Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NEW STONES QUIZ - this one's tough....
Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: April 6, 2006 03:49

#1 What song were the Stones working on when they recieved the call (in the studio) that Brian had died?

#2 Where was Mick on 9/11/2001 and what did he spend most of the day doing?

#3 A lot of famous Artists/Photographers have designed/shot Stones album covers. Name as many albums as you can including the name of the Artist/Photographer and if they're alive or dead.

#4 What was the first ever Stones bootleg to come out (EXACT name please). What were the other 2 bootlegs by different artists to come out at about the same time (thus the 3 original bootlegs that started it all)

#5 Every tour has at least one song that stands out as RARE (in the sense that it's not a cover but an older one that they should have done live when it was new but have now gone back and finally done it. Can't be something they've done before since 1969 - Like "Far Away Eyes" on this tour since it was done routinely on the '78 tour - has to be fresh) Examples: This Tour it's SWAY/WHEN TEARS GO BY. Licks Tour it was CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING + ? No Security was MOONLIGHT MILE + ? 1994 was MONKEY MAN + So finish those off and include as many other tours as you can from 1969 forward....

BONUS From BEGGARS BANQUET on name all the albums that have had ever song played live off of them - that is, the entire album has been done live. Name all the albums that are just one song away ...2 songs away.....

Re: NEW STONES QUIZ - this one's tough....
Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 6, 2006 04:00

How the F*** did you know my name is Rumpelstilzchen and how did you get my Account number and Password for my best kept secrets in my numberlock-safe .... gwagawg agw..

Date: April 6, 2006 04:51

Cause I work for the NSA, secret agency open -g (you're pissed about my Photo Shop Mick shot arent you?)

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: April 6, 2006 04:53

I know the answer for the first question.If I remeber correctly it was the song I don't know why.

Date: April 6, 2006 04:58

Yeah, The Stevie Wonder song "I Don't Know Why" - good one StratoGR.....

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 6, 2006 04:59

MicksBrain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Cause I work for the NSA, secret agency open -g
> (you're pissed about my Photo Shop Mick shot arent
> you?)

err - no
haven't been pissed off by you once.
where is it? I want to see it

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 6, 2006 05:04

3. David Bailey, still alive Andy Warhol, deceased. Wanst their an Engish TV host who did a cooking show or something that designed the cake on Let it Bleed?

Hiro did the photography for Black and Blue

did robert Frank do the photography for exile?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 6, 2006 05:06

StratoGR Wrote:
> I know the answer for the first question.If I
> remeber correctly it was the song I don't know
> why.

thats the one thats been reported and which is generally regarded as the one.

Interestingly though, in Sean Egan's new(ish) book "Let It Bleed" on the making of that album, Keith Altham states that he was in the studio in his capacity as a journalist that night and he mentions that they were playing a song that didnt make the cut and suggests it may have been "Toss The Coin".

Date: April 6, 2006 05:07

"gimme shelter" was actually a "new-old" song on steel wheels. and "paint it black" and "sympathy" for that matter. come to think of it steel wheels was in a lot of ways kind of a 60's retro tour. it aslo had Ruby Tuesday, 2000 lightyears from home...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-06 05:09 by ryanpow.

Date: April 6, 2006 05:08

Pulled off faster then Janet Jacksons top (was that very fast?) Photo Shopped Mick as bald with his Gal Pal on that shot at the academy awards party. Harmless (wasn't even a good PS job)...It was just a joke, I love Mick and the Stones so was just goofing around (as I tend to do) but got an E-mail super quick so somebody was POed. My GF loves the Stones and thought it was funny. Oh well, thought you saw it, it had 15 to 20 views......

Date: April 6, 2006 05:15

Sorry mine last one should be up 3 or 4, hold on....

Date: April 6, 2006 05:16

Interesting Gazza, never heard that is TOSS THE COIN on a boot?

Posted by: tat2you ()
Date: April 6, 2006 05:24

MB how many shows you been to??( stones)

Date: April 6, 2006 05:26

Ryanpow, OK, let me go through all this info.

OK, STEEL WHEELS tour , I would say the Real Rare one was 2000 LIGHT YRS. but I also agree that PAINT IT BLACK and RUBY TUESDAY and PLAY WITH FIRE and LITTLE RED ROOSTER would all fit in. SYMPATHY and SHELTER were both played on the 75/76 tour so you can't count those

Yeah, Robert Frank shot EXILE. Bailey did GHS, How about IORR? (same artist that did David Bowie's DIAMOND DOGS cover). Warhol did STICKY FINGERS and LOVE YOU LIVE. Who did SATANIC MAJESTIES ?

Date: April 6, 2006 05:29

NO idea. anyone else know?

Date: April 6, 2006 05:45

tat2you:

1969 one - LA Forum, first show (official opening of tour) NOV 8th
1972 two - San Diego Sports Arena, Early show LA FORUM (6th row !! center)
1973 one - Earthquake benefit LA Forum (good boot out there)
1975 two - first and last Forum show (video is the middle show I think,out of 5)
1978 two - Both Anaheim Stadiums
1981 two - both LA colusiem (sp?) Missed Prince getting booed off the stage
1989 two - " " Gun's and Roses fighting like little girls
1990 one (kinda) stood in the parking lot of the Berlin show. Heard it fine (think it's part of the IMAX DVD)
1994 one - Pasadena Rose Bowl
1997 one - BTB, Dodgers Stadium (99% sure I got that right - 19th Nervous Breakdown on that one right?)
1999 two - both Anaheim Pond shows
That's it. Didn't do the Licks tour because I was interested in the Club shows and imagined what a bitch tickets for that were.. DVD is GREAT though. This tour? MAYBE if they come back or I get to Europe. Everything is such a pain in the ass now. Security is CRAZY. You get to point where you don't want to deal with it. Plus DVD's and home Surround Sound/Big Screens fill in the gap a bit

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: April 6, 2006 05:47

Who did SATANIC MAJESTIES ?

Michael Cooper - the Stones helped him build the set too, if memory serves.

Date: April 6, 2006 05:50

We'll give it some time then I'll put the answers on. That ones pretty famous (Satanic Maj) he shot the Stones A LOT during that period

Date: April 6, 2006 05:51

CindyC KNOWS HER STUFF !!!

Date: April 6, 2006 05:54

CindyC, give some of the others a try....come on......

Date: April 6, 2006 06:10

hmmm. the satanic one is ALMOST of the tip of my tounge but not quite. did oh WAIT.... Mackowitz ( I know Im buthering the speelling) did buttons. did he do satanic majesties as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-04-06 06:10 by ryanpow.

Date: April 6, 2006 06:10

Man, that CindyC, she pops in , Disappears, like a spirit or something....

What's that Dylan line? "With her Fog, Her Amphetamines, and her Pearls...." (Just Like A Woman)NOW THAT !! is a PERFECT LYRIC..... Cindy C, Just Like a Woman... (but she breaks just like a LITTLE GIRL)

Date: April 6, 2006 06:15

MicksBrain Wrote:
CindyC, give some of the others a try....come on......

Hi MB, get your taxes done?
I'm too tired tonight to think, besides, I don't really know things about which songs they played and when. I never really got into that part of it, although I know it's very important to a lot of you guys. The Europeans will be all over those questions when they wake up in a few hours. Sorry to be a slacker, i was up late last night.

As for Michael Cooper, I love his photos. I have that book he did a few years back where Keith and Terry Southern wrote the commentary. What was it called "The Early Years"? I think it has the 11 hands photo on the cover.

I'm dying to get my greedy hands on Blinds and Shutters. It's too chere for my pockets though. Does anyone have a copy, or even seen one?

Date: April 6, 2006 06:22

MicksBrain Wrote:
Hey MB, sorry to disappear on you. I had to go check on my son and make sure he was still sleeping adorably. All the world is right when you see your kids sleeping so peacefully, it's a beautiful thing. You and your GF should pop out a few.

Thanks for the nice Dylan quote- I like that! I'm glad you didn't use "Cinderella , she seems so easy" or something from 4th Street, that might not be so nice. ;-)

Ryan, I think you are thinking of Gered Mankowitz.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Date: April 6, 2006 06:24

yeah, gered mankowitz. thats the ticket!

Date: April 6, 2006 06:27

Sometimes I think I should but I want 2 Daughters only. Did you see Basquiat? That's how I would be. Who's that actor in that with the daughter who says, "Daddy, the TV's broken" and then they start dancing - that would be me and my girls...

Date: April 6, 2006 06:31

Ryanpow, it's Michael Cooper (the late MC) CindyC talks about his very expensive book up there. I 've never seen it. I don't believe in over priced things - like Carry's/Kerry's/Cerry's shoes in SEX AND THE CITY....

Date: April 6, 2006 06:37

Sex and the City? thats one of those late night shows that I just just end up watching and getting into. I dont know WHY. i just do. I woulnd't pay for the DVD's because its On the TV!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 6, 2006 06:37

#4 What was the first ever Stones bootleg to come out (EXACT name please). What were the other 2 bootlegs by different artists to come out at about the same time (thus the 3 original bootlegs that started it all)

Stones - LIVE R THAN YOU'LL EVER BE or LIVE r Than You’ll Ever Be

Bob Dylan - Great White Wonder
The Who - Fillmore East

ROCKMAN

Date: April 6, 2006 06:44

OK ROCKMAN, when I saw your name I knew we would get some serious answers. The way it happened around LA was LIVEr THAN YOU'LL EVER BE (just that rubber stamp), Great White Wonder - Dylan and Live on BlueBerry Hill - Zeppelin. The WHO and the RUBBER DUBBER stuff came along very quickly....as did a lot more Dylan...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home