Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: A message for serial OTers
Posted by: squando ()
Date: October 9, 2009 10:36

In the words of BV - let's refresh some memories:

Off topic posts
IORR is a board dedicated to The Rolling Stones and related topics. Still, other interesting topics may be accepted at times, as long as they are not offending, and as long as there are not too many of them at any time. Make sure you mark your Off Topic post with "OT:" in the subject field. In order to keep the OFF TOPIC number low - after all this is a ROLLING STONES board, not Facebook or Twitter, the IORR Editor will simply remove a lot of the Off Topic posts when they show up. Please do not post off topic, unless it is very important to a lot of us, or very interesting in general. Please no more "see me playing in my band" or other types of me-centric posts. Simply too many off topics. Thanks for your understanding.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-09 20:02 by bv.

Re: A message for serial OTers
Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: October 9, 2009 14:18

ANOTHER ONE? Yes, we know thank you. We've just had at least 4 threads this past month about OT's. eye rolling smiley

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: October 9, 2009 14:41

Bjornulf promised to cancel them.

Still waiting...

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: October 9, 2009 14:57

Squando - although I do agree with you about the frenetic OT-posters... (They really need to get friends in real life. One poster here had ONE Stones-related post among his 300 latest posts.) I've noticed things have improved a lot here.
The OTs are not as many as they were.
And here's a little tip off to you: Before starting a new thread on "we hate OTs", it ight be an idea to just continue on one of the other threads on the subject.
Just go to SEARCH. Type OT's and find the thread and start writing. It works most of the time, but not always.
I recon there are many newbies here, and a lot of people who don't feel too comfy around PCs, so a little navigation help might be a good thing.
Anyway - I share your view!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 9, 2009 15:06

You forgot to put OT at the front of your message! hot smiley

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: October 9, 2009 15:27

sorry ... wrong place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-09 16:25 by straycat58.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 9, 2009 16:09

"The mail militia has got itchy fingers ..."

"No reason to get excited ..."

"Just be cool down in the front there, don't push around."

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 9, 2009 18:41

re: serial OTers

I don't completely disagree. ANd I think I know who ADDICTED is referring to in his post...

But...let BV decide which OT's he'll delete.
I think it's weird that SQUANDO (a relative newbie w/271 posts) is policing the board.

I don't know why some people get so bothered by it...just ignore OT threads
if they bother you.

OT's are ok when there's nothing new coming from the Stones.
Better than repeat threads like: Who has a Stones Tattoo? Who's better Ronnie or Mick Taylor?
How many times have you seen them in concert? etc... Those threads can always be accessed
and added to with the SEARCH button.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-09 18:42 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 9, 2009 18:48

Sqandro, what's your problem? Are you the new moderator? If not then close your mouth. I enjoy the OT posts! After all, taking the p*ss out of the Black Crowes posts is so much fun! Lighten up, already.smoking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 9, 2009 19:02

I really didn't want to make a "bump "answer on squando ownOT thread but here is the answer I 've posted on my thread about "attacked messengers" :

[www.iorr.org]

BTW , squando, you may have noticed I've posted on IORR many more Stones threads than O.T's threads.

I am sure the subject was serious enough to be posted here on the board ,even as an OT ,as far as many persons are concerned by it.
Look what happened to swiss some days ago :her mail box was hacked.
And there is only one person who can decide if this OT has to be delated : bv.

So, "dude" ,as you said , for these reasons ,I really think your answer to me wasn't fair and quite inappropriate.
Cheers ,Sway .

For you only ,squando :
Qui veut faire quelque chose trouve un moyen. - Qui ne veut rien faire trouve une excuse.

When you want something ,are you trying to find a way or an excuse to do nothing .
My translation is pretty bad.But even in French ,it fits to you.

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Re: A message for Serial OTer's
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 9, 2009 19:19

What's an OT?

just mellow out "Fascist Man" without OT's the board would be dead !!! I've NEVER seen the Stones so inactive (yeah, and I go back with them BEFORE the 1981 tour unlike many on here) - besides the Ya-Ya's special release and Exile special release there is nothing but vague rumor.... it's very possible the Stones have secretly retired so what do you want? Another thread on the Jag's Hair? Rug or Dye job? Come on dude, get real..... I've noticed a lot of good people have left, doesn't help the board what-so-ever..... IMHO

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: October 9, 2009 19:39

You guys should be thankful that there are so many people on this board. Ease up on the "only stones content!" rhetoric. I post on a few message boards that are dedicated to a single band and, I must say, this one is definitely the most uptight, unfortunately. But I still come here because of the Stones content AND the OT content and the good people. This is a great place to receive news about various topics. A lot of bands have their forums separated into categories.
Stones News
Stones Live
Stones Stories
Stones Bootleg and Trading
Off Topic
why doesn't BV do something like that?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: October 9, 2009 19:52

I come up with Stones threads when something bugs me or I want to know something or just, I dunno, marvel at something. There's always something to think about - but it's not for always ie every day, every hour etc...

Some OTs are - they are what they are. Get involved or don't. For instance, I avoid Starbucks. It's that simple.

Posted by: izzyanderson ()
Date: October 9, 2009 19:58

skipstone
Get involved or don't. For instance, I avoid Starbucks. It's that simple.
Exactly. Nobody is forcing anyone to open and read OT posts. There's 500 channels on tv. Do you enjoy all of them? No. So instead of calling your satellite provider to complain, just don't watch them.

Re: OT: A message for serial OTers
Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: October 9, 2009 20:49

If you don't post a good "OT" now and then you're not a real fan

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 9, 2009 20:52

Most OT-posts are far more interesting then:

the:
keiths ears thread
Micks wig
Ronnie vs Mick T part 1094
Mick T vs Ronnie...

Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: October 9, 2009 21:35

Well CHECK THAT OUT, 4 Brilliant, highly intelligent, logical posts from my man Skipper on down... "Freedom of Choice", that's what we're all saying, don't like an OT? just pass it by, no need to become a control freak about the whole board....

BTW, I do wish the Stones would put out an official word about future plans, we seem much more concerned than they do and that just ain't right.......

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2009 21:42

Factory girls often do OT ..... That's why alotta times ya gotta wait for 'em ...sometimes even in the rain

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: October 9, 2009 23:49

What has the original post on this thread got to do with The Rolling Stones. Delete it for it offends my eyes.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: October 9, 2009 23:51

Nanker Phlegm
What has the original post on this thread got to do with The Rolling Stones. Delete it for it offends my eyes.

Yup.

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: October 10, 2009 00:16

It's funny how when you see something in print, your mind wants to read it differently. Whenever I see "squando", I automatically think, "guano".

Posted by: 6853 ()
Date: October 10, 2009 00:16

my logic is : I happen to find RS fans AND THEIR OPINIONS interesting... the music of the Stones that brings us together, we have that in common. Therefore i feel that posts here are newer OT, being opininons of RS fans,

is this maybe OT? smiling smiley

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: October 10, 2009 00:41

HelterSkelter
... it's very possible the Stones have secretly retired so what do you want?

ha....love it.....no one can really prove they haven't.

last week i was talking to a neighbor. he said he was a big fan of Coldplay (yuk)
and I said "I'm a Rolling Stones guy myself" and he asked me - "did they reunite?". winking smiley
he was not trying to be clever.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: October 10, 2009 00:58

sweet neo con
HelterSkelter
... it's very possible the Stones have secretly retired so what do you want?

ha....love it.....no one can really prove they haven't.

last week i was talking to a neighbor. he said he was a big fan of Coldplay (yuk)
and I said "I'm a Rolling Stones guy myself" and he asked me - "did they reunite?". winking smiley
he was not trying to be clever.

well, did they?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 10, 2009 01:52

HelterSkelter
What's an OT?

An OT is an O(bama)T(hread) deleted by Bjornulf,haha...

Date: October 10, 2009 11:17

HAHA!! I knew it. Hissy fits abound!

Sweet Neo Con ma man a detective you are not as I've been haunting these parts since 2001 - so if you consider that a relative newbie then at two years you are a fetus compared to me (relatively speaking). I had another name once upon long ago...so perhaps you may not be left abandoned now in the land of weird as I am also policing nothing - just refreshing the memory of those who are ruining this board with incessant OT threads.

And with regard to "OT's are ok when there's nothing new coming from the Stones"- why? This is a place for predominantly Stones speak and some posters here basically post about anything but. OT threads in themselves are not the problem per se, it is the handfull of posters that do little else but. There is plenty to talk about regarding the Stones. None of us here is a know all even though some like the appearance of such.
And out of curiosity, whether I had posted 271 times, 10 or 3 million times, how is this pertinent to anything?

Yorkey having read some of your posts your little post on this thread is completely in keeping with your history here tiger. Arid and redundant. However for your edification I'll let you in on a secret - this is a Rolling Stones board.

Addicted thanks for the tip although I thought it needed a fresh thread to try and drill the point home. No doubt however it will be in vain. I too suspect I know of the person of whom you allude to. Some people are (OT wise) truly terrible and need to find flesh and blood buddies me finks....

Silver Dagger I did not forget to put 'OT" in the subject line I simply chose not to given the content of the thread relates directly to this board. But you may make a better detective than Sweet Neo Con so you are on the propspective Captain of Police @ IORR list. Please stand by for further instructions.

And Heiloobaas...

"Sqandro, what's your problem? Well not spelling to begin with.

Are you the new moderator? No.

If not then close your mouth. It is. I am at a keyboard - not talking. And do not be rude princess.

I enjoy the OT posts! Good for you.

After all, taking the p*ss out of the Black Crowes posts is so much fun! Have no idea how to respond to that.

Lighten up, already. You can fill me with helium sweetpea but it ain't gonna change the fact this is a Rolling Stones and not an OT board.

Swaystones in response to your jeremiad - "And there is only one person who can decide if this OT has to be delated : bv."
Really? Big tip dudette - they are his words.
And you getting offended ma dear at someone asking you to tone down your OTs because you posted a thread that is so silly when relating it to this board it is baffling. Don't understand your translation either but thank you for giving me something that fits...

Helterskelter thank you for calling me a facist in you "humble" opinion. Hahaha. And why ask what an OT is and then in the very next line tell me that without them the board would be dead?
"Come on dude, get real..... I've noticed a lot of good people have left, doesn't help the board what-so-ever..... IMHO".
I notice you still are however...

Retarded post of the year:
"If you don't post a good "OT" now and then you're not a real fan" eye rolling smiley
Dear oh dear...what a case study you would make.

At least trusty old Helterslelter deems it to be "Brilliant, highly intelligent" and "logical". Bwahahaha.

"What has the original post on this thread got to do with The Rolling Stones. Delete it for it offends my eyes." Take a hold of the two iq points you have, rub them together, start a fire and then throw your eyes into it. This way your eyes will no longer work ergo you will no longer be offended. The statement (BV's I will add once again) is directly related to a Rolling Stones board babycakes. How is that OT?

"Some OTs are - they are what they are. Get involved or don't. For instance, I avoid Starbucks. It's that simple."
And water's wet Skip - I get it. The thread is directed at serial OTers if you'd kindly get my point.

"Exactly. Nobody is forcing anyone to open and read OT posts" ahh that's right, water's still wet...

If you serial OTers want to talk to cyber space buddies grab their email address, or heaven forbid go try and find a real person to talk to. Most agree some OTs are fine but for some people here it is a way of life and gives off the appearance of compulsion. And to all you sweethearts chucking sads at me - thank you as you gave me a good chuckle at just how stimulated some adults can be get when their lollypops are taken from them.

ps - To the others let's rock on and talk Stones....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-10-10 11:20 by squando.

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: October 10, 2009 11:54

If you had downloaded the Dead you would know: "believe it if you need it, if you don't just pass it on."

Who is obligated to click on an OT link? I think they spice up the board. Well, most of them.

Sway Stones, I would put it:

Who wants something finds a way, who doesn't finds an excuse.

Nice quote.

Date: October 10, 2009 12:17

It didn't download them I went one better and lent an album from a friend. And re "Who is obligated to click on an OT link?" Howabout 73% of people? A pointless answer that suits a pointless question meladio...

"Who wants something finds a way, who doesn't finds an excuse." Yes a lovely quote though I admit to failing to see it's relevance to this thread.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: October 10, 2009 12:27

squando
Yorkey having read some of your posts your little post on this thread is completely in keeping with your history here tiger. Arid and redundant. However for your edification I'll let you in on a secret - this is a Rolling Stones board.

I apologize for not dedicating my life and soul to a website with little to none Stones news. And you seem to have missed that this forum consists of more Stones-related topics than OT's.

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: October 10, 2009 12:33

"I apologize for not dedicating my life and soul to a website with little to none Stones news." Rest easy for you are forgiven.

"And you seem to have missed that this forum consists of more Stones-related topics than OT's." Really? How do you figure I'm of that opinion? Especially when I'm not?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home