Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bobby Keys @ Fitzgeralds - Halloween show
Posted by: wineaux ()
Date: November 2, 2009 16:01

Fitzgerald's was so packed it was really hard to get any good pictures... it was a great great show! Bobby seemed to really enjoy interacting with the crowd, something we don't get to see when he's performing with the Stones. The band playing with him was also very good.... did a few songs without Bobby too. In addition to the Stones work, Bobby did Joe Cocker, John Lennon, BB King, Steely Dan (or was that one without Bobby?). I'm sure some others there can fill in some of the gaps for me. All in all, it was one of the best Halloween celebrations in Chicago that night!!

Re: Bobby Keys @ Fitzgeralds - Halloween show
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 3, 2009 00:28

I agree - I danced the whole time - even in high heels which I never wear! I didn't get pix but a friend took pics with her phone and they're on my phone now. I just have to figure out how to download in order to upload here...not my first priority.

I thought for sure he'd come out for an encore. We sure stood there stamping our feet for a long time!

Wineaux, you may have seen my blinking horns in the crowd - I was at the right all the way to the back!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 3, 2009 06:11

wineaux, where were you, man? I agree, an excellent Halloween. I wore my stones baseball shirt "costume". cool smiley
We got there early to get a seat, but then I went up to the front on Keith's side, hehe, and stood/danced in the second row.
"Miss you" sounded strangely fresh, "Watermelon Man" with Bobby rocked, and well, seeing Bobby play CYHMK up close with
two good guitarists from the Tributosaurus band was superb. Too bad I had to leave early, heard I missed some good ones such as
Live With Me and other tunes. The non-Stones content was nice too, but the ones by our boys got my blood going strong. smiling bouncing smiley

LQ, so nice to see you--I feel like we are more than ready for the next tour!
If you get some pics, please post 'em...

Date: November 3, 2009 06:44

We got there a little bit late - 9:30 or so, just as they were playing Live with Me. There were a couple of seats at the bar right by the entrance, so we hung there most of the time. Ventured into the crowd a few times. I was wearing a red devil cape with cut outs from numerous sympathy cards attached to it (get it... Sympathy for the Devil)??winking smiley The whole show was great and I'd have to say that CYHMK was the highlight of the night. It was a nice little teaser for what we hope will be coming our way next year!

Date: November 3, 2009 08:36

Looks like I have to buy a USB data cable in order to get the photos to my laptop. Maybe I can send them to you or someone else to retrieve and post!?

Date: November 4, 2009 15:51

I'm clueless as to how to post.... I can barely figure out my digital camera. Half of the pictures from Fitzgerald's turned out completely black and then the battery died, so only got a few pics of the night. And only 1 of those is of Bobby with the 2 friends I was with!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 4, 2009 16:50

LQ, send em to me in email if you can, and I'll try to figure out how to post...
Or if not, I dunno....dang. I had my camera on the phone but was too into
the show to dig it out and take shots.

Wineux, we agree that CYHMK was the highlight, for sure. Nice costume, sounds like.

Date: November 5, 2009 08:43

angee, give me your phone # via fb msg and i'll text them to you. they're stuck on my phone. can you then get them off your phone?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home