Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Rolling Stones Live - Joe Robbie Stadium, Miami, FL, November 25, 1994
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: February 11, 2015 06:20

I didn't catch it live but bought the VHS that year when it came out. The performance is fun, stellar setlist but a HORRIBLE sound mix. I remember trying the tape out on various systems to see if the sound mix required a certain setup. The drums are the lowest in any mix for a Stones show.

Despite the terrible sound mix, the performance is there. The hidden gem, for me, is Brown Sugar. Ronnie's minimalistic beautiful playing can actually be heard for once. One of my all-time favorite performances of BS.

If they recorded this show on proper multitrack we could hope for a solid release. I wonder whether they did. BUS on bluray! It wasn't "filmed" so 480i is the likely resolution that will be upscaled.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 11, 2015 12:30

Good performance, but the worst sound of all official live releases. As this was '94 I'd be surprised if this wasn't thoroughly recorded, so one can hope to see/hear a remix like the vaults-releases. This tour deserves a proper documentation as it was one of the better.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Date: February 11, 2015 12:32

audun-eg
Good performance, but the worst sound of all official live releases. As this was '94 I'd be surprised if this wasn't thoroughly recorded, so one can hope to see/hear a remix like the vaults-releases. This tour deserves a proper documentation as it was one of the better.

The Miami Dice-bootleg (with all the songs) sounds better, imo.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 11, 2015 13:43

But Heartbreaker was not very good, wasn't it?

Date: February 11, 2015 13:53

All the 94/95 version I've seen are pretty good. What happened in Miami? Can't say I remember a poor version from my bootleg.

Here's Oakland 1994:

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: February 11, 2015 18:34

saltoftheearth
But Heartbreaker was not very good, wasn't it?

I love the version of heartbreaker from miami 94! It´s one of the greatest in my opinion.
anyway, the oakland-version is interesting as well, good soundboard and a proshot. can´t remember that show on boot.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 11, 2015 20:15

Can't stand Cray. There's nothing there. I was flummoxed that a black man could play the blues with absolutely no emotion. His reputation has not improved over the years. Haven't even heard of him in a LONG time.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: February 11, 2015 20:53

The bootleg is best! You get Keith totally butchering his solo in SFTD, playing in the wrong box! The sound on the official release is horrible.

Ross

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 11, 2015 21:22

DandelionPowderman
Rik
Nice setlist, not a very good performance imho

What was wrong with the performance, apart from the lame sound mix? From memory, there were fantastic renditions of It's All Over Now, Satisfaction, Tumbling Dice, Who Do You Love and Monkey Man + the great acoustic set.

This is the show where Keith takes a nap on the SFTD solo and then when he does come around to playing it he slips out of key, to E flat, and NO ONE NOTICES!

Date: February 11, 2015 22:03

I remember that, Skip grinning smiley

Date: February 11, 2015 22:20

DandelionPowderman
I remember that, Skip grinning smiley

Ha ha! It's gotta be my favourite screw up of all time!

Date: February 11, 2015 23:14

It was not his first, nor his last solo in a different key smiling smiley

What about Ronnie's JJF solo on Handsome Girls (the version when Mick's mic didn't work)? He kept it going for nearly a minute, if memory serves.

Date: February 11, 2015 23:44

The one on this? Is this it? It's not out of key like Keith...

Date: February 11, 2015 23:55

Then it's one of the other JJFs on HG. It's hilarious anyway, and even worse than Keith's blackout.

Date: February 11, 2015 23:57

Alright, you got me rocking interested now. I've gotta find it.

Date: February 11, 2015 23:57

I'll have a look tomorrow.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 12, 2015 14:34

24FPS
Can't stand Cray. There's nothing there. I was flummoxed that a black man could play the blues with absolutely no emotion. His reputation has not improved over the years. Haven't even heard of him in a LONG time.

Yep, he was particularly dull. Probably brought in to underscore/pay homage to their musical roots. Not sure how you get to be a special guest. Do artists tender for the slot or do you get approached? Either way, I'm sure it all boils down to what will keep the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ flowing in.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: February 12, 2015 14:56

24FPS

Totally agreed. I simply do not understand his appeal. Even some who know their blues seem to like him, which is unfathomable to me.

Declan

Date: February 12, 2015 15:01

GasLightStreet
Alright, you got me rocking interested now. I've gotta find it.

It was only 13 seconds, but great fun just the same >grinning smiley<

Round the 3:05 mark:

Date: February 12, 2015 18:35

Ah ha ha ha ha - still not as bad as Keith's wonk!

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: February 12, 2015 23:49

Speaking of Tampa...is there a sbd recording of tampa around? I seem to recall seeing it on a filler of some other show.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: February 13, 2015 01:04

DandelionPowderman
audun-eg

The Miami Dice-bootleg (with all the songs) sounds better, imo.

I agree. Hope they brush up some recordings from this tour too. I especially like Charlies snare in those days. Deep wooden snare. Like nothing he has used either before or since.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: February 13, 2015 02:26

Haha memories - pretty sure I still have it on vhs somewhere but yes I remember counting down the days until it was on !

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: February 13, 2015 03:10

I own the DVD and listen to the "semi official" complete audio on Wolfgang's Vault all the time at work, solid.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 13, 2015 04:54

DD
24FPS

Totally agreed. I simply do not understand his appeal. Even some who know their blues seem to like him, which is unfathomable to me.

Declan

And Gary Clark doesn't have that much oomph either.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 13, 2015 11:26

Semi-OT but does anyone know if all the boots from this show are in mono or are some of them in stereo?

Date: February 13, 2015 11:35

24FPS
DD
24FPS

Declan

And Gary Clark doesn't have that much oomph either.

Two totally different sounds. Both are really good singers, though.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: February 13, 2015 13:54

DD
24FPS

Declan
Always thought this guy was/is light years ahead of Cray!

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: February 13, 2015 16:13

I also have a vhs from that tour shot at giants stadium that they were selling at the shows

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: February 13, 2015 16:39

I was there. Great show... great guests... the audience went crazy when they did their acoustic set and the small stage just appeared on the field somewhere... nobody was expecting it. A lot of excitement on the Voodoo tour... great opening song Not fade Away.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1965
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home