Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: THE FACES ONE-OFF REUNION, October 25 2009
Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: October 10, 2009 20:40

Any clips of the other faces reunions?

Go Dawgs!

Date: October 17, 2009 16:38

Paul Rodgers guesting on lv .....

(quote) Meanwhile, Stewart says that commitments to promote "Soulbook" are also keeping him from rejoining the Faces for an Oct. 25 fundraiser for the Performing Rights Society's Music Members' Benevolent Fund at London's Royal Albert Hall, though he applauded the choice of Paul Rodgers to sing in his stead. As for any other Faces reunions, Stewart says there's "nothing concrete yet" and anything will be dependent on his schedule as well as the Rolling Stones' plans for guitarist Ron Wood.

(http://www.billboard.com/news/rod-stewart-hopes-soulbook-album-launches-1004023260.story#/news/rod-stewart-hopes-soulbook-album-launches-1004023260.story)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 17, 2009 17:47

Get Rod and Tetsu there. Then invite Mick T., Mick J., Keith, and Charlie.

Now ya got the makings of a special night.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: October 17, 2009 19:22

Yes, Scotty..I agree..saw Ian McLagan at a couple of small club shows in L.A. recently...wow!...only saw Bill Wyman once in 1981..but cool smiling smiley

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: October 17, 2009 19:24

Ronnie Lane is cool too...played @ Ian's L.A. shows.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 17, 2009 19:47

dishevelmentblues

(quote) Meanwhile, Stewart says that commitments to promote "Soulbook" are also keeping him from rejoining the Faces for an Oct. 25 fundraiser for the Performing Rights Society's Music Members' Benevolent Fund at London's Royal Albert Hall, though he applauded the choice of Paul Rodgers to sing in his stead. As for any other Faces reunions, Stewart says there's "nothing concrete yet" and anything will be dependent on his schedule as well as the Rolling Stones' plans for guitarist Ron Wood.

(http://www.billboard.com/news/rod-stewart-hopes-soulbook-album-launches-1004023260.story#/news/rod-stewart-hopes-soulbook-album-launches-1004023260.story)

In other words he can make more money on his own than with The Faces.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: October 17, 2009 20:27

To be fair, they are billing it as "one off".

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 17, 2009 21:21

sweetcharmedlife
dishevelmentblues

In other words he can make more money on his own than with The Faces.eye rolling smiley

Holy shit, Paul Rodgers is gonna perform ? I'm in heaven. I just picked up a pair of truly killer seats late late late late in the day, there's still tix available .......

[www.royalalberthall.com]

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 17, 2009 22:24

GuessWho
Feb 1993.

Brits Awards.....originally called BPI awards.

Ronnie, Mac, Kenney, Bill Wyman and Rod played 2 songs live.

Stay With Me was broadcast and I believe the other song played was You Can Make

Me Dance,Sing etc

I remember watching this. They played Stay with me and Ruby Tuesday.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 26, 2009 02:11

Just got back from the RAH. The Faces closed the show ... opened with Cindy Incidentally, closed with Stay with Me, and did it again for an encore with the Rhythm Kings and pretty much all the other performers. Mick Huknall on vocals. A TREAT ... ya shoulda bin there !!!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-26 02:13 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2009 02:19

jamesfdouglas
GuessWho
Feb 1993.

Brits Awards.....originally called BPI awards.

Ronnie, Mac, Kenney, Bill Wyman and Rod played 2 songs live.

Stay With Me was broadcast and I believe the other song played was You Can Make

Me Dance,Sing etc

I remember watching this. They played Stay with me and Ruby Tuesday.

Stay With Me was broadcast. The other song was Sweet little Rock n Roller.

As far as I remember, Rod did sing 'Ruby Tuesday' (it was his latest single) but it wasnt with The Faces.

Date: October 26, 2009 02:25

paulywaul
Just got back from the RAH. The Faces closed the show ... opened with Cindy Incidentally, closed with Stay with Me, and did it again for an encore with the Rhythm Kings and pretty much all the other performers. Mick Huknall on vocals. A TREAT ... ya shoulda bin there !!!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!

And the other song was Ooh La La ...............

And it was f f f f f f f f f f firkin' great, yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee again !!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 26, 2009 07:29

>> And the other song was Ooh La La <<

glad to hear it, and glad it grooved you paul! did Ronnie sing it?
tell us more! [passing popcorn]

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:20

Some photos from Getty Images:
[www.gettyimages.com]#

Date: October 26, 2009 12:26

I have a few pictures which I will post here this evening - good to see Bill and Ronnie standing next to each other, playing guitar, been a while since I last saw that!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:34

Aaaahhh,

That must have been good to watch and hear. How was Ron doing? I see pictures of him
behind a microphone. Guess that was for the harmonies during Ooh La La?
Would love to hear some recordings.

Date: October 26, 2009 13:02

Ronnie looks good in all pictures. Doesn't look drunk or goofing off. He has the real Faces guitar, and is center stage. I like that.
Who are all those other strange people? Who sang for the Faces?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 26, 2009 13:40

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-26 13:43 by bv.

Date: October 26, 2009 13:54

Palace Revolution 2000
Ronnie looks good in all pictures. Doesn't look drunk or goofing off. He has the real Faces guitar, and is center stage. I like that.
Who are all those other strange people? Who sang for the Faces?

Mick Hucknall sang ... and did a cracking job.

Date: October 26, 2009 14:22

Is Kenney wearing a shirt painted by Ron?

Date: October 26, 2009 14:24

marcovandereijk
Is Kenney wearing a shirt painted by Ron?

Correct

Date: October 26, 2009 14:34

I had to google Hucknall. I remember that group; or that song. On the radio over and over. He stood in for Rod?? Hmm...you say he was good Pauly?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 26, 2009 14:46

Cant see why thats surprising. Hucknall always has been a very good, soulful singer. Its just that, with the exception of a couple of his early hits, he happens to make crap records.

Date: October 26, 2009 14:53

Gazza
Cant see why thats surprising. Hucknall always has been a very good, soulful singer. Its just that, with the exception of a couple of his early hits, he happens to make crap records.

Precisely. Great singer, just crap material he's chosen to release himself.

Date: October 26, 2009 15:09

I wonder how Bill fitted in to the Faces sound. Ronnie Lane usually had a rather loud and fat
bass sound and in a one guitar band played very distinguished riffs. Bill of course is usually
more swinging with a rather dry sound. Any comments by those who were happy enough to witness?

Date: October 26, 2009 15:15

Certainly not loud and fat, quite the contrary I would say .... but then I have a notoriously crap ear, so don't take my word for it.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 26, 2009 16:08

no videos yet? and what about Ronnie - was he audible in the mix, did he play alright?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 26, 2009 16:34

how was rod?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 26, 2009 16:59

set list?

Date: October 26, 2009 17:18

There was over three hours of music, performed by an array of artists as previously detailed in this thread - although with the surprise addition of Andy Fairweather-Low who played 'Wide Eyed and Legless' and the Amen Corner hit 'Paradise' and Rik Wakeman who played a solo piece on the piano : 'Eleanor Rigby in the style of Prokofiev' which was suitably eccentric.
Bill and the Rhythm Kings (who were the house band for the night) ended the first half of the show with Honky Tonk Women with Bill on vocals.
After the interval in which we took Mr Wyman's advice and 'had a large refreshment', the second half shifted up a gear and when Mick Hucknall took to the stage, he turned around to Bill and said "what are we doing?" to which Bill replied "you name it and I'll play it!"
After MH, the finale was of course to be the much-vaunted 'Faces reunion' and we wondered who would (or wouldn't) be walking on to the stage next, Feargal Sharkey who was the MC for the evening, introduced.....Kenny Jones, Ian Maclagan and Ronnie Wood. Ronnie certainly looked like he was happy to be there on stage with his old band mates (Bill included!) with plenty of hand shaking and general bonhomie taking place before they launched into their set.
Ronnie sounded good and it was a joy to hear and see him play guitar with gusto! Stay With Me (both performances of it) was particularly good and a fine way to end the show. The final encore version had upwards of 30 musicians on stage in a celebratory jam.
So, the 20 minutes or so Faces set was undoubtedly the highlight of the evening.
To answer your question T&A....how was Rod? Probably very well, but not at the Albert Hall!

Will post a couple of pictures later.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home