Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: THE FACES ONE-OFF REUNION, October 25 2009
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 26, 2009 17:32

thanks, MOWAT....but, I'd prefer we call them Some Faces or something....

Date: October 26, 2009 21:19

Here are a few pictures from the Albert Hall last night -

Bill with his new Rhythm King

and with Andy Fairweather-Low

Ronnie, Kenny and Ian with, I think, a relative of Ronnie Lane's (someone please correct me if that is wrong!) picking up an award at the end of the evening.

The 'Stay With Me' jam session at the end got kinda crowded - not sure what Ronnie was doing behind Kiki Dee though....

The final farewell.......

Thank you and good night.....

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 26, 2009 21:54

Fantastic pics! I'm sure Ronnie was playing like a champ. When he's got the stage to himself....he shines. He should force that mentality into the Stones today.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: October 26, 2009 22:00

Is there this taped or filmed ?

Keessie

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 26, 2009 22:16

thanks for the photos, MoWaT! great to see all them glowing Faces :E

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 23:06

Thanks for the photos and write ups smiling smiley

Posted by: JordiStones ()
Date: October 26, 2009 23:16

Great pics!
Thank you!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: October 26, 2009 23:36

sounds like a major rock royalty blast to me. thrilling! the pix of ron and bill together almost bring me to tears they are so beautiful...kenny looks great (oh my god those bastards killed kenney! :-0

oooooh south park flashback....

greatest pix...great great great to see bill there. the ONLY thing that could possibly be as moving as having dear ronnie lane back w us...bless his talented wondrous heart and soul....
well like to hear some of it for sure...hmmm, wonder what bill was cookin' up during faces numbers....very interesting to me....as a stones fan...
and ron too. i saw faces circa 1970 at fillmore east...u bet i saw one of the worlds finest rock acts ever that night...
heck with hwd rodney...he missed a chance to be with his equals and mates and take a chill pill off of the narci$$tic money go round...but he not man enough...hollywood rodney...

lovin' this thread. ty everybody!!

awww, look at Mac...this is priceless....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-27 01:00 by Beelyboy.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 27, 2009 00:13

Stewart's a dick for not showing up at this one. What a lame ass that guy has become. The gig however sounded like so much fun. Good on you guys that made it! The Bump Band is back in Chicago later next month, and I will be there.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:06

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:08

filstan
Stewart's a dick for not showing up at this one. What a lame ass that guy has become. The gig however sounded like so much fun. Good on you guys that made it! The Bump Band is back in Chicago later next month, and I will be there.
I know,would it really kill him to sing 3,4 songs.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 27, 2009 01:23

rod's the only one that gets my respect in this case

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: October 27, 2009 02:22

StonesTod

Rod's greatest American crapbook volumes 1-30 have removed any respect I had for him. The guy is a clown who seems to have lost interest in being a rock star. What a turd.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 27, 2009 03:35

Great clip NICOS.

It gave me chill bumps and teary eyes....

Love those guys.

Many thanks.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 27, 2009 03:40

sdstonesguy
StonesTod

Rod's greatest American crapbook volumes 1-30 have removed any respect I had for him. The guy is a clown who seems to have lost interest in being a rock star. What a turd.

the first four songbooks kick ass - can't vouch for the other 26 volumes....

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:18

Thank y'all most kindly for the reports, photos and cool video clip - sounds like it was a good one. Hope they are now convinced that they need to get ON TOUR!

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:29

NICOS, thanks so much for the film clip. These guys on stage clearly had some fun. Isn't that what it should be about at this point? A pity that Rod has other priorities. Ronnie Lane I'm sure was throwing empties from above in approval. A final note in shame goes to the rock and roll hall of fame for still NEVER nominating The Faces. How could this be?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: October 27, 2009 06:34

*drool*

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: October 27, 2009 09:48

Errr just goes to prove that

a) Rods a cock for not doing it and

b) That Mick Hucknall (despite the crap Simply Red albums/career) is more than capable of taking Rods place....and

c) Should immediately do so and go on tour with the Faces.

I'd be more than willing to pay say £40/50 per ticket to see them based on the above evidence.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: October 27, 2009 10:03

Great clip!

Ronnies playing is great and ironically Hucknall hit the notes Stewart couldn't reach now,as good as it would have been if he had done it.Hucknalls a bit of a Stones fan if i recall as well.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 27, 2009 10:15

Beast
Thank y'all most kindly for the reports, photos and cool video clip - sounds like it was a good one. Hope they are now convinced that they need to get ON TOUR!

You SAID it ... thas' EXACTLY what they need to do. I tell you what, you've never seen a bunch of people on a stage having such a good time, they loved every second of it, grins and smiles and nudges and winks and general "Ron Wood inspired" behaviour going on from the moment they hit it till the moment they left it. And yep, dear old Ronnie Lane must have been up there, grinning even more and hurling empties down on 'em - as someone already mentioned. That video clip reminds me of how wonderful Mick Hucknall was on vocals, and I agree with NickB - if Rod doesn't want to front the Faces, or can't do, then I'd willingly take them in this form with MH on vocals. He more than did them proud.

One thing that was particularly memorable for me was the reaction from the audience when the Faces were announced and they wandered onto the stage, the place literally transformed in character. Everyone, even right up in the gods at the top of the RAH, stood up, and there was this massive surge from the front of the stalls to FOS, myself included needless to say ... I ended up literally leaning on the front of the stage itself next to one of the agency photographers. The place went completely nuts.

I really really really hope this inspires them to reform and tour.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: October 27, 2009 10:29

I've never been a Mick Hucknall fan, not one bit - maybe it is something to do with his crap songs, but he's done a good job on this clip. An excellent job in fact. I think it sounded great.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Date: October 27, 2009 11:00

Yeh, Pauly, quite right about everyone on stage having a good time, grinning, smiling and winking at each other as well as the fact no-one quite knew what was going to happen next. The final encore, a repeat of Stay With Me, appeared to be decided in the moment......I guess nothing else was rehearsed!

Just wondering if Ronnie's clothing range includes an 'I Feel Like Rocking' design!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 27, 2009 12:34

is the leather jacket green or brown at last ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: October 27, 2009 20:53

It really was an amazing gig. Plus I must apologise to Mick Hucknall for all the things I've said about him over the years - what a voice! Simply Red are still pants though!!

I also met Feargal Sharkey outside the Hall - he was really chatty and very friendly.

Some of the acts I found a bit heavy going, but when the Faces came on the place just transformed. Everyone was on their feet and there was an amazing atmosphere. I'd been in 2 minds beforehand, as it can't really be a Faces reunion without Rod, but I'm so glad I went now!

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 27, 2009 22:51

here's a great link to a review from the Classic Rock Magazine, Think it kinda hits the nail right on the head.

Had me chuckling right through the article:

[www.classicrockmagazine.com]

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 27, 2009 22:56

While i'm mentioning Classic Rock Mag, here is a news link from their webpage, Optimistic news for those that wanna see the Ginger nut with Ronnie, kenny et al:

----------------------------------------

The Faces Reunion: More Than A One-Off

The Faces reunion in London on October 25 might not be a one-off.

The band are playing a charity event at the Royal Albert Hall, in aid of the PRS For Music Members Benevolent Fund and, says drummer Kenney Jones, more shows might happen.

“Don’t rule that out. We got together before Christmas last year to have a laugh and rehearse. And the intention then was do some special shows in 2009. But then our schedules got in the way. However, when the PRS [Performing Rights Society] asked if we’d pay at their 75th anniversary gig, we jumped at the chance, Especially, because the charity attached to this has done so much to help Ronnie’s family [this being late bassist Ronnie Lane, who died in 1997].”

Jones says he is proud of the way that The Faces have become such an enduring influence.

“It’s down to the great songs, I think. That’s what survived. And we always knew how to have fun as well. We enjoyed rock’n'roll!”

Apart form Lane, also missing at the Royal Albert Hall is frontman Rod Stewart. But he simply cannot get over to London.

“Rod was desperate to do it, but he’s got a lot of promotion for his new album in America, and has had to pass. But this is being done with his blessing.”

Joining Jones, guitarist Ronnie Wood and keyboard player Ian McLagan is former Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman, who’s played with the band before ["He's virtually become a regular member now"]. But who’ll be on vocals?

“That would be telling! We’ll have a few different ones. A mixture of our contemporaries and younger vocalists.”

Also billed to appear at the Royal Albert Hall gig are Simply Red’s Mick Hucknall, Spice Girl Mel C and Kiki Dee. Does this mean one or more of them will also step up to sing with The Faces? Cripes!

For further info, go to www.the-faces.com

----------------------------------------

Posted by: toostoned ()
Date: October 28, 2009 00:54

Before the show about 40-50 fans was waiting outside the stagedoor with
Stones albums, autograph-books and cameras hoping to meet Ronnie.
He did not arrive before the show began, but to be there was very Stones...

And the show...amazing and unusual to hear Ronnie sing and talk...
He was so energitic, enthusiastic and cheerful - he really enjoyed it,
and looks very ready for the next tour !

The surprise was Honky Tonk Women with Bill Wyman and his Kings.
Bill introduced :
"..and now one of these, yes, one of these..." - and he laughed.

Fantastic asmosphere and sound in Royal Albert Hall !
..and Melanie C`s butt is absolutely okay...

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: October 28, 2009 01:22

I hope someone recorded this? Sounds like a great show!

I agree they (Ronnie, Bill, Kenny, Ian and Mick H.) should do a tour.

Whether you like the Simply Red material or not Mick Hucknall has a great voice.

Doesn't Ian hang out in Austin, Texas these days?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 28, 2009 02:39

1cdog

Doesn't Ian hang out in Austin, Texas these days?

Yes, he lives there.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2095
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home