Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Phish-Turd On The Run
Date: November 3, 2009 04:26

Somebody better go wake the boys up!

Have you heard this from Halloween 2009? Now granted it ain't the STONES! But,the freshman are showing the seniors how to play. If Phish can play Exile this good well then...

Re: Phish-Turd On The Run
Posted by: Bingo ()
Date: November 3, 2009 04:57

As I said before, they did a fine job and Phish has only one guitarist in the group.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 3, 2009 05:08

Who's Driving Your Plane?

Have you heard this from Halloween 2009? Now granted it ain't the STONES! But,the freshman are showing the seniors how to play. If Phish can play Exile this good well then...
Yes. This is the 3rd different thread about it.

Date: November 3, 2009 14:22

WELL EXCUSSSSSSSSSSE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

An to keep with the Stones theme here, stop being a JAG OFF!

Posted by: einte ()
Date: November 4, 2009 10:34

From Shidoobee posted by tridgeat

Soundboard recording

[www.megaupload.com]

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: November 4, 2009 13:42

I'm sure The Stones would do it better in their sleep, even at their age

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-04 14:44 by stones_serb.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 4, 2009 13:56

Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: November 4, 2009 14:45

Good performance but I still believe The Stones could do it much better,Anyway I would love to have been at this gig.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 4, 2009 16:22

This is one song that would really rock live with that Stones groove just like Rip This Joint for the Stones. Funny how what many claim to be the best Stones album ever, has the least amount of songs played live from it compared to any of the other "big" Stones albums.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 4, 2009 16:27

Its ok. But the vocals have always been Phish's achilles heal.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 4, 2009 17:07

phish is perhaps the best live act, just on musical merits alone, going today. i don't think another band, certainly not the stones, could have handled this material with as much aplomb and mastery....

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 4, 2009 17:22

Hound Dog
This is one song that would really rock live with that Stones groove just like Rip This Joint for the Stones. Funny how what many claim to be the best Stones album ever, has the least amount of songs played live from it compared to any of the other "big" Stones albums.

Wouldn't this be because Jagger never particularly liked it

Date: November 4, 2009 17:52

stones_serb
I'm sure The Stones would do it better in their sleep, even at their age
Considering the number of songs they've never even attempted to play from this album and the ones they have'nt played in years. Hard to believe.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: jfmiii21 ()
Date: November 4, 2009 18:50

i was at the show. i absolutely love phish and they are 2nd only to the Stones for me. so when i knew that their halloween costume would most likely be exile, i flew in the day before from chicago. phish absolutely NAILED exile. it may be the best set of music i have ever seen, stones included. you all should check out shine a light, let it loose, and esp torn and frayed. they sounded unreal. everyone who is a stones fan should do themselves a favor and DL this show.

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: November 4, 2009 23:13

I cant stand Phish but they did a good job,the lead vocals could have been better but that aside a good job.

Coming Down Again

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 4, 2009 23:17

Yuck. That sucked. Eh, wonderful, somebody played Exile. Woo hoo. They need to be left on a dock flopping around.

Date: November 4, 2009 23:45

skipstone
Yuck. That sucked. Eh, wonderful, somebody played Exile. Woo hoo. They need to be left on a dock flopping around.
Yeah I'm sure you could play it better 'eh skippy.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: November 5, 2009 17:12

skipstone

wow, you suck at music. i was at the show, im a huge phish fan (they are 2nd only to the stones for me), and that set was probably better than any of the 17 stones shows ive seen since 1997. they NAILED exile, CRUSHED it.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 5, 2009 18:01

jfmiii21
skipstone

wow, you suck at music. i was at the show, im a huge phish fan (they are 2nd only to the stones for me), and that set was probably better than any of the 17 stones shows ive seen since 1997. they NAILED exile, CRUSHED it.

they did and like i said they are really in a class all of their own as a live act, anyway. skippy prolly didn't even listen to this, he's just issuing a party line talking point kinda thing. trey is a guitar god with few if any peers.

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: November 5, 2009 18:02

Both Keith and Ronnie would probably need oxygen after trying to play that fast for three and a half minutes.

It's just nice to hear someone make the effort to bring these songs to life. I've seen a couple other clips from this show and it's obvious these songs mean as much to them as they do to us, where it seems Mick thinks that if a song didn't get radio play, why bother. Based on the couple of performances of Torn and Frayed from the Licks tour, I'm not sure how successful they would be anyway. They seemed to struggle with a fairly simple country song.

Date: November 5, 2009 18:09

Crackinup
Both Keith and Ronnie would probably need oxygen after trying to play that fast for three and a half minutes.

It's just nice to hear someone make the effort to bring these songs to life. I've seen a couple other clips from this show and it's obvious these songs mean as much to them as they do to us, where it seems Mick thinks that if a song didn't get radio play, why bother. Based on the couple of performances of Torn and Frayed from the Licks tour, I'm not sure how successful they would be anyway. They seemed to struggle with a fairly simple country song.

very true. and their Loving Cup attempts, not to mention Shine A Light, were....well, let's just say... Mick Taylor couldn't have been impressed....

Date: November 5, 2009 20:38

this is just a clip of loving cup from saturday, the full version can be found on youtube. im posting this to show the energy level at these shows. it was like this the entire night. best halloween ever! you can bet that not a single person asked someone to sit down bc they were blocking their view. the stones should take note.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 5, 2009 21:08

Who's Driving Your Plane?

You are on to something here. Springsteen has been playing a few 'whole album' shows sandwiched in between other song form other periods.

The Stones did something special with those club gigs.

It would be great for the Stones to some whole album shows too( sandwhiched with other stuff).

Imagine Aftermath, Let It Bleed, Exile, Sticky,Some Girls and ofcourse Dirty Work!

Imagine they sell some 'vault' material at the shows too, no overdubs!

And MT joins the tour . . ..

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 5, 2009 21:16

I hate the fact that there's one guitar and some of the fills of the second one are made by saxophone... sounds shitty.
but anyway a great inspired performance. I will go back to it when I'll be trying myself to play Exile songs - nice ideas o'er there.

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: November 5, 2009 21:54

Amused
I hate the fact that there's one guitar and some of the fills of the second one are made by saxophone... sounds shitty.

Have you heard 'Bitch' from 1989 forward?

Date: November 5, 2009 22:17

smile: yeah, and I loved it on 3rd the Biggest Bang DVD, from Shanghai if I remember correctly. they have played it with a truly great sound. smiling smiley

I was just noting the fact that horn section didn't go well with Phish during this performance and it sounded a little amateurish and my-local-pub-like... and still performers are professionals so it's just my little complain.

to re-play whole Exile... or Fingers... you gotta have that attitude I guess or arrange it different. x)

Date: November 5, 2009 22:29

deadegad
It would be great for the Stones to some whole album shows too( sandwhiched with other stuff).

Imagine Aftermath, Let It Bleed, Exile, Sticky,Some Girls and ofcourse Dirty Work!

erm, of course. obvious choice, wasn't it? :-)
parts of DW are quite fine actually - think I'm gonna put on Winning Ugly x)

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 5, 2009 23:10

Actually, sweetcharmedlife, the band I'm in, we have played Turd On The Run and it certainly surprised people (yet alone Loving Cup and Sweet Virgina, Jiving Sister Fanny and a few others. Lies, of all songs, went over well too). Personally, we do it much better than Phish. So, I'll talk from my own experience and acknowledgment from Stones fans that have their eyes light up when we play something obscure like that. You go ahead and keep talking about what it means to be a fan of Phish. It's quite alright.

Date: November 5, 2009 23:26

it's cool that you are proud of your band, skip. and i'll just leave it at that ;-)

Date: November 5, 2009 23:43

T&A
it's cool that you are proud of your band, skip. and i'll just leave it at that ;-)

to the point of delusion?? smiling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1858
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home