Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Twickenham tickets through Ticketmaster for overseas buyers
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 21, 2006 14:47

I just spoke with customer services (jesus - what a bloody performance to get through to someone ??) and pointed out that there is a facility for tickets to be mailed out to overseas buyers for the Stones at Glasgow, Sheffield & Cardiff - but NOT for Twickers. I have been given an assurance that the deficiency has been noted and is being worked on as I write. If that is true, you SHOULD see the option come up at the point of purchase in a day or two - don't know how long it'll take them to configure it on the relevant page.

Anyone that actually manages to get through the maze of "options" and speak to a real live breathing human being deserves a sodding medal I think, so I've just awarded myself one. And they call this progress ??????????????

Mutter mutter !!

Re: Twickenham tickets through Ticketmaster for overseas buyers
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 21, 2006 14:54

wow, on behalf of Stones Fans from Elsewhere: thank you!
that was really *really* a righteous thing you did there.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: June 21, 2006 15:07

with sssoul Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow, on behalf of Stones Fans from Elsewhere:
> thank you!
> that was really *really* a righteous thing you did
> there.

Seeing is believing. Let the option appear there first, and then you can thank me. I understand the frustration, all I've got to do is remind myself of what it was like trying to buy tickets for MSG in NY as a Brit. You had to have, among other things, a U.S. telephone number to quote as a contact point in case TM needed to contact you - etc etc. I got there in the end, but it was difficult and frustrating. And if you didn't have the relevant bits of info that you were going to be asked for readily to hand, then you stood the chance of "timing out" and losing anything you were offered !! AAAAaaaaaggghhhhh scream ........ this ticket buying for RS fans certainly ain't for the squeamish !!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 21, 2006 17:29

Thanks from me too.

Posted by: stonesfrk ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:04

Any word on when they are sending Glas, Sheff or Cardiff? For overseas Purchases? Thanks.

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 21, 2006 20:38

People have started to receive Sheffeild and Cardiff tickets in the UK.
I have seen auctions with pictures of the tickets on ebay.

So far have not seen any Glasgow auctions with pics of the tickets.

Date: June 21, 2006 23:01

madmaxx Wrote:
> People have started to receive Sheffeild and
> Cardiff tickets in the UK.
> I have seen auctions with pictures of the tickets
> on ebay.
>
> So far have not seen any Glasgow auctions with
> pics of the tickets.

Well I doubt that somehow, because the text below is from the Ticketmaster website today Wednesday 21st June, and as you can clearly see - Ticketmaster claim at this moment in time to be "awaiting ticket stock" from the event organiser - whatever that means. It does suggest however that as yet they're certainly not already sending them out.

Make of it what you will though ??

==========================================================================

Rolling Stones

Twickenham, (Rescheduled from Wembley Stadium)

20-22nd August 2006

Tickets have now been received from Event Organiser, however we are still in the process of transferring the bookings made for the original London venue (Wembley Stadium) to the new venue at Twickenham. We anticipate dispatching the tickets in July. Please re visit our ticket dispatch information page for regular updates.

HampdenPark

25th August 2006

We are still awaiting the ticket stock from the event organiser. Please re visit our ticket dispatch information page for regular updates.

Don Valley Stadium

27th August 2006

We are still awaiting the ticket stock from the event organiser. Please re visit our ticket dispatch information page for regular updates.

Millennium Stadium

29th August 2006

============================================================================

Posted by: madmaxx ()
Date: June 22, 2006 00:01

There have been quite a few sold and sellers have received fdbk for them .

Are you suggesting they are all Fake pauly ??.

Did notice some say they bought via Amex.

Could the Amex buyers be gettin theirs first ???.

Date: June 22, 2006 00:08

madmaxx Wrote:
> There have been quite a few sold and sellers have
> received fdbk for them .
>
> Are you suggesting they are all Fake pauly ??.
>
> Did notice some say they bought via Amex.
>
> Could the Amex buyers be gettin theirs first ???.

Your guess is as good as mine; I'm just pointing out that according to Ticketmaster themselves - they haven't as yet sent any out ?

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 22, 2006 00:55

Well I am defintely an over seas buyer, and yet somehow I was able to get tickets for Wembley/Twickenham 2 at the presale. However, I also knew that if Ticketmaster waited until 10 days before the event to mail, no way was I going to be here and the tickets would probably arrive to my island after the event anyway! So I bought them, and began writing and calling and writing and calling to set up a will call situation.

Not once did Ticketmaster UK ever respond to any of my e-mail requests for info. And getting through to someone live was one of the worst experiences of my life, but finally I talked somehow to a live person and arranged to get the tickets set up "will call." With the switch to Twickenham, and the whole cluster f#ck this has all been, I started e-mailing again to make sure that my tickets will still be on will call and not posted. True to form, they are not responding. So the question for me is why in the hell they even have a "contact us " link at their site if they do not answer. As for any worries about my tickets, I guess I will operate on faith alone.

Date: June 22, 2006 01:11

<<<<<<<< Well I am defintely an over seas buyer, and yet somehow I was able to get tickets for Wembley/Twickenham 2 at the presale. >>>>>>>>>>

How did you manage to do that if at the point of purchase they make you select a delivery method dependent upon whether you are a resident of (a) UK (b) Northern Ireland in particular (c) Republic of Ireland - none of which you in fact are !! That's the bit that people like with sssoul asnd Erik_Snow are fighting with, namely that the a delivery option for overseas buyers IS NOT AVAILABLE on the Ticketmaster site for specifically the Twickenham shows, but strangely enough it is available for the Glasgow, Sheffield and cardiff ones.

I spoke with Ticketmaster about this today and they finally acknowledged that it is an oversight on their behalf, and they are going to address the problem. So how did you manage to buy tix for Wembley/Twicks ages ago in the presale as an overseas buyer ? Did you find a way to fool the Ticketmaster website ?

Date: June 22, 2006 01:27

>> How did you manage to do that if at the point of purchase they make you ... <<

Kahooser is talking about tickets he bought during the presales.
during the presales rs.com intervened very quickly and made TM fix the options to allow People Abroad to buy something.

- Keith

Date: June 22, 2006 01:42

with sssoul Wrote:
> >> How did you manage to do that if at the point
> of purchase they make you ... <<
>
> Kahooser is talking about tickets he bought during
> the presales.
> during the presales rs.com intervened very quickly
> and made TM fix the options to allow People Abroad
> to buy something.

Well that is hugely interesting. Seems very odd that rs.com should have intervened the better part of 7 months ago now to force TM to fix the problem so that overseas buyers could make purchases - and yet here we are 7 months later and if you're an overseas buyer today .......... you're OK for Glasgow, Sheffield, Cardiff, but not for Twickers ???? Extremely bizarre, or so I think at any rate.

Anyway, once I get the bit between my teeth I never give up, so you might be interested to know that I've just lodged a question through the official TM "ask a question" channel pointing out what I spoke with them about earlier today, and highlighting ONCE again this mighty strange discrepancy between ticket delivery options for Glas/Shef/Card and Twicks !!

We'll see if that moves 'em off their backsides !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-06-22 01:53 by paulywaul.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: June 22, 2006 09:44

You must be right with sssoul, which is why I am not sure I rememeber how the problem was solved. I do know I kept calling the UK to tell them NOT TO POST!Another one of the Euro shows...I cannot remember now ...I did as was suggested by a fan when the same problem popped up early on and just loooked up a hotel address in the city of the show and used that as a delivery address, and later made contact to set up will call. Jeeze here I am trying to remember hassles over half a year ago, when my mind is still reeling from re-arranging travel plans that fell thru a few weeks ago. This whole Euro thing has been like a second job for me, calling, arranging, re-arranging I am really burnt out on it all.

And that is why I am , at this point, willing to trust that Ticketmaster UK will just hold the tickets, I can't muster enough energy right now to keep chasing it all.

Date: June 22, 2006 10:02

>> Seems very odd that rs.com should have intervened the better part of 7 months ago <<

i reckon rs.com felt the presales were their concern because people paid the fanclub fee to have access to them.
the public sales are the promoter's concern.
(not "defending" anyone here, mind you, just speculating about how to explain the anomaly.)

- Keith

Date: June 22, 2006 10:56

with sssoul Wrote:
>
> i reckon rs.com felt the presales were their
> concern because people paid the fanclub fee to
> have access to them.
> the public sales are the promoter's concern.
> (not "defending" anyone here, mind you, just
> speculating about how to explain the anomaly.)

That's as good an explanation as any, suspect you're absolutely right.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1743
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home