Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

O2 Arena Transport/Hotel
Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: October 22, 2009 11:53

I`m going to see Eric Clapton/Jeff Beck in the O2 Arena in Feb 2010.

Are there any reasonable hotels there?
Or if you have a hotel in the city, is it comfortable to use the Jubilee line to get to the O2 Arena?

Please share your experiences, thanks!

Re: O2 Arena Transport/Hotel
Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 11:58

Yea, the Jubilee line goes right there, there is no rason to have a hotel close to the O2.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:00

Happy24
Yea, the Jubilee line goes right there

wishful thinking -engineering works on the line most weekends,
makes travelling to and from the venue, an utter misery.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:04

Hi Eintracht,

The Jubilee line is fine but my advice is move towards the back of the hall for the encores and get out of the venue quickly so you don't have to queue up. Only once did I have to get a taxi from there and it was a nightmare - actually after the last Stones show there.

My advice is to find a cheap hotel in London - a good area for hotels is Bayswater and there is a also a German - if you're German - Youth Hostel there. It's also close to Portobello Road and Notting Hill so lots of restaurants and shopping facilities. Portobello Road has some great record shops and you can visit the house where Performance was shot.

You can check on here for some.
[www.laterooms.com]

Viel gluck SD

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:13

there are water taxis you can take down there - the one we took goes to the london eye. that's how the stones got to the 02 shows - their hotel had a dock on the river.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:13

Adrian-L
Happy24
Yea, the Jubilee line goes right there

wishful thinking -engineering works on the line most weekends,
makes travelling to and from the venue, an utter misery.

Well, I didn't know about that. I have been to O2 several times (the last time was actually 2 years ago) and I have never been there actually for a concert. I never had any problems with getting there, but it might be really different when there is a concert.

Whenever I was in London, I stayed in the area around the Paddington station / Bayswater - it is really nice there, a lot of hotels and hostels and it is close to everywhere.

Date: October 22, 2009 12:51

Thanks a lot!
Silver Dagger, you're right, I'm from Germany (Munich). Danke, T

Date: October 22, 2009 13:04

feel free to ignore my warnings,
regarding weekend travel chaos on the Jubilee Line,
just don't say you weren't told.

Date: October 22, 2009 13:15

Adrian-L,thanks. What would you recommend? A hotel close the the O2?

Date: October 22, 2009 13:25

yes- don't forget Greenwich is just down the road - some good, non-expensive accomodation can be found there and its on many bus routes (should the Jubilee Line be affected with wekend engineering works, at that time.)

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 22, 2009 14:28

During the Stones week we stayed at the IBIS Hotel just accross the 02 at the docklands. It's basic and not to expensive very convenient and quiet. I like the area as you can get right to the 02.

Date: October 22, 2009 18:59

Just booked the IBIS Hotel at the Docklands. 215 GBP for two nights for a double romm is not too bad. Thanks for all your comments. T

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: October 23, 2009 15:07

The Jubilee line can be chaotic at the moment, they tend to totally close down either north or south of the river on weekends, so check.
The Pilot Inn Pub just by the o2 and meeting point for Stones gigs does what I am told a good B&B and a fine pub as well.

HEED Adrian's warning re. the Jubilee line. altrenative would be the speed boat thingie to London Bridge.

Taxi back in to Central London. How much did that set you back.

Date: October 23, 2009 15:26

Nanker Phlegm, thanks for your comments. The Hotel is already booked and I think the location of the Hotel is very good. It seems a 15 min walk to the O2 and that's fine for me. I've been a couple of times in London for concerts (Royal Albert Hall, Twickenham Stadium) and I always liked to have a hotel close to the venue.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 23, 2009 15:40

I'd have stayed in the centre personally. The area around the venue is hardly inspiring

To have a venue there with such crap tube service is beyond crazy

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: October 23, 2009 18:51

There is nothing better than leaving a gig and just having to walk to your hotel. and 15mins is maximum. as for central london, you can allways go there the day of gig or the next day. when the gig is somewhere like the o2, you have to compromise on soemthing.

Have a good one and enjoye yourself.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2031
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home