Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones Guitar Straps
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 11, 2009 14:13

I am doing a favor for a friend and I need your help. Can we putting together in this thread the best pics of the most "elegant" and "discrete" guitars straps used by any of the stones during their career? Meaning pics were you can actually see the strap.

Thank you!

C

Re: Rolling Stones Guitar Straps
Date: November 11, 2009 14:15

This one, for example

Date: November 11, 2009 14:22

Another "famous" one!

C

Date: November 11, 2009 14:25

This one from the Ratbag B therad.

C

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 11, 2009 14:38

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 11, 2009 14:45

that shot of Ronnie is from 2007, right? do you know which venue, and who took it, please and thank you?
the first one of Keith is from Milan, july 11th 2006. is that one of Brian Rasic's shots, or ... ?
the Mick Taylor shot is from july 24th 1972, and it's on Harold Colson's site - [stoneslib9.homestead.com] -
but i don't know if he took it himself. maybe he'll let us know

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-11 14:49 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 11, 2009 14:49

Keith Richards' Bobby Lee Guitar Strap used during the Tour of the Americas in 1975
[garyrocks.wordpress.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-11 14:50 by Deltics.

Date: November 11, 2009 14:54

another view of the same one:

- 1975 by Neal Preston

Date: November 11, 2009 15:05

and another one from Harold Colson's site:

- Chicago, june 1972, courtesy of Harold Colson

Date: November 11, 2009 16:09

with sssoul
that shot of Ronnie is from 2007, right? do you know which venue, and who took it, please and thank you?
the first one of Keith is from Milan, july 11th 2006. is that one of Brian Rasic's shots, or ... ?
the Mick Taylor shot is from july 24th 1972, and it's on Harold Colson's site - [stoneslib9.homestead.com] -
but i don't know if he took it himself. maybe he'll let us know

Don't have a clue. I just googled ron wood and chose from the images results.

C

Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: November 11, 2009 17:16

ronnie and micks straps are done by fosters leather, ed and fred foster, im sure you can find them online

Date: November 11, 2009 20:16

The Jamaica strap

C

Posted by: RockinBud ()
Date: November 11, 2009 22:55

Beast of Babylon is right, I met Ed & Fred on the Licks tour, they made KR's lighting bolt, RW's monkey's & MJ' lip logo.. I asked them to make me a strap like KR and they wanted $1000....I bought a guitar instead..
www.rockinbud.com

Date: November 12, 2009 02:13

Yeah, they have a 2-3 page article in the love you live book on them with some awesome awesome pictures, the thing that boggles my mind is that ronnie stoped wearing them in 2006, completly. He had about 10 and just stoped all together. if you look at pictures pre 06 and post 06 you'll see what i mean

Date: November 12, 2009 04:06

Ed & Fred werent asked to be on BANG Tour, during LICKS tour, they would be back stage "Checking" the straps on the guitars

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: November 12, 2009 04:38

Great thread topic...

Date: November 16, 2009 12:33

So they were asked to leave during BANG?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 16, 2009 13:33

RockinBud
I asked them to make me a strap like KR and they wanted $1000....

RockinBud
Ed & Fred werent asked to be on BANG Tour

Now they're strapped for cash ?

Posted by: Mean.Mr.Mustard ()
Date: November 16, 2009 16:24

Nothing can top these straps:

Mean Mr.Mustard

Posted by: MarcJ ()
Date: November 16, 2009 17:43

Do you know if there is any leather straps available somewhere on Internet with some Rolling Stones designs on them, like the logo or anything nice ?

I would suggest that the official online store (rollingstones.com) provides such items, like guitar straps or picks.

Date: November 16, 2009 20:18

YES, I specificcally inquired amongst my sources re Ed& Fred and they were not asked to be on BANG, no reason given, btw they are the nicest guys

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 20:27

I find this thread of interest as I just spent 3 hours today talking Rolling Stones with ED and FRED.The have done around 20 straps for the Stones.Reason for none one the Bang tour was the artwork required to produce them was later being delivered. These guys are the nicest guys you will ever want to meet or talk with.They have an incredible collection of Stones stories and tour items.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: November 21, 2010 20:06

Do Fred and Ed have a website?

Date: April 5, 2012 02:09

do you have any contact info for ed and fred foster??

.....keep on rolling.....

Date: April 22, 2012 07:43

Yes I have their contact info but like all info I have will need a reason to give it out and who I am giving it to. Seems a lot of people do not know much about the straps or Ed and Fred. Well I know the whole story and trust me they will be doing straps one more time in the future for the Boys.Their work is not cheap and they are very choosy who they do straps or any leather work for.If you want to reach them you can email me at RRMan03@comcast.net and I will forward your info.Lets put it this way. If you know these guys you know what I say is true and if you do not know them well make up your own mind.When you have Mick,Keiths and Ronnies cell numbers I would say you know them pretty well.I have been very fortunate to get included in the circle and can call them friends.If you want the best strap you pay for it.They have done a lot more straps for the Stones than most know. Most of the artwork is chosen by the Stones prior to a tour.On occassion they will send them one special made with a custom design.They will do work for anyone but it must meet their approval and you will pay their price.They have done a lot for Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top,John Eintwistle of the Who befor he died and a few country stars are now wearing their work.This is a first class custom shop of the stars. It is not the 100 dollar replica straps.I have one they made that was used on the Licks tour and signed by all 4 of the guys.It is my prize Stones piece.And yes they get backstage at any show they want and that is tough at a Stones gig. Any of you who have done it know what i mean.It is a tight knit circle of friends and family and i am damn lucky to have gotten included. Thanks guys.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 23, 2012 11:52

liddas
The Jamaica strap

C

I got that one autographed by Ronnie.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 23, 2012 11:54

Silver Dagger
I got that one autographed by Ronnie.

WOW, cool

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: April 23, 2012 22:48

Removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-02 07:51 by RRMan03.

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: April 23, 2012 23:00

RRMan03
Just spoke with Ed And Fred Foster. For the Stones 50th Anniversary they are going to try and do some custom work for anyone who wants it.However there will be no Stones trademark,logo or copy right infringement done. If you have something special that you would like done in leather of other exotic you can submit you design to me at RRMan03@comcast.net and I will present it to them and get you a price. Let me say this. It is not for the casual fan as their work is expensive but also one of a kind. If you have a foundation or cause and would like to have something to auction off to raise money that is also something that can be looked at.The reason for the extra pieces is the love of the Stones plus the opportunity to help with some charity work along with the custom pieces.So if you are interested the above email address gets the ball rolling. Not everything will be accepted as this work will be done along with some custom straps for the Boys for the 50th.All these guys work is one of a kind handmade and the quality is well the Stones wear it on stage. I guess that says enough about the quality.Im just glad to get to add a couple of great pieces to my collection forthe 50th.Save you dollars as I bet ticket prices will also be one of a kind.LOL

So one may infer from your post that they have been contracted to make original straps for Rolling Stones 50 th Ann. Tour. Not one show, not a series of small shows but an actual tour. Can you confirm this and when will the aforementioned guitar straps foe the Stones be delivered? What is the lead they were given?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 23, 2012 23:38

Mean.Mr.Mustard
Nothing can top these straps:

Mean Mr.Mustard

Don't let Yoko hear you say that.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home