Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
THE FACES ONE-OFF REUNION, October 25 2009
Posted by: Bruce ()
Date: October 9, 2009 20:21

HELPING THE HEART OF MUSIC - A UNIQUE CELEBRATION
London, Royal Albert Hall
October 25th, 2009

To celebrate its 75th Anniversary and its unique history, the PRS for Music Members Benevolent Fund is proud to present a very special fund-raising concert. Backed by Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings throughout the show, artists will include:

Jan Akkerman, Melanie C, Paul Carrack, Kiki Dee, Chris Difford, Georgie Fame, Robin Gibb, Mark King and Mike Lindup (Level 42), Martin Taylor, Bill Wyman, Mick Hucknall and some Very Special Guests.

The Faces have also announced that, after 37 years, they will be reforming for one night to help a cause very dear to their heart. The original line-up read Ronnie Wood (guitar), Kenney Jones (drums/percussion), Ian McLagan (keyboards), Ronnie Lane (bass) and Rod Stewart (lead vocals). Unfortunately Rod Stewart won't be able to be there; however the missing members, Ronnie and Rod, will be replaced for the night by old friend Bill Wyman on bass and, by special invitation, a selection of very special vocalists.

It is their way of giving something back to fellow musicians, songwriters and composers in need, maybe those nearing retirement with limited pensions, those suffering hardship because of illness and families of those experiencing particular difficult times.

A registered charity, the Fund helps and supports musicians, songwriters, composers and their dependents, wherever they are, by awarding grants or loans. It offers a lifeline in times of financial stress and, in doing so, reinforces a very real and, in these days, much needed sense of community.

PRS for Music today has over 60,000 songwriter, composer and music publisher members, collecting and paying royalties to them whenever their music is played, performed or reproduced. With the rapid growth of the music industry, it is anticipated that in the coming decades its benevolent fund will prove particularly vital for many.

[www.royalalberthall.com]

Re: THE FACES ONE-OFF REUNION, October 25 2009
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 9, 2009 20:22

Old news ......

Posted by: wetland10 ()
Date: October 9, 2009 20:30

The Faces without Rod Stewart isn't that big of a deal.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 9, 2009 20:41

I think that any time Ron Wood is playing live, it is great news for a Stones' fan like me. Thanks for the updated post!

Posted by: Juha ()
Date: October 9, 2009 20:51

Ronnie and Bill together..

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 9, 2009 20:58

Juha
Ronnie and Bill together..

Like birds of a feather.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: October 9, 2009 21:09

Where's Rod? He couldn't take one night out of his busy schedule to do this? What a @#$%&!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 9, 2009 21:12

ohnonotyouagain
Where's Rod? He couldn't take one night out of his busy schedule to do this? What a @#$%&!

Would have to agree with u on that. I'm going, and I have to say that I would be genuinely disappointed if Rod doesn't show, even if it were to be for one or two tunes only.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: October 9, 2009 21:50

Rod doesn't show,then he is a jerk. I hope Ron realizes a good bit of the faces magic was his guitar tone. For the show to be a succsess he will have to bring it in the guitar tone dept. No wimpy thin tone!

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 9, 2009 21:58

Haven't they 'reformed' before this, thus making the 37 years wrong?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 9, 2009 22:11

rod's the only one that gets my respect on this - good for him - and shame on the rest for having the audacity to call this a faces reunion without him....

Date: October 9, 2009 22:23

Oh but this is OT. Even though a Rolling Stone is part of it, he wasn't a Rolling Stone before. So therefor, eh, this should be OT. I mean, where are all the Rhythm King threads?

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 9, 2009 22:35

Hey Bruce. Pay attention there at the back. This news was posted three weeks ago.

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: October 9, 2009 22:41

Ridiculous. It's like announcing a stones show but without Mick!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 9, 2009 22:46

it's like announcing a beatles show without yoko!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 9, 2009 23:24

skipstone

Ronnie, Mac and Kenney played together in 2005.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 9, 2009 23:39

erikjjf
skipstone

Ronnie, Mac and Kenney played together in 2005.

Rod, Ron, Ronnie, Mac and Kenney played together in 1986 at Wembley.

Date: October 9, 2009 23:39

So, that's essentially the same line up then. WHOOP.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 10, 2009 00:18

Ronnie, Rod and Mac also played together at the Hollywood Bowl in 2004.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 10, 2009 01:19

skipstone
Oh but this is OT. Even though a Rolling Stone is part of it, he wasn't a Rolling Stone before. So therefor, eh, this should be OT. I mean, where are all the Rhythm King threads?

Whether or not he was before or someone wasn't at the begining there are still two people who have in the Stones for most of their lives (well part of most of). That makes it an non OT in my mind, we talk about Mick Tatlor and Brian and their not in the Stones now, how different is that?

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: October 10, 2009 01:47

Feb 1993.

Brits Awards.....originally called BPI awards.

Ronnie, Mac, Kenney, Bill Wyman and Rod played 2 songs live.

Stay With Me was broadcast and I believe the other song played was You Can Make

Me Dance,Sing etc

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 10, 2009 02:58

skipstone

The Faces broke up in 1975, thus making 37 years wrong to begin with.

Posted by: curtisdavis ()
Date: October 10, 2009 03:13

Rod needs 2 get his a$$ on stage with them that night,he can show the world his true talent,if he does I will even forgive his last 5 albums plus the Soul album.If he does not do this he is being very selfish just like there last year together.

Coming Down Again

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: October 10, 2009 03:14

All you people whining about this better take another look at the line-up. That's a terrific band you are putting down. Paul Weller, etc., doing vocals would be just fine. Everybody in that band, except Mac, were on the studio version of It's Only Rock n Roll, so let's imagine Keith and Mick walking out for the finale number with one of the best bands ever to come out of of England.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 10, 2009 03:22

Carnaby
let's imagine Keith and Mick walking out for the finale number with one of the best bands ever to come out of of England.

Let's not. This concert is supposed to be about the Faces, not the Faces opening for the Rolling Stones.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: October 10, 2009 03:49

tatters
Carnaby
let's imagine Keith and Mick walking out for the finale number with one of the best bands ever to come out of of England.

Let's not. This concert is supposed to be about the Faces, not the Faces opening for the Rolling Stones.

Yeah, I know. That went through my mind. Just trying to shut everybody up, I guess.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 10, 2009 04:17

first we have to get rod there before we worry about mick n keith showing up

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 10, 2009 05:05

Carnaby
All you people whining about this better take another look at the line-up. That's a terrific band you are putting down. Paul Weller, etc., doing vocals would be just fine. Everybody in that band, except Mac, were on the studio version of It's Only Rock n Roll, so let's imagine Keith and Mick walking out for the finale number with one of the best bands ever to come out of of England.
I'm with you on this. People get too caught up with names. I don't care what they call it. Although using the name The Faces may help sell tickets and since it's for a charity I don't see how that's a bad thing. But either way,it looks like a good group of musicians getting together and hopefully playing well. At least they're out there doing what they love. Playing music. What have Mick and Keith done lately?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: October 10, 2009 20:11

wetland10

Even though it technically isn't "The Faces", anytime you get this many well known and talented artists on stage, it's going to be special evening. A person would be foolish to miss an event like this.

Scotty
Irvine, CA

Date: October 10, 2009 20:23

[email protected]
wetland10

Even though it technically isn't "The Faces", anytime you get this many well known and talented artists on stage, it's going to be special evening. A person would be foolish to miss an event like this.

Scotty
Irvine, CA

Quite agree Scotty, which is why I will be there!

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home