Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Exile songwriting
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 5, 2009 02:08

Just downloaded the Phish Exile Halloween set... great versions of Sweet Virginia, Let it Loose , Just Want To See His Face... After listening to it I started to think about who wrote what on the album... Like for example Sympathy For The Devil is a Mick Jagger tune... I don't know if this has been discussed here, I hope I don't hurt anybody's feelings if this is a repeat. smiling smiley

Jagger has said on interviews that Exile is just a left over compilation from sessions dating back to 67' or 68'. I hope someone know more than me.

Peace.

Re: Exile songwriting
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: November 5, 2009 11:52

some song ideas may go back that far but i think most tracks were recorded during the 3yr span of 1969-1972

Re: Exile songwriting
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 5, 2009 12:28

Loudei
Jagger has said on interviews that Exile is just a left over compilation from sessions dating back to 67' or 68'.

If that is true, The Stones should use more that method. Seemingly, they cannot do wrong (EXILE, TATTOO YOU..).

Anyway, there is a small truth in Jagger's words, but he over-exaggarates it - and seemingly does seem to have an ambivalent relation to EXILE over-all, an album that is so generally seen as "Keith's album". Jagger, for example, never been a fan of the Nellcote myth, etc. The album was a result of much bigger scene than is sometimes done by seeing it simlpy as the result of Nellcote sessions. Keith, contrary, seems to enjoy this particular reputation, and how the album was done in HIS basement. Remember his story of what he did in his junkie days - learn to ski and did EXILE... The Exile sessions in France seemingly was also the beginning of the ego war between Mick and Keith, and I think they never been too close ever since.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-05 12:30 by Doxa.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home