Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A question for Shanghai insiders - tip for press coverage
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 6, 2006 22:34

Dear Shanghai/ China insiders I would appreciate your help.

I am commissioned by a magazine to write a feature on the Stones gig in Shanghai, but considering the event, it must be much more than a report of the gig.

It has put in perspective the Stones and their Chinese audience. Price of the tickets compared to the average Chinese manager wage, how are known the Stones in mailand China, how was the concert's project was finally put into shape For instance, censorship, politics, why Shanghai and not Beijing.

Also : where can I meet authentic Chinese rock'n'roller ? (do you know a bar, but not simply an expat bar)

I will of course talk about expat, but this is not the main angle.

I would really appreciate any tip on that topic. Tomorrow, I am going to the Stones hotel and see if I can meet some fans there.

Then I will spend most of the day Saturday in the Grand Stage area.

My email is bridgestobabylon@hotmail.com

Re: A question for Shanghai insiders - tip for press coverage
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 6, 2006 22:47

damn i wish i was there! i did meet a couple of Chinese rock & rollers, but in pretty unexpected places.
how's your conversational Chinese, by the way? i'll email you if i think of anything that might possibly be helpful ...

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 6, 2006 22:49

My conversational Chinese ? not a word

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 6, 2006 22:52

ah, okay ... that makes it a little trickier but -
well, if i think of any concrete ideas i'll let you know.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: Treesnake2000 ()
Date: April 7, 2006 03:23

No offense, but what sort of magazine commissions someone who speaks no Chinese to write an article about the Stones' gig in Shanghai, especially if it must be more than just a review?

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: April 7, 2006 04:55

My aunt works for the Cirque Du Soleil, and the previous show that she worked on featured the Chinese Circus. As she was artistic director, she was often in China auditioning artists, and speaking with logistics and stuff. she doesn't speak a word of cantonese or mandarin, but every time, either the production or the chinese circus would provide an interpreter. apparently it's pretty frequent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home