples minds. I just wanted to know how worried IORR members are (especially Europeans) since they're playing it here in the US 24/7 and the whole situation is scareing the S**t out of me. I've been hearing the words "World War III" much too often. This is the first time I can recall in my lifetime that the USA hasn't rushed to a major world problem with diplomacy within HOURS. Condi Rice is leaving Sunday night and only meeting leaders from Israel and Palestine - no Lebanon, no Syria - I find that very strange and pointless. So what is the European press saying? What are your thoughts? (if you're against this thread just be cool and skip it without any snide remarks. Some of us are really worried.The images I'm seeing on TV are HORRIBLE. thanks Mcool smiley

Re: OT: Middle East Crisis - How Freaked out are you?
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:10

On BBC news today we saw a family from Beirut. An educated couple, decent law abiding people. Their house and car were bombed. In a few days their little son expects a new sibling. Which will be born a refugee, as they are forced to leave their home. I hope they will be able to find the strength to pull through this. And all the other innocent people caught up in other peoples war. Love and light.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:15

I know, all these stories and images are just HORRIBLE. I just don't understand why more isn't being down to stop it - where's the LEADERSHIP !?!?!. It's just UNBELIEVABLE !!! SO DEPRESSING AND SAD....

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:33

Well, as far as I'm concerned, there's no war going on at all. I'm not interessted. I don't have anything to do with it. I see no use in following it. I just came back from a nice holiday and I have a Stones concert to look forward to, I'm happy and I couldn't care less abnout the rest of the world!! Like Julian Sas, a dutch blues musician signs, "I know what I want, and that's all I need to know"!! So.. crisisses, no thanks.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:35

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know, all these stories and images are just
> HORRIBLE. I just don't understand why more isn't
> being down to stop it - where's the LEADERSHIP
> !?!?!. It's just UNBELIEVABLE !!! SO DEPRESSING
> AND SAD....

Yes it is..and sad is the times we live in..soon things get even more bad...it seems like things have to go very..very wrong..before something goods happen..the weapon industry is having the dollars...we are in this..progaganda machine..and..everyday people get raped ...killed..in babylon...This war is wrong..and.its getting worser by the day!!!Everydayso much..people die...we aint shocked anymore..and than it comes close...and suddenly we are disgusted...what a sick ..money..political world this is..no one care s anymore...ahhhh the sixties...the seventies..earlyeighties...people would...fight against it..now we only fight about set-list...thanks for your post...mick!!!You got the spirit!Grazy horses!!!

Date: July 22, 2006 23:37

Lizard Wrote:
> Well, as far as I'm concerned, there's no war
> going on at all. I'm not interessted. I don't have
> anything to do with it. I see no use in following
> it. I just came back from a nice holiday and I
> have a Stones concert to look forward to, I'm
> happy and I couldn't care less abnout the rest of
> the world!! Like Julian Sas, a dutch blues
> musician signs, "I know what I want, and that's
> all I need to know"!! So.. crisisses, no thanks.

Like in the 30ties...right...

Date: July 22, 2006 23:38

rooster Wrote:
> Like in the 30ties...right...

I know, but give me one good reason to want to know ANYTHING about it.

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:41

MicksBrain Wrote:
> I know, all these stories and images are just
> HORRIBLE. I just don't understand why more isn't
> being down to stop it - where's the LEADERSHIP
> !?!?!. It's just UNBELIEVABLE !!! SO DEPRESSING
> AND SAD....

We have no leadership and have had none for the last 6 years. Bush is going to allow (look the other way) israel to destory hezbollah miliants one way or another and use the excuse they have the right to protect their country, which they do, but they have gone way way pass the protection part. Bush is leading our country down a very scary road. If Iraq decided to help the miliants this could expolde. And i'll bet the house if they get involded it wont be long before north korea jumps in.

Another thing this thread most likely will be removed real fast. LOL

Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:44

This ain't gonna be World War 3. And some of you weenies here need to understand that what Israel is doing is self-preservation, and needs to be done. It's overdue, in fact.

Israel is going to kick some ass, and deservedly so, and they are going to clean up the cesspool that is Lebanon, particularly southern Lebanon. Yes, some innocent people are going to get hurt, but those innocent people have looked the other way while Hezbollah and the Iranians and the Syrians prepared for war. And provoked Israel.

Israel withdrew from Gaza, and the Palestinians had a chance to establish a democratic state that respected its neighbors. Instead the residents elected Hamas, committed to wiping Israel from the map. Iran decided to flex its muscle, and prodded their puppets at Hezbollah to start firing rockets and seizing Israeli soldiers.

There's a lot of wimpy hand-wringing going on here, but I for one am glad Israel is cleaning up the terrorist messes that they've tried to ignore the last decade.

Date: July 22, 2006 23:46

Lizard Wrote:
> rooster Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Like in the 30ties...right...
>
> I know, but give me one good reason to want to
> know ANYTHING about it.

Just care..for people...one world remember....that alone should be enough for you to care about it...just feeling...like you feel music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-07-22 23:48 by rooster.

Date: July 22, 2006 23:49

rooster Wrote:
> Just care..for people...one world remember....that
> alone should be enough for you to care about
> it...just feeling...like you feel music.

I need to feel the music and nothing else.. nobody feel me, I feel nobody.. fine with me.

Posted by: highanddry ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:51

Rolling1 Wrote:

> We have no leadership and have had none for the
> last 6 years. Bush is going to allow (look the
> other way) israel to destory hezbollah miliants
> one way or another and use the excuse they have
> the right to protect their country, which they do,
> but they have gone way way pass the protection
> part.

Rolling1, you may not like it, but George Bush looking the other way on this one and allowing Israel to do this is absolutely demonstrating leadership.

And it's naive to think that Israel needs George Bush's permission to protect itself. They never have needed U.S. permission, and they aren't about to start now.

God bless Israel.

Date: July 22, 2006 23:54

Lizard Wrote:
> rooster Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just care..for people...one world
> remember....that
> > alone should be enough for you to care about
> > it...just feeling...like you feel music.
>
> I need to feel the music and nothing else.. nobody
> feel me, I feel nobody.. fine with me.

Its not wrong..to think and feel..you are a part of this world..you should care..thats what is happening....Do you rememer the times people did care?Did you ever thought about...the pain???

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 22, 2006 23:55

Political post. Impossible to discuss without starting a war and getting personal here on IORR. Please do NOT post politcal posts. Thank you.

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home