Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Summer Tours 2006
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 22, 2006 14:18

I got tickets to see Mark Knopfler and Emmylou Harris on 6/21/06 at Constitution
Hall in DC - Also recommend you get there record All The Roadrunning a great record Mark's and Emmylou's vocals work great together.

Re: Summer Tours 2006
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 22, 2006 14:28

Sounds good.
What kind of record is it OpenG? Is typical Knopfler or is it different?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: May 22, 2006 14:34

HI Wuudy,

celtic flavored if you like acoustic capo guitar textures and soulful with great
song arrangements and harmonies.

think of Loving Cup with a CELTIC Stamp of approval. It was recorded in nashville and knoplfler wrote 10 of the 12 tracks.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 22, 2006 14:38

For the most part typical Knopfler (closest in sound to both SHANGRI-LA and his last Dire Straits effort, ON EVERY STREET) with Emmylou adding vocals. Pretty evenly divided between duets or efforts where one supports the other on harmonies. Knopfler penned ten of the twelve songs, Harris the other two. A couple of the songs (Rolling On and Right Now) sound like they would have worked better if Knopfler had sang lead and not Emmylou as they don't suit her voice. There's also a couple of Springsteen deadringers...most notably Beyond My Wildest Dreams which could have fit in on Atlantic City. Of course, Knopfler and Springsteen have crossed lines ever since Making Movies so its to be expected.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 23, 2006 13:20

Thanks fot the info OpenG. I'll have a listen!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home