Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

IORR Jagger/ Tina Turner
Posted by: TotalBB ()
Date: May 21, 2006 23:58

Can anyone help me date this video?

Smokin' version BTW ;-)

Re: IORR Jagger/ Tina Turner
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 22, 2006 00:13

Pumped up muscle rock.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 22, 2006 00:42

Nobody answered you...
It's from Tokyo, March 23rd 1988 - from the Primitive Cool Tour.

Posted by: TotalBB ()
Date: May 22, 2006 00:45

Thanks Erik, that's what I wanted to know.

I actually thought it was from a Tina Turner concert. Just goes to show how much I care for Jagger's solo efforts ;-).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-22 00:47 by TotalBB.

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 22, 2006 01:30

TotalBB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Erik, that's what I wanted to know.
>
> I actually thought it was from a Tina Turner
> concert. Just goes to show how much I care for
> Jagger's solo efforts ;-).

spoken like a person who doesn't own Wandering Spirit . . .

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: May 22, 2006 01:48

nikki bong is so correct.i love the stones,but i would of loved a jagger solo tour in the states,especially to promote wandering spirit.he could of done 5-6 songs off wandering,picked out 6-7 songs from primitive and shes the boss and even thrown in 3-4 stones or a cover or 2,would of been great!!!!!!!!!!!!its someting i think about from time to time.im not saying it would be better then stones,but certainly behind a classic like ws,it would of totally mesmerized.

john scialfa

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: May 22, 2006 01:48

nikki bong is so correct.i love the stones,but i would of loved a jagger solo tour in the states,especially to promote wandering spirit.he could of done 5-6 songs off wandering,picked out 6-7 songs from primitive and shes the boss and even thrown in 3-4 stones or a cover or 2,would of been great!!!!!!!!!!!!its someting i think about from time to time.im not saying it would be better then stones,but certainly behind a classic like ws,it would of totally mesmerized.

john scialfa

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 22, 2006 02:10

It's wierd to give out such an awesome album as Wandering Spirit, and do just ONE concert....and then fade off. The only thing that make it understandable is Jagger being in Rolling Stones, and doing Voodoo Lounge album and tour. Imagine someone else backing out of a project like that!

Posted by: nikkibong ()
Date: May 22, 2006 02:49

glad to see some agreement here - wandering spirit is an absolute gem. (maybe the best 'stones' album of the post tattoo you era) just compare Hang On To Me Tonight or Evening Gown to SOL. Or Put Me in the Trash to ONNYA. no contest IMCO.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 22, 2006 19:17

My impressions:

1) IORR is one of the greatest r'n'r songs ever written. It's the ultimate stadium r'n'r song.

2) No matter how great the guest vocals are, jagger always fits. He's incredible!

3) Tina is the only female singer that can sing r'n'r!

C

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home