Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Need info about Bergen tickets
Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 20, 2006 18:05

Just bought a ticket for Bergen show for a friend. I says "Hovedområde A" but it also contains "rad 24, plass 867". Bought it on qxl.no for 2050 NOK.

Can't my friend stand together with me at the "floor"?

I heard there is only one entrance in Bergen...

Or do I have to buy another one which hasn't the seat info, like mine?

Re: Need info about Bergen tickets
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: June 20, 2006 18:07

Posted by: Tekumseh ()
Date: June 20, 2006 18:14

Thanks, The Worst!

Ain't it funny. I oversaw something in that thread too, and now I'm falling into the same trap again.

Is there any miracle pill to get my brain working better? I haven't even fallen down from coconut trees...

So there is no seats! That's good news.
And the Gold Circle will be on both sides.
Like I've said before, I hope it won't cover the whole area between main stage and b-stage.

Maybe it's time for bergenlive.no to ad a correct map?

Date: June 20, 2006 18:32

It will be a fantastic show. Only 20, 000 people. The show and the stage are designed for huge stadium crowds, so it will be very intimate. I have same tickets as you, Hovedområde A (main area A) - if you show up early you will have a great view. See you there!

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 20, 2006 19:20

Tekumseh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Is there any miracle pill to get my brain working
> better?

Just listen to " Laugh I Nearly Died ". Recommended dosage is 3 times per day at regular space in time.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: June 21, 2006 18:00

I have row 24 on the tickets myself, but luckily found out via BV that it was a mistake by Posten. Cannot say how happy I am - no seats! Yiiiha! Ses der, folkens. :-)

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 21, 2006 18:02

And we all be singin´in the rain smiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: June 22, 2006 00:11

It will be sunny Vilhelm! Have a feeling the weather, and the gig of course, will be fantastic. It's a well known myth it's so rainy in Bergen, but 1st september can be hot and sunny. Don't care about the myth!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 22, 2006 00:27

The Worst. Wrote:
> It will be sunny Vilhelm! Have a feeling the
> weather, and the gig of course, will be fantastic.
> It's a well known myth it's so rainy in Bergen,
> but 1st september can be hot and sunny. Don't care
> about the myth!

Bergen is the only city I've been in, with automatic umbrella-machines on the sidewalks. Put on some money, and .... you have an umbrella.

Date: June 22, 2006 00:33

But umbrellas are not allowed inside the concert area, so there is no other solution than sunny weather. By the way, my mother is from Bergen - been there many times. Some times it's rainy, sometimes it's sunny. Just like London in fact.

Date: June 22, 2006 00:36

Ther eis only one entrance to bergen - via the sea

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: June 22, 2006 00:55

Pam & I went to Bergen 2 weekends ago for the show and nobody turned up, so they rearranged it for September. Now we've got to go back again.

Site is superb, v. small and intimate. Bergen is a great City, but very expensive...68 Krowns for a pint of beer (£7), 100 Krowns for fish & chips !!
Madame Fell is nearest good bar, also thre Irish bar on the quay by the fish market but after the gig it may be better to try further afield. The Scotsman (near Ricks, where the Midnight Ramblers played) is a good bet.

Weather-wise, we left boiling hot London to arive in wet & windy Bergen, but the weather changed almost every day within hours, we had glorious weather the Saturday and then, back to cold again. Odd thing for us was walking around at midnight in twilight !!

I guess the gig in September will now be in the dark rather than daylight. Could work out better as long as it doesn't pee down with rain, but in Bergen that's far from gauranteed.

We have Gold Circle (=FOS) tickets for this and "Wild Horses wouldn't drag me away" from this one. It's going to be the best of the tour !!!!!

See you there,

Chris & Pam

Date: June 22, 2006 01:28

chriseganstar Wrote:

>
> I guess the gig in September will now be in the
> dark rather than daylight. Could work out better
> as long as it doesn't pee down with rain, but in
> Bergen that's far from gauranteed.
>

During the summertime it's very, very light in Norway (from early june to early september), so the Bergen gig will kick off in almost full daylight. In the northern parts of the country, the sun never goes down - the midnight sun.
Wich is good; They have to work hard to deliver, without so much help from the show. I think it will be one of the best concerts during the tour: So small and intimate, and in the light sun they have to trust their own skills way before the show.

BTW, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Bergen.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: June 22, 2006 12:32

Bergen is a very nice city, I was there just a few days after the show should have been. It will probably be as The Worst says, not dark at all! And if it should rain, as it often does in Bergen, I have my rain poncho with the B2B tongue on it! :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1478
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home