Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

To every fans going to Barcelona and/or Madrid
Date: December 14, 2005 20:43

Hello everybody,

Today i finaly got tix through presales for Barca and Madrid. No need to say it was a total mess up.
Did you notice at the end of the transaction, Caixa says customers with foreign credit card won't be able to get their tix the days before through Caixa ATMs, but will have to pick up their tixs at the venue box office the day of the the show. And as i know, before the show means max 2 hours before. We talk about GA concerts, it means all the people who got their tixs through rs presales will be @#$%& up if they expected a good spot.
We had that kind of problem in 2003 for the Olympia concert in Paris. I know the situation (theatre show) was different, but a few of us, at least some members from the french board sent a request to rs.com, because the fan club wristbands were supposed to be delivered at the Olympia the day of the show, after the public sale wristbands (which means we would have lost our spot in the queue). Much to our surprise, rs.com did care about the problem and asked ticketnet, the french ticketing service, to change the process (and finaly we where allowed to pick up our tix one day before the concert, like every other people).
So, if you feel concerned about this problem, what do you think about sending mails to rs.com (i know they are not really guilty about what happened today, but after all Caixa and rs.com are partners) asking them to allow foreign fans to get their tixs early? I doesn't seem so impossible to open a box office at the stadium in the morning or just after noon.
Any advice about this?

JUmpin' Jack Flash from www.theworldisstones.com

Re: To every fans going to Barcelona and/or Madrid
Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 14, 2005 20:45

Yeah, I completley agree, good idea!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-14 20:46 by Lorenz.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 14, 2005 20:47

Agree

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: December 14, 2005 20:50

Absolutely !!
lets do something about this!!~
How shall we start??

Posted by: voodoo ()
Date: December 14, 2005 21:10

Totally agree with you!

Date: December 14, 2005 21:11

I propose every concerned people to send a mail to rs.com, asking them to contact Caixa and manage a different process for tickets. In my own request i will insist on the fact that i'm a dedicated fan, who makes a lot of sacrifices to see the Stones outside my own country, paying for memberships to get good tickets, and that i see this situation as very unfair. To be cool, i will talk about the Olympia story with thanks to rs.com for taking care of the problem we had.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: December 14, 2005 21:12

Someone post the RS.com email address here, please?
Good idea to write them smiling smiley

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Date: December 14, 2005 21:21

Completely agree !!

Date: December 14, 2005 21:21

Good question, i've been unable to find an email adress on the site, but check this page [www.rollingstones.com] , there is a link to contact rs.com staff.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 14, 2005 21:43

Don't worry so much : i was in Barcelona in 1998 in the same situation.
I could take my tix at the will call office around 2.00 pm.
Then, we were in the first at the door but they opened it at around 5.00 pm.
I could hear the soundcheck (PIcool smiley from outside.

Posted by: keith the second ()
Date: December 14, 2005 22:29

We went to U2 this summer at Nou Camp. We had to collect our tickets and at 7pm we could get in (after waiting for 4 hours). Terrible. You don't want to know where we were standing. All because of those lazy spanish.

It might be not a bad idee if we could mail this problem to rs.com, but we have to sent te same mail, all together. So, if they receive all these mails, who knows if they'll do something about it.
What's the point in buying FOS-tix when you're getting in at 7pm.

So if somebody would post a basic-mail (if you don't I will) we could copy and paste it to rs.com

Date: December 15, 2005 07:53

Is there a good writer there? My English isn't good enough to do it.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: December 15, 2005 08:49

In this case it's best if everybody sends an email by themselves. Can be short. RS.com will be more alerted if there are ## emails. If IORR wants to send a mail in general for all the fans, this would also be a good idea. First goal is to alert them.

I'll send an email today, requesting tickets pick-up one day before the show.

Cheers

Peter

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: December 15, 2005 09:13

Anybody got contactdetails?

Date: December 15, 2005 09:49

Regarding contact details : Look up under "help" on the rs-com site. I used this once. Got a reply within 10 minutes AND could continue "discussing" with them in "normal" e-mails.

Date: December 15, 2005 10:26

I started a new topic: "Barcelona: everybody mail to RS.com." with a basic mail to rs.com witch you could copy+paste.
I did sent it to support@rollingstones.com. This is not the correct adress for such matters, but if they receive enough mails, they know where to forward them to.
If somebody knows a better adress, please post it.

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: December 15, 2005 10:26

I just have send this message, if every body does the same:

Finally got my tickets for Spain. According to a lot of fans in other homepages it is a nightmare to collect tickets at the spot. But for foreigners you can only pick up the tickets on a very short notice before the event. This means you might have a Front Of Stage Ticket, but will be back, because of the line at the will call.
PLEASE NEGOTIATE WITH THE SPANISH VENDOR ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND HELP FOREIGN FANS

Date: December 15, 2005 10:37

Here's my message:

Dear rs.com,

Today I bought tickets (FOS section) for the concert at Barcelona 27/05/06.
The only way to receive the tickets is to collect them at the stadium the same day as the concert, if you live outside of Spain.
I think that you’ll understand that the biggest fans of the Stones are flying in especially for this concert.
In the past when I went to concerts in Spain and also had to get inline to collect my tickets, I received them about 7pm the day of the concert. (this is the Spanish way)
I think that I don’t have to tell you were I was standing.
Terrible.
Should it be possible to sent the tix by post (payed for) or at least that we could collect them in the “morning” before the concert, or the day before (better). I know that this is a case for the ticket-agency, but in this matter we really need your help.
We know that the Stones care about there fans, and this would be a great help to a few hundreds of international fans in the FOS section.
Thanks a lot in advance for al your trouble and see you next year in the FOS-section.
Kind regards,

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 15, 2005 10:38

you have my full support on this.
It's bloody outrageous.
Join fanclub...
pay 100 bucks, to get screwed around by RS.com, as they struggle with ineptitude, to get Barcelona presales available on time.

Finally, a couple of hours later, when a connection to the ticket site is available, there's no U.K (or other language translation, option), you're not sent a confirmation e-mail of purchase, and you're expected to take a passport/credit card/deeds of house/any other valuable family heirlooms, to some box office shack, pre-gig, to (hopefully collect tickets). With probably about 10,000 other people. So its not too hard to imagine what the queue's in the barcelona heat, are going to be like, for this little exercise. It's going to add unwanted and unnecesary stress- to what should be a happy occasion.

It's an abysmal and disgustingly, badly run and organised venture.
There is not a positive-spin, that can be put on this.
Shame on you RS.COM

Date: December 15, 2005 21:40

Here is mine:

Dear Sir and Madame,

I would like to address a problem concerning the recent Spanish presales and sales.

I am a member of the French Stones message board and I know this problem is very concerning to a large number of fans (both in France and internationally), so I am sending this letter to you in hopes that you will be able to help fans who bought or will buy tickets from Caixa, presales or public sales.

The problem is that Caixa, your partner for the Spanish part of the tour, is unable to accept foreign credit cards or send tickets by mail, so fans purchasing tickets from Caixa from countries other than Spain have to pick-up their tickets at the venue box office, which in Spain is often known to open very late. As the Spanish concerts are general admission, these fans will not be able to obtain good spots because they will be forced to wait in line (from what I’ve heard, for hours) to pick up will call tickets when the stadium gates open. We all consider this situation to be very unfair to the fans who pay rollingstones.com memberships just to get the "best tickets" and who make the sacrifice to travel just to see their favorite band. I'm sure that especially for the opening night in Barcelona, thousands of the Stones’ most dedicated fans will be extremely disappointed if nothing changes.

We ask that you please help us to obtain fair treatment from Caixa. This problem can be easily solved if a box office can be opened at each of the venues (or somewhere close by) the morning or early afternoon of each show. This doesn’t seem like an unreasonable request, especially considering what these fans endured during the Spanish presales because of the problems with the Caixa site.

I sincerely hope, as the official fan club and as a Caixa partner, you will be able to help the fans who will travel to Spain to see the Rolling Stones. I remember some of us contacted you in 2003 about a similar problem for the Olympia show in Paris and you asked the French ticketing service to change its process. We are extremely grateful for that and hoping the same can be done with Caixa.

Thanks for your attention

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1653
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home