Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The other M.J. (This Is It)
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 4, 2009 23:15

TippyToe
HelterSkelter
Leave your E-mail and I'll answer your questions about MJ...

Why not answer his questions here in the thread where he asked them?

It happened again! What Helter said is not IN this thread! Where was it?

Eh, one question - was he lip syncing? That's all he's ever done innit?

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: November 5, 2009 00:27

Skipstone, I was the first surprised: no lipsynch! He sings for real, saving his voice and often leaving a verse out, but also sometimes showing that if he went for it, he could still easily do it. I was actually amazed at how his voice has not changed at all. Anyway, I guarantee no lipsynch.

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: November 5, 2009 00:55

SNC - which one is the real MJ? Submitted for your approval

What an Amazing dancer the guy was. He worked with the best.
Here you have the super model Naomi Campbell as the Female lead
and the Late, Great Photographer HERB RITTS as the video director

OR

OR

so you think it's easy to deal with this INSANITY?EVERYDAY?
I grew up in this town. This stuff makes me sick, I've seen
enough to last a lifetime. I have a rule, no GOSSIP magazines
allowed in the house......No PEOPLE, US, and the newspaper ones
(whatever other crap I missed)

CODA FOR SNC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-05 01:07 by HelterSkelter.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 5, 2009 01:46

HelterSkelter: "so you think it's easy to deal with this INSANITY?EVERYDAY?
I grew up in this town. This stuff makes me sick, I've seen
enough to last a lifetime. I have a rule, no GOSSIP magazines
allowed in the house......No PEOPLE, US, and the newspaper ones
(whatever other crap I missed)"

Helter...what's your point? You are responding to things that I've never disputed.

He made good music & good videos and he was harassed by paparazzi and
lived under a microscope & it messed him up.....what's your point? have I said something different?
Have you even read my posts? If you are going to address me directly
at least keep focus on the discussion and specific points I've made.
You're always going off on irrelevant tangents and letting emotion interfere with logic.

You say you're not into gossip magazines or People Magazine etc...yet you
are always very quick to post OT threads of breaking HOLLYWOOD GOSSIP news!
Where do you think that comes from? It comes from hollywood gossip reporters
and paparazzi! The internet is one big gossip magazine..and you let that "in the house".

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-05 01:50 by sweet neo con.

Date: November 5, 2009 02:38

here's a good one.....
seems he had a good sense of humor and possible evidence that he was just putting us on.

and one of my favorite concept videos of all time..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-05 02:43 by sweet neo con.

Date: November 5, 2009 02:47

SNC, Of course gossip gets in my house. If you have a TV and Computer you get some. Thing is, Being so interested in other peoples lives is very dysfunctional IMHO. I focus on myself, I don't care what other people do, doesn't effect my life. If he bought the Elephant man's bones let him. Is it something I gave a moment of thought to? No. You made a giant list of all his so called weird behavior a few posts back - who cares? He dangled his baby off a hotel balcony (seemed to have a good grip on the baby) OK, so he did? Probably a bad decision to do something like that but in the end nothing happened so why post the news report. CNN needs to fill 24 hours a day so they pack a lot of garbage in there. Your list - "The Weirdness of MJ" proves you are much to into public peoples personal lives. Let it go, enjoy their talent but realize, you don't really know what ANYONE Well Known is really up to.... the whole situation is MANUFACTURED and not real.

Have I said something different? Yeah, you can list all of his so called weird idiosyncrasies too well - that's knowing way too much IMHO - who cares

There were 2 giant cockroaches in my iced coffee glass last night (both dead) now THAT I care about (glad I found them before I took a drink in the dark)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-05 03:06 by HelterSkelter.

Date: November 5, 2009 03:03

Here's the "WEIRDNESS LIST"

sweet neo con
Not fair to say ignore ("nothing to do with you" ) Neverland sleepovers, Oxygen tanks, Elephant Man bones,
Bubbles the Chimp, molestation charges, peter pan syndrome, plastic surgery, diana ross fixation, macaully culkin,
skin bleaching etc etc etc... It is known that some of this was orchestrated weirdness to keep public interest
and the rest of it is probably a result of the nuttiness of his upbringing (joe jackson /child stardom...no childhood etc..).

sweet neo con
My ultimate point: how much of what we saw of MJackson was real and how much was bullsh*t.
Is he really the peter pan/man-child that he seemed to be....or was he MORE adult than we give him credit for.
I've seen interviews where he seems like a clueless child and others where he seems more savvy.
Just wondering..to what degree has he pulled the wool over our eyes...and asked moosman which
MJackson he saw in THIS IS IT....man-child or a confident & shrewd adult performer(?)

SHREWD ADULT PERFORMER and MAN - CHILD

Date: November 5, 2009 03:24

HelterSkelter
SNC, Of course gossip gets in my house. If you have a TV and Computer you get some. Thing is, Being so interested in other peoples lives is very dysfunctional IMHO. I focus on myself, I don't care what other people do, doesn't effect my life. If he bought the Elephant man's bones let him. Is it something I gave a moment of thought to? No. You made a giant list of all his so called weird behavior a few posts back - who cares? He dangled his baby off a hotel balcony (seemed to have a good grip on the baby) OK, so he did? Probably a bad decision to do something like that but in the end nothing happened so why post the news report. CNN needs to fill 24 hours a day so they pack a lot of garbage in there. Your list - "The Weirdness of MJ" proves you are much to into public peoples personal lives. Let it go, enjoy their talent but realize, you don't really know what ANYONE Well Known is really up to.... the whole situation is MANUFACTURED and not real.

Have I said something different? Yeah, you can list all of his so called weird idiosyncrasies too well - that's knowing way too much IMHO - who cares
)

The so-called "giant list" is common knowledge to anyone that has not been living under a rock
(or on drugs) for the last 25 years. He even highlights many of the in a single video (posted above).

re: "knowing way too much" about a performer etc....
ha...you've displayed your trivial knowledge about celebrities' lives many times on this forum.

And I see now that you think having a "good grip" makes it in any way acceptable to dangle a baby. (?)

Seems that (according to you) as long as you are an artistic "genius" (Jackson, Polanksi etc...)
you get a free pass and can do no wrong....and society is just suppose to accept it no
matter who else it might put in danger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-05 03:32 by sweet neo con.

Date: November 5, 2009 03:59

.... EXHAUSTION SETS IN.... Dude, you have priorities in life. If you are broke, like the Country, State and City is, you make priorities. Is 76 Yr Old Polanski gonna statutory rape another 13 Year Old Girl in 2009/10? I don't think so.... BUT, there's plenty of men out there that are going to today or tomorrow, there's plenty of murders going on, gang activity and the DA should go for the clear and present danger since that is the immediate threat and chase 76 year old men later.... The guy (the DA) just wants a high profile situation to get famous and get his name out there (so simple SNC, don't you get it?) You think all these guys that work in Government are straight shooters??? Come on man, get real..... wake up dude, PLEASE

Date: November 5, 2009 04:48

HelterSkelter
.... EXHAUSTION SETS IN.... Dude, you have priorities in life. If you are broke, like the Country, State and City is, you make priorities. Is 76 Yr Old Polanski gonna statutory rape another 13 Year Old Girl in 2009/10? I don't think so.... BUT, there's plenty of men out there that are going to today or tomorrow, there's plenty of murders going on, gang activity and the DA should go for the clear and present danger since that is the immediate threat and chase 76 year old men later.... The guy (the DA) just wants a high profile situation to get famous and get his name out there (so simple SNC, don't you get it?) You think all these guys that work in Government are straight shooters??? Come on man, get real..... wake up dude, PLEASE

re: " You think all these guys that work in Government are straight shooters??? Come on man, get real..... wake up dude, PLEASE"

when did i say that?

if the question is...should a child rapist pay his debt to society? especially one
that's been on the run? yes...i don't care how long after the incident.

so simple...don't you get it??????

sorry bud,,,,but you are in the clear minority on the Polanksi thing.
the rest of the world is not like your corner of california.....happily.

you might be totally right about the DA grandstanding....that's totally irrelevant.
sad part is that the previous 30 yrs of District Attorneys didn't pursue Polanski harder,

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: November 5, 2009 05:33

so glad i saw this movie!! was delighted, awestruck and moved to tears more than once...just a brilliant brilliant genius of a man...it was an amazing experience. i hope to see it again on big screen before they remove it (probably for a holiday dvd sales)....

felt so grateful that humanity occasionally produces a man of such, yes, other worldly talent, grace...heat...great choreography and dance troupe...pleasure to see him deal with the band and the dancers...to see his absolute quite COMMAND of what he delivers...loved this very much. a delight, an important document, a real gift to my spirit. rest finally in peace MJ.

AND a very smart respectful satisfying documentary, excellent film making...a treasure....cat gave everything. this is it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-05 05:34 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: November 5, 2009 05:35

well dance little sister is IT...but u know what i means

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 5, 2009 08:50

Cannot but agree with beelyboy - what an amazing film, with so many truly glorious glimpses of what promised to be a stellar performance. On the evidence of the film, that man remained a brilliant and charismatic singer/dancer/musician who knew exactly what he wanted to achieve from his performance. The film also really brought home just how much the tabloids really do make up a whole heap of shite - it defies their endless descriptions of MJ in rehearsals as a broken shadow of his former self. Very interesting also to get a behind-the-scenes look at the hard work that goes into concerts. Altogether mesmerizing - a must-see-again film for me.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 5, 2009 10:14

I spent the halloween night by going to see the 'freak show'... Well, mrs. Doxa forced me to do that, and all I can be is grateful for her for that.

I've never been a big fan - or a fan at all - of Michael Jackson, but one is totally idiot if can not see the geniuos where there is one. No, I won't be buying Jackson records or anything that sort of, but I give the man all my respects. As a singer, as a dancer, as an innovator, as a visionar, as a man of discipline, as an artist. For example, as a 'control freak' our hero Mick Jagger is a far cry from Michael Jackson (and I'm sure Mick might have wet dreams to be like Jackson; Michael seemingly was a total pro where Mick is just a amateur. But then, Jackson din't need to cope with people like Keith Richards..)

The film was nothing but the music and the rehearsal for the show. No scandals, no gossips, no bullshitting, nada. It was a statement of Michael Jackson, the performer. A perfectionist who made no any compromises in order to low the standrd of the quality of his act. Yeah, one could say that he didn't move as energetic as he did 20 years ago, or sing as strongly than before (my company, mrs. Doxa, is an expert in these matters, so I trust her judgment) but even with by that standard he was a top class act. If we wouldn't have heard about what happened behing the scenes, in how bad shape he was in, that we would about to die soon, etc, we would not have known or even guessed THAT. When he hit the stage, and was in the charge of his own art, he was as great as ever. He ruled that world.

I was so stunned of the quality of the performance, and it was - we need to remember - barely a rehearsal... he needed to save his voice and perhaps reduce some of his dance movements (that are tough job for a fifty years old guy - and we need to note that a Mick Jagger show is a piece of cake compared to the discipline and concentration needed for a Michael Jackson show). But it didn't matter. His genious was there to be heard and seen, and just to think that he had an extra gear still in his belt, huh!

Another observation: even though I was so impressed of his discipline and control-freakness - that every little detail of the show needed to be in control and trained out - there were those moments when his natural gift was seen and heard - that he has in his musical blood the whole tradition of black American music. It's all there, and Jackson only showd very small portions of what all he knew. Like the moment he started to jam with the female singer (don't remember the song), and just let himself go (against doctor's orders I believe). So sad that he never let that shown more. Mrs. Doxa, my authority, says that it is due his insecurity; he didn't let anything out without a prior controlled plan.

Over-all, MICHAEL JACKSON'S THIS IS IT is a great musical document. It does the speaking for itself. It also looks like that all the folks here who had actually seen the film are as convinced of it as I am.

- Doxa

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2009-11-05 10:24 by Doxa.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: November 5, 2009 11:13

Saw THIS IS IT last nite. What a fantastic movie. Michael Jackson was so damn brilliant. A pro through and through and he never lost the respect for the people who worked so hard for and with him. What a class act Michael Jackson was. He was such a star. He just got it. A star personality. He shined. Always. Seeing him during these rehearsals gives you an impression how much he was into this production. He was aware of every little detail of this (FANTASTIC) show and he was passionate about the music. He loved what he was doing and he was doing it so great.

He was one of the last very few REAL stars in the music biz. What a loss.

I can highly recommend this movie. And like someone else here said: It's sooooo much better than Shine A Light.

Thank you Michael Jackson! RIP.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home