Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: 3 ROCKIN' Vid's by Jack White's Band DEAD WEATHER - Helter sez -Check em' out
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 19, 2009 15:06

I am just IN LOVE with Jack White's (WHITE STRIPES) new band DEAD WEATHER. This guy is an ARTISTIC GENIUS. His lead singer has got it down - very sexy babe that knows how to command the stage - and his drum playing has shades of John Bonham/Led Zep (not bad). Check these out and tell me what you think (if you're gonna say "same old crap" then please give me the name of a new - VERY NEW - band that kicks ass like this band does) Helter

I CUT LIKE A BUFFALO

TREAT ME LIKE YOUR MOTHER

NEW PONY Live (Bob Dylan - Street Legal Song)

I got a New Pony/Her name was Lucifer/She broke her leg and needed shooting/I swear that it hurt me more than it could have ever hurted her.....(how much longer?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-19 23:51 by HelterSkelter.

Re: OT: 3 AMAZING Video's by Jack White's New Band DEAD WEATHER - Check em' out
Date: October 19, 2009 16:19

They Rock, No?

Re: OT: 3 ROCKIN' Vid's by Jack White's Band DEAD WEATHER - Helter sez -Check em' out
Date: October 19, 2009 23:53

Come on kids, leave just a TINY comment each (this took a lot of work !!) HAVE SOME SYMPATHY Por Favor....

Re: OT: 3 ROCKIN' Vid's by Jack White's Band DEAD WEATHER - Helter sez -Check em' out
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 19, 2009 23:59

Ok ok, I already heard the songs a while back, sounds fresch and "new" to me .

Date: October 20, 2009 00:02

B.t.w. you should check out the singer lost here name and the band she played in made some great records too

Date: October 20, 2009 00:08

It's Alison Mosshart of The Kills

Date: October 20, 2009 00:57

Thanks NICOS, yes THE KILLS, I have one KILLS CD but still must play it (still has the plastic smiling smiley ). I bought too many CD's in the last few months and am very behind - she's amazing, very in control !!!

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: October 20, 2009 01:32

OK, thanks for posting these vids... I've been really curious about this venture. I have a lot of respect for JW (go see the film IT MIGHT GET LOUD when you can), but I can't say these songs do much for me. Yes, they are good and "rocking" but that just isn't that hard to do, and I think JW has done some much more interesting stuff w/ the White Stripes and the Raconteurs, etc, in recent years. His drumming is definitely aiming at Bonham, but his fills are just not there, not even close. Anyone can whack the hell out of a kit, but not with the artistry and finesse of Bonham. Who can blame anyone in hard rock, though for trying to sound like John Bonham? Jack White has the luxury of being able to experiment with different musical settings, but this one is a bit too un-special for me. I think he's got a Zeppelin complex. Again, who can blame anybody for that? Next band he'll be playing a pipe organ in a funny outfit.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 20, 2009 01:41

First song reminds me to some Deep Purple stuff - ca.´72/´73...
by the way,is it JW himself or a Jello Biafra sample this track is starting with ?

Posted by: caesar ()
Date: October 29, 2009 20:15

Tate
(go see the film IT MIGHT GET LOUD when you can)
Go to see it! I went there 2 times and loved the movie. Combined of music, documentary, biography and interviews, this movie is very entertaining for music lovers esp. guitarists.
I didn't like JW in "Shine A Light", but now I love him, too. Very authentic guy.thumbs up

Date: October 29, 2009 20:30

Thanks Caesar and Tate, I just Posted that IT MIGHT GET LOUD is coming out on DVD on DECEMBER 22, just in time for Christmas - smiling smiley. Gettin' that one for sure !!!

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: October 29, 2009 22:47

Saw the Dead Weather in Manchester last week and would highly recommend them. Mosshart has got the wild frontwoman moves down, and Jack's just a genius. If they get near you, go see.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 29, 2009 23:05

Couple of new 7" vinyl singles on Jack's Third Man Records ...
Fly Farm Blues is a one-sided record with B-Side an etching of Third Man Records symbol....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 29, 2009 23:19

Rockman
Couple of new 7" vinyl singles on Jack's Third Man Records ...
Fly Farm Blues is a one-sided record with B-Side an etching of Third Man Records symbol....

This guy loves to sing the electric blues, man!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home