Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
mark knoplfer the best guitarist of all time
Posted by: shearer9 ()
Date: March 4, 2006 05:22

MARK KNOPLFER IS BY FAR THE BEST GUITARIST OF ALL TIME

SULTAN OF SWING JUST PROVES THAT.

ERIC CLAPTON, KEITH RICHARDS, RONNIE WOODS, GEROGE HARRISON, ETCC WOULD NEVER HAVE TOPPED THAT.

I ALWAYS THOUGHT THAT IF MARK KNOPFLER WOULD HAVE BEEN INT HE BEATLES, SONGS LIKE TAX MAN, DRIVE MY CAR, ETC WOULD HAVE BEEN SUPERBS.

MARK KNOPFLER IS A BETTER SOGNWRITER THAN MICK, AND HIS CONCERTS ARE ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE STONES.

Re: mark knoplfer the best guitarist of all time
Posted by: Local27 ()
Date: March 4, 2006 05:26

Drop some more acid shearer9.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 4, 2006 07:12

Granted, Knopfler is a great guitarist. Love his style and he is flawless. The question I have is what qualities make him the best? Speed? Phrasing? You tell me. What I do know is that Richards, Page, Clapton, Hendrix, Trower, Beck, Taylor, Santana, SRV, Gilmore and May,just to name a few, are great in the own right.

Posted by: MicksBrain ()
Date: March 4, 2006 07:28

shearer9, ummm, yeah, sure. You alright bro'? Maybe it's time for another MRI and EEG....you know, just to make sure. Sometimes after brain surgery.........

Date: March 4, 2006 07:37

sultan of swing would be the asnwer.

keith richards, george harrison, clapton, santanta , hendryx would take decades to play like that.....

also...hendryx was a great electric guitar player, but acoustic ??? he sucked!!!!

clapton is good.....but electric guitar is he not that good......

keith richards.......he is an average guitar player.

george harrison? very innovative, but just above average.

mark knopfler can play all kinds of style.......he can play fast, slow, heavy metal, country everything.....

tghat's why he is the best of all time.

Date: March 4, 2006 07:49

I agree man, Knophler ROCKS !!. Last time I was in London he was down playing in the TUBE (I think he was freeforming on that "Money For Nothin'and the Chicks for Free" MTV classic and I just gotta say one thing - his hat was full - almost to the top - with coins !! Obviously a very big hit with the comuters - the Dude Rocks man, underground and most likely, overground too.....

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: March 4, 2006 09:26

DON'T FORGET THAT MACCA IS THE KING OF KINGS. MACCA IS THE BIGGEST LADIES' MAN IN TOWN. MACCA HAS SCREWED MORE WOMEN THAN BILL WYMAN, MICK JAGGER, JULIO IGLESIAS, TOMMY LEE, GENE SIMMONS AND CASANOVA ALL TOGETHER. YOU WOULD NEED A FIRE EXTINGUISHER TO COOL DOWN MACCA'S HUGE SEX DRIVE AT OCCASIONS. MACCA IS THE KING OF BASS, GUITAR, DRUMS AND PUTTING UP SHOWS THAT LAST ALMOST 3 HOURS. MACCA PLAYS SMASH HITS FROM THE BEATLES, WINGS AND FROM SOLO PROJECTS. MACCA IS THE KING OF KINGS. BUFFOON SEE!!!!!!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE A BUFFOOOOOOON NOT TO REALIZE THAT MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS EVEN GREATER THAN THE KING IN THE LORD OF THR RINGS. BUFFOOOON SEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUFFFOOONNN SEEE!!! MACCA IS THE GREATEST. WHEN MUHAMMAD ALI SAID HE WAS THE GREATEST HE REALLY MEANT THAT MACCA IS THE GREATEST MAN ALIVE.

MACCA IS THE BEATLES, WINGS AND THE MOST ESSENTIAL ARTIST EVER ON THIS PLANET AND ALSO IN OUTER SPACE. MACCA WOULD NEVER HOODWINK NOBODY AND HE'S THE MOST INDISPENSABLE ROCK STAR IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. MACCA NEVER PUT UP A MEDICORE SHOW AND HE ALWAYS PLAYS AT LEAST 2.5 H GIGS WITH OVER THIRTY SONGS. HELTER SKELTER IS THE BEST HEAVY METAL EVER WRITTER BY A BABOON AND DON'T FORGET MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS. MACCA IS LUBRICIOUS AND THE WOMEN LOVES HIM REAL MUCH. MACCA OUTDID THE STONES AT SUPERBOWL. THE AUDIENCE LOVED MACCA AND HIS BASS AND HIS TIGHT STOMACH AND CUTE ARSE. MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL COFFEE SHOPS OF AMSTERDAM AND HE'D NEVER SAY NO TO WEED, CRACK AND HEROIN. MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS. MACCA IS BETTER THAN MARK KNOPFLER WHO'D BE CONSIDERED AN AMATEUR COMPARED TO MACCA AND HIS SKILLS AS A GUITARIST.

BUFFFFOOOON SEEEEEE!!!!!! MACCA HAS BEEN AWARDED THE MEDAL OF HONOR AND A NAVY CROSS FOR HIS HEROIC ACHIEVEMENTS AS A NAVY SEAL IN COMBAT DURING THE WAR IN IRAQ.

MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL KINGS IN THE WHOLE OF THE UNIVERSE. MACCA IS A BETTER POLITICIAN AND STATESMAN THAN BONO. MACCA IS NOT A GREAT FAN OF JINGOISM. MACCA IS THE KING OF ALL BUFFFOOOON SEEEEE KINGS AND EMPERORS.

Posted by: BornOnTheBayou ()
Date: March 4, 2006 09:39

Ain't no guitarist better than Stevie Ray... cosmic laws don't allow that smiling smiley

"It's just that demon life has got me in it's sway..."

Date: March 4, 2006 09:40

Rank Outsider, WHOA... WHOA, is Starbucks having a 20 for one sale? You're gonna pop a blood vessel... Listen, he really rocked on Larry king tonight (and his hair color was a nice nutmeg brown). I must say that the Stones were better at the Superbowl but Macca was better at the Grammy's. I also agree with words 106 to 187 but not sure about 201 to 267. All in ALL It's a Fine Line.....

Posted by: uz2bstoned ()
Date: March 4, 2006 11:24

Hendrix sucked on acoustic? Have you heard Hear My Train A Comin? R U 4 real. Mark Knoplfer is a good guitarist but like Clapton is too correct. He is not Rock n Roll and neither is Clapton. keith is the KING of Rock n Roll guitar and there are many other "technical" players that are just as good as Knoplfer.

BAFFOON

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 4, 2006 11:27

YEAH HE'S A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN PAUL MCCARTNEY BUFFOON

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 4, 2006 11:35

I love Ferrante, I really do.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: March 4, 2006 11:39

And quietly in the corner is Hank Marvin - a lot of great guitar players (Mark Knopfler being one) would say it was Hank that turned them on to playing the guitar in the first place.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 4, 2006 11:50

Scotty Moore is another good one.
And I´ve already started a Knopfler-thread, brighthead smiling smiley...

Date: March 4, 2006 12:58

get out of here!!!!!!!!!!!
dire straits not rock and roll????

DIRE STRAITS PROBABLY ARE THE LAST TRUE ROCK AND ROLL BAND EVER.

WITH THE EXCEPTION OF BROTHERS IN ARMS, ALL OF THEIR ALBUMS ARE AS ROCK AND ROLL AS IT GETS.

FROM SULATNS OF SWING , TO TELEGRAPH ROAD, FROM PRIVATE INVESTIGATION TO LADY WRITER, FROM LION TO TUNNEL OF LOVE....ARE TRUE ROCK AND ROLL SONGS WITH A LITTLE MIX OF PUNK ROCK IN THERE.

MARK KNOPLER GUITAR SKILLS ARE BEYOND COMPARE. IF YOU SAW MARK KNOPLFER AT THE CONCERT FOR MONTSERRAT, HE SMOKED CLAPTON ON SGT PEPPER /THE END SOLO LICKS. IN 1986 DURING THE PRICNE TRUST CONCERT HE SMOKED CLAPTON AND STEVE RAY ON I SAW HER STANDING THEERE ALL STAR PERFORMANCE.

THE GUY CAN IMPROVISE, AND GO EVERYTHING.

HENDRYX KNEW ONLY HOT TO MAKE LOUD NOISE ON THAT STUPID ELECTRIC GUITAR OF HIS....BUT AS FAR PLAYING ACOUSTIC GUITAR, HE SUCKED PENISES. ON ACOUSTIC GUITAR, HENDRIX IS NO BETTER THAN MICK JAGGER.......

A GREAT GUITAR PLAYER MUST PLAY SUPERB ELECTRIC, ACOUSTIC, SPANISH, FOLK, HEAVY METAL GUITAR............

MARK KNOPLER IS SUPERB AT ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND HERE S THE PROOF.

SULTAN OF SWING, LADY WRITER, TELEGRAPH ROAD, MONEY FOR NOTHING, PRIVATE INVESTIGATION, TUNNEL OF LOVE, ROMEO AND JULIET.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: March 4, 2006 13:03

pull the other one Shearer

you'll be telling us next that Newcastle are a BIG football club!

Date: March 4, 2006 13:07

all i have to say is that shearer is the true england's captain, and he is the only one that can take england to the promised land.

shearer is the best striker of all time, better than ronaldo, better than vieri, better than totti, better than van nisteroid, better than owen and rooney. he is like fine wine, he gets better with time.

Date: March 4, 2006 13:13

shearer9, listen man , I totally agree. Hendrix just made noise, yes, so very true...and Mark Knoplfer smoked Clapton for sure, yes , yes all true my friend...listen, how did you manage to slip out of your straight jacket? Don't they supervise you guys in the institution? Maybe the Doc needs to take away those Knoplfer CD's and increase the Meds strength - you think so? You and I know what's true but maybe the rest of the slow poke world isn't ready to hear the TRUTH yet, but, you know...I'm with you....Money For Nothing and the Chicks For Free...yeah, that ROCKS....I'm with you shearer9, ALL THE WAY.....

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: March 4, 2006 13:43

shearer is better than Van Basten ? i don't think so

who's better shearer or macca ? heheheheh

Knopfler is very very good but i think witouht Hendrix , Clapton and the rest he would probably be lorry driver ir sth. Most of your posts are stupid

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 4, 2006 13:47

I repeat:

shearer9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BUT AS FAR PLAYING ACOUSTIC GUITAR, HE SUCKED PENISES.

Posted by: Love In Vain ()
Date: March 4, 2006 14:43

Lets see where Knoplfer would come on any best guitarist list

not in any order

Hendrix
Allman
Gallagher
Clapton
Page
Richard Thompson
Taylor
Page
Townsend
Jansch
Nick Drake
Stills
McLaughlin
SRV
Carthy
Robertson
Beck
Albert Lee
James Burton
Clarence White
Richards
Raitt

I could go on but it would be a long list before Knoplfer would creep onto it.

If you want to talk about acoustic and electric Rory Gallagher would have chewed Knoplfer up and spit out the bits on acoustic or electric.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-04 14:49 by Love In Vain.

Posted by: jseb ()
Date: March 4, 2006 16:44

i really love dire straits and the splendid solos of marc knopfler.

but we can't say that a guitarist is the best of all time : it's impossible to compare a keith richards to a BBKing to an eric clapton to a mark knopfler !

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 4, 2006 17:06

jseb Wrote:
> but we can't say that a guitarist is the best of
> all time : it's impossible to compare a keith
> richards to a BBKing to an eric clapton to a mark
> knopfler !

I really like Knopler too.
But you must understand Ferrantes' (or Shearers') rules:
There is only ONE winner, and the rest is crap.
It's like a fight, where it's all about being THE champion. Very black & white.

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: March 4, 2006 17:08

ill have Jeff Beck for my money.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 4, 2006 17:09

...not GE Smith?

Date: March 4, 2006 17:23

Erik_Snow Wrote:
> ...not GE Smith?

in the top few ! along with Mick Taylor of course...........

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 4, 2006 17:30

shearer9 Wrote:
> all i have to say is that shearer is the true
> england's captain, and he is the only one that can
> take england to the promised land.
>
> shearer is the best striker of all time, better
> than ronaldo, better than vieri, better than
> totti, better than van nisteroid, better than owen
> and rooney. he is like fine wine, he gets better
> with time.

I did not know that they allowed mental ward patients to have access to computers.............

Posted by: cherry red ()
Date: March 4, 2006 17:39

I hate the Knoplfer song list. I hate the vocals. I hate the lyricism. and I hate the overall production. Romeo and Juliet and the Walk of Life and all that tedious crap. Ugh! Basically dull and shallow pop tunes with good guitar.
"Here comes Johnny blah blah blah..." so the @#$%& what!? Sounds more like a merry go round tune than a rock and roll song!

Date: March 4, 2006 17:41

i think you will find that nobody has the goals per game ratio of Ruud Van Nistelrooy,since the days of Jimmy Greaves and Brian Clough in England.
and he has done it without playing in games against minor opposition in fa and league cup ties,he is always left out for those type of games.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: March 4, 2006 17:45

Yeah that Ruud Van Nistelrooy was phat............

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home