Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Film Maker ROMAN POLANSKI Arrested in ZURICH on 31 yr. old arrest warrant !!!
Posted by: HelterSkelter ()
Date: September 27, 2009 21:00

One of the world's top artists/film makers (and Jag's friend) get's arrested - 31 years later (must be an election coming up in the DA's office in LA - oh, there is smiling smiley - at the Zurich Airport)

. IMO this is horrible news (EVERYONE involved - except for the LA keystone cops - LA DA's office). Everybody involved had decided LONG AGO to "forgive and forget" (as well as a giant lawsuit Polanski paid to the girl and her family) - most importantly the 13 yr female victim who engaged with Polanski in the Sexual acts at Jack Nicholsons home in 1978 (Nicholson was out of town at the time). and the use of illegal drugs/underage drinking). Polanski has stated his regret and guilt many times and the woman in question is now a mother and wife and has no desire to keep this case open or put it back into the court system. In fact she's been VERY VOCAL about droppng all the nonsense, NOW and COMPLETELY .....

In Paris, Culture minister Frederic Mitterand said he was "Dumbfounded" by Polanski's arrest, adding that he "strongly regrets that a new negative ordeal is being inflicted on someone who has already experienced so many of them"

A QUICK REVIEW -

Escaped Krakow's (South Poland) Jewish Getto as a child during WWII and SURVIVED off of the kindness of strangers.

His mother died at the Auscwitz Nazi death camp (I've been there, it's one big stomach turning, sickest of sick horror shows.)

in Aug., 1969 his 8.5 month pregnant wife - Sharon Tate - was gruesomely murdered, along with 4 close friends as they sleep in their Beverly Hills bungalow about a mile from Sunset Blvd. (been there too - creepy, think they tore it down in the last few years)

After going through a very difficult trial and spending TONS OF CASH he fled the country to Paris on the last free first class seat on a British Airways flight. He was only about one hour ahead of the authorities. He landed in London, then took a direct AIRFRANCE flight to Paris were he's lived with his wife and 2 children for decades. Hey America, isn't a little late? The man is 76 years old and hasn't made a film since 2002. Helter

What do you guys think???

Re: OT: Film Maker ROMAN POLANSKI Arrested in ZURICH on 31 yr. old arrest warrant !!!
Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: September 27, 2009 21:37

Yes he expressed "guilt" and "Remorse" while enjoying a very nice lifestyle in europe and never really paid his due. She was 13 for god sake, a child., he was in his 40s for feck sake.
I;'m not saying that he should be hounded from society, or his movies boycotted, I continued to watch his movies.
I dont think that the undoubted horrors he and his family may have suffered have any bearing on the matter
What was a 13 year old doing there anyway ?
How would you feel if someone coereced you 13yr old daughter to perform a sex act ?

Re: OT: Film Maker ROMAN POLANSKI Arrested in ZURICH on 31 yr. old arrest warrant !!!
Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: September 27, 2009 21:42

do we know she was "coerced"?

its all ancient history that neither party is interested in anyway...at least roman will be able to travel to properly once the warrant gets processed and dropped.

OLDKR

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:08

oldkr
do we know she was "coerced"?

its all ancient history that neither party is interested in anyway...at least roman will be able to travel to properly once the warrant gets processed and dropped.

OLDKR

I hope he does time. He gave a 13 year old girl champagne and part of a quaalude, then did her in the ass. He pled guilty, then fled the country at the last minute. I don't give a flying fluck how great a film maker this guy was or is, but no way in hell does he get away with that without dealing with the consequences. What he did was wrong on so many levels. Unfortunately, the prosecution's case has flaws, and when he gets returned to Los Angeles, the case could be dismissed by a judge. By any measure though, what he did was unconscionable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-27 22:13 by Long John Stoner.

Date: September 27, 2009 22:12

HelterSkelter
One of the world's top artists/film makers (and Jag's friend) get's arrested - 31 years later (must be an election coming up in the DA's office in LA - oh, there is smiling smiley - at the Zurich Airport)

. IMO this is horrible news (EVERYONE involved - except for the LA keystone cops - LA DA's office). Everybody involved had decided LONG AGO to "forgive and forget" (as well as a giant lawsuit Polanski paid to the girl and her family) - most importantly the 13 yr female victim who engaged with Polanski in the Sexual acts at Jack Nicholsons home in 1978 (Nicholson was out of town at the time). and the use of illegal drugs/underage drinking). Polanski has stated his regret and guilt many times and the woman in question is now a mother and wife and has no desire to keep this case open or put it back into the court system. In fact she's been VERY VOCAL about droppng all the nonsense, NOW and COMPLETELY .....

In Paris, Culture minister Frederic Mitterand said he was "Dumbfounded" by Polanski's arrest, adding that he "strongly regrets that a new negative ordeal is being inflicted on someone who has already experienced so many of them"

A QUICK REVIEW -

Escaped Krakow's (South Poland) Jewish Getto as a child during WWII and SURVIVED off of the kindness of strangers.

His mother died at the Auscwitz Nazi death camp (I've been there, it's one big stomach turning, sickest of sick horror shows.)

in Aug., 1969 his 8.5 month pregnant wife - Sharon Tate - was gruesomely murdered, along with 4 close friends as they sleep in their Beverly Hills bungalow about a mile from Sunset Blvd. (been there too - creepy, think they tore it down in the last few years)

After going through a very difficult trial and spending TONS OF CASH he fled the country to Paris on the last free first class seat on a British Airways flight. He was only about one hour ahead of the authorities. He landed in London, then took a direct AIRFRANCE flight to Paris were he's lived with his wife and 2 children for decades. Hey America, isn't a little late? The man is 76 years old and hasn't made a film since 2002. Helter

I'll say the same thing I said to the other guy- no matter what he's been through in his life, and yeah, a lot of it I wouldn't wish on anybody, it does NOT give him permission to get a 13 year old girl wasted and then do her in the ass. It also doesn't matter that everyone "forgives" him by now. Do you seriously think if it were one of us instead of Polanski the celebrity the people involved would be so "forgiving"? No way.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:14

Hey Helter, Why have you not started a "Manson follower Susan Atkins is DEAD at 61" thread? I was kinda looking forward to that one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-27 22:16 by tatters.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:18

I can see that youre fifteen years old
No I dont want your i.d.
You look so rest-less and youre so far from home
But its no hanging matter
Its no capital crime

Did'nt he sing "thirteen years old" at the Roundhouse during the farewell tour?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:26

Not much worse than Bill Wyman with Mandy!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:26

What Long John Stoner wrote is true, alas eye rolling smiley
[en.wikipedia.org]

Date: September 27, 2009 22:29

mtaylor
Not much worse than Bill Wyman with Mandy!

This was bound to come up. Wyman's very lucky he didn't land in jail, too.

We can't let our admiration of their talent get in the way of what is right and wrong.

OT: Film Maker ROMAN POLANSKI Arrested in ZURICH on 31 yr. old arrest warrant !!!
Date: September 27, 2009 22:31

The bottom line is she won a large sum of money in court from a law suit and has for years now said she's through with this whole episode and has put it behind her - she admits she was a Hollywood party girl (listen to Zep's SICK AGAIN, same type). She's forgiven him, he's gone through a lot (he can't come to the USA to put film deals together, he's PROBABLY lost millions. There's dozens and dozens of countries he can't enter and hasn't BEEN ABLE TO FOR DECADES. This is SO AMERICAN !!! Just LET IT GO. When we needed their skills we had Nazi's working here a few months or years after WW II and looked the other way at their VERY NASTY PAST cause we needed their skills. Wrong is wrong, skills or not... just more hypocracy pouring out of the bull sh*t machine (USA)... For POLANSKI and an underaged sex and Quaalude party 31 LONG yrs ago .... WHERE THE FU*K IS BIN LADEN !?!?!? 8 years later ?!?!?!? 3000 dead in NYC..... What a circus....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:33

tatters
Hey Helter, Why have you not started a "Manson follower Susan Atkins is DEAD at 61" thread? I was kinda looking forward to that one.

The Helter death watch?eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:36

Mating with much younger partners seems quite an habit among celebrities

"In December 1959, Chuck Berry encountered legal problems after he invited a 14-year-old Apache waitress whom he met in Mexico to work as a hat check girl at his club.

This event, coupled with other early rock and roll scandals such as Jerry Lee Lewis' marriage to his 13-year-old cousin gave rock and roll an image problem that limited its acceptance into mainstream U.S. society."

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:38

It's laudable that he paid the victim monetary compensation. But letting that suffice as payment for his very real crime sends a message to the world that there is one form of justice for the rich and influential like Polanski, and another for other people, namely prosecution and most likely prison.

Date: September 27, 2009 22:39

tatters

SUSAN ATKINS was the worst of the worst - what she did was UNBELIEVABLE - beyond sick, Sub - Human Trash, all the way....

Date: September 27, 2009 22:46

HelterSkelter
The bottom line is she won a large sum of money in court from a law suit and has for years now said she's through with this whole episode and has put it behind her - she admits she was a Hollywood party girl (listen to Zep's SICK AGAIN, same type). She's forgiven him, he's gone through a lot (he can't come to the USA to put film deals together, he's PROBABLY lost millions. There's dozens and dozens of countries he can't enter and hasn't BEEN ABLE TO FOR DECADES. This is SO AMERICAN !!! Just LET IT GO. When we needed their skills we had Nazi's working here a few months or years after WW II and looked the other way at their VERY NASTY PAST cause we needed their skills. Wrong is wrong, skills or not... just more hypocracy pouring out of the bull sh*t machine (USA)... For POLANSKI and an underaged sex and Quaalude party 31 LONG yrs ago .... WHERE THE FU*K IS BIN LADEN !?!?!? 8 years later ?!?!?!? 3000 dead in NYC..... What a circus....

Then it makes me PROUD to be an American knowing that we won't let Polanski get away with his bullshit.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:48

HelterSkelter
tatters

SUSAN ATKINS was the worst of the worst - what she did was UNBELIEVABLE - beyond sick, Sub - Human Trash, all the way....

So you only post death notices for people you admire? That hardly seems fair.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:49

In case you mis-navigated, HelterSkelter - this is the site of the European Rolling Stones Fan Club, not some creepy site where people look for ways of excusing a sick paedophile.
This OT really upsets me.
And WHY are you screaming to us? The big letters - very annoying. The theme is as unsympathetic as it gets. Polanski is nothing but a criminal who's fled for decades because he wasn't man enough to take his punishment.
The former nazi concentration camp guards, recently expelled from the US, would you like them to be jailed, or did the jews "deserve it", too - like the former "party girl".

I suggest this thread is closed.

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:52

I'm sure I'm misreading you, Helter, but you could be (mis)understood as saying that Polanski's horrible experiences during the nazi era, and the Manson killings, should be weighed against his crime in -77. And that would a very strange way of using the memory of the death camps, or of the Manson victims.

Polanski should of course have been tried already in the seventies. One could say that by escaping he was able to lead a reasonably good life for many years.

Apparently, Polanski 'performed' anal sex on the girl because he was afraid she would get pregnant. (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskib15.html)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-27 23:04 by parislocksmith.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 27, 2009 22:59

I have just read that the reason Polanski fled was that the judge reneged on his plea bargain. But surely the plea bargain would have included some jail time, no?

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: September 27, 2009 23:00

Apparently, Polanski 'performed' anal sex on the girl because he was afraid she would get pregnant. (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/polanskib15.html)

Now that was a very responsible behaviour, was it not?. Okay, I am not serious about that, but we do not not know details, the girl forgave him and I suppose that Polanski will return to France soon. Run, Roman, run!

By the way, I read Polanski was a friend of Mick's, and we do not want Mick's friends in jail, right?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 27, 2009 23:03

I shouldn't have commented on this. Don't know how to delete my post altogether, so am deleting the content. Sorry if that's not cool bt I realized I waded into something I don't want to. Sorry!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-27 23:08 by swiss.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: September 27, 2009 23:42

Glad to see so many people think Polanski is a scumbag and should deal with the consequences.

Helter, it's one thing to have a "live & let live" attitude but come on. Why the need to defend
a scumbag? You tried to evoke sympathy for Polanski...why. It's ok for someone that
was a victim to victimize others?

What if you were the 13 yr old? What if your child was (if you have one)? Get real.
My brother-in-law was victimized in this way as a kid..and it haunts him every day.
He is severely messed up and has attempted suicide at least twice (that I know).
Happy to say that he's finally learning to deal with it but...I have no sympathy
for people like Polanski or Papa John Philips. I have no sympathy for pedophiles or
parents that practice incest.

You say you visited the Nazi death camps etc... Maybe you should do some research
on kids & teens that were sexually abused etc...

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: boogie69 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 00:11

Date: September 27, 2009 21:00

A QUICK REVIEW -

How would you feel if he did the same thing to your daughter, or sister, or someone else you cared about? Would you feel the same, would you be willing to "forgive and forget" then? I agree it's been a long time, and the girl in question has stated she wants the whole thing dropped- AFTER she got a settlement, so at one time she must have wanted justice too. I'm not sure what his punishment should be, and yes, there are problems with the case, and I'm not sure if it's worth our Government's time and money to still pursue him at this point, but he should not be allowed back in this country until he somehow answers for this crime. I know he was supposedly promised a certain kind of deal and then a judge went and changed things on him, which may have been unfair in and of itself, but he should not have fled like he did, that is a crime too. If our Government wants to issue an international warrant on him and another country wants to arrest him on it, then he only has him self to blame.

And it doesn't matter what he's been through in his life, it doesn't excuse his actions on this. Regardless of the circumstances of what happened that night, he shouldn't of been f-ucking around with a 13 year old, end of story.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is a f-ucking douche.

Date: September 28, 2009 00:17

Wymans behavour (or any other celeb Stone or otherwise) is not the the arbiter of what is acceptable. Rock and Roll has a long history of "flirting" with girls and their youth, 16 was allways the magical age, "came on like a dream, peaches and cream", "good morning little schoolgirl" etc and off course it ventured outside the song on occasion, i can understand ( if not condone) a randy stoned drummer getting off backstage with a mature 15yr old, but she was THIRTEEN and he was in his 40s.

The Jerry Lewis thing was a wee bit different, taking in the cultural/social background of where Jerry came from. As for Chuck, clearly a randy fecker and probably still is. fecked his career up mind, not like Roman's.

Incidently that was one of the genuis things about the fabs, upping the girls age to 17 in " I saw her standing there" give the song an extra dimension and edge, "if you know what i mean" winking smiley

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: September 28, 2009 00:30

First of all, he pled guilty to the charge and when it was time to face the judge, he left the U.S. Lot of courage there. I have a feeling this Helter guy
is upset because he considers Polanski a great artist/director that he admires
and that artists he admires are perhaps above the law. If this was a director who did Hawaii Five-O and the Waltons, I doubt such an uproar. Despite Polanski's personal horrors throughout his life (why would you mention that and point out that he spent "TONS OF CASH" by the way?) that does not make him above the law.
And saying that it was the 70s (hey, remember that Zeppelin tune, dude) is an even sloppier argument. It reminds me of a friend of mine who not only thought OJ Simpson was innocent, but he shouldn't even have stood trial. The reason?
"He was a great football player."
Keep in mind again that Polanski pled guilty and is a fugitive despite the forgiveness from the girl involved. JUst let it go? Would you say that about any other rape cases? The people who killed Emmitt Till perhaps?
YOu said it best, Helter: "Wrong is wrong."

Date: September 28, 2009 00:37

Its intersting how R.P. is spinning this as he's the poor victim. Its not even like he has a dreadful impoverished life in exile, shunned by society. He has continued to work and live a very nice lifestyle.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: September 28, 2009 00:45

Helter,what´s the matter ?

Wouldn´t you agree that it was a good decision that finally John Demjanyuk´s case
is on court in Munich ?
This guy is about 87 years old or so,the killings he is accused for are in the past back for over sixty years,but if he has done those nazi crimes he has to be sentenced !

If Polanski committed a crime he´s responsible for,no matter how tragic and sad his biography was,and guilt can´t be proven by me or you,
that´s what a courtroom is good for (at least it should be).

If the woman forgave him that´s to be respected and her individual decision.

Remember the MJ thread last year?
I do.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: September 28, 2009 00:57

Some people here in Zurich demonstrate against the arresting in front of the "Bezirksgebäude" (place were he could be arrested. I am not sure).

But you know. If he would have been a Mister Unknown.. everybody would say . he is a pig and nobody would care at all. In my opinion it's too late now. He did not do it again (As far we know).. is 76 years old. Hmm I am not sure if that will bring happiness to all the people involved.. including this woman with her family. But on the other side there sould be a trial and the case can be closed.

By the way I did not like the Mandy Story.. nor the Chuck Story (Jerry Lee Story is different as Nanker Phlegm mentioned) . in my opinion those men are poor, they will never impress a grown woman. Thats their problem. And underage girls don't have to be the cheap solution for their problems .. and get victims ( And these laws are not without a reason. I dont' see any rock magic in that. More a men's dream thing... Does somebody care about the girls involved? No .. not at all. Makes me angry. Mandy had bulimia.. others I don't know. These laws are there .. and are good. And if you have a daughter in that age.. as mother or father ..

In the case of Polanski. It's a bit late I think. I appreciate him as an artist. But that does not mean that he has a carte blanche.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: September 28, 2009 01:09

Bring the little sh-t back to LA and let HIM get "coerced" in the county jail!! Would serve him right!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home